Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Re the large cat that was 'appeared' on the pitch at the Valley today

Looked suspiciously like the large soft toy we noticed on the way to the match that had been put outside for rubbish collection by a resident of Lansdowne Lane! Made us laugh then but even more so when it appeared at the match.

Comments

• Haha exactly what I saw on my walk down.
  • I thought Lucky the cat made his last appearance in September 1983 !! :-)
  • He's reincarnated:)
  • I thought Harvey had made a comeback.
  • Floyd filing for divorce.
  • Looked suspiciously like the large soft toy we noticed on the way to the match that had been put outside for rubbish collection by a resident of Lansdowne Lane! Made us laugh then but even more so when it appeared at the match.

It was indeed (a cuddly dog). A bloke who sits near us picked it up on the way to the game from the pub. Was amused to see it make its way on to the pitch. I thought they were going to take it away to have it put down but they gave it a seat to watch the rest of the game instead!
  • Hearing reports that it was actually a stuffed dog
  • Sponsored links:

• At first I thought it was the fabled second sofa being installed.
  • LouisMend said:

Hearing reports that it was actually a stuffed dog

Looks like I was barking up the wrong tree with my cat joke.
  • I can reveal it was Harvey - She! made a break from her prison sell in the North Stand. Looking at her condition, I hate to think what Floyd is looking like! Still better than that stupid Robin though.
  • Did the stuffed dog get searched on the way in?
  • How tall was it?
  • Oh, so that's what it was. From my perch in the East it looked like a giant rat. Kuszczak looked reluctant to touch it before throwing it off the pitch.
  • How did they get passed security with a giant stuffed dog when others got stopped for bringing in a small stress ball?

The stewards must have been totally fixated on stress balls. There was someone who brought in a 3 ft sq lump of wood with them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:

How did they get passed security with a giant stuffed dog when others got stopped for bringing in a small stress ball?

The stewards must have been totally fixated on stress balls. There was someone who brought in a 3 ft sq lump of wood with them!
    What?! Why?!

Actually maybe we could all try to sneak random objects in. The more bigger and bizarre the better.
    Saying that reminds me of Barcelona fans throwing a pigs head into the pitch.
  • Missed It said:

How did they get passed security with a giant stuffed dog when others got stopped for bringing in a small stress ball?

What?! Why?!

Actually maybe we could all try to sneak random objects in. The more bigger and bizarre the better.
    Saying that reminds me of Barcelona fans throwing a pigs head into the pitch.
    That could be Messi from the west upper!
  • Showed more movement and pace than Reza has in the last few appearances.

• How on earth did he manage to get that past any supposed searches, surely it wasn't stuffed down his trousers??
  • Am I right in thinking it was black and white?
  • We could be in real trouble, if he's on the list of dangerous dogs. The police will be called in and he will be put down ( lucky bastard I hear you say).
  • edited April 2016

Thanks for clarifying! Was lying face down when we saw it it so couldn't determine species. However I do understand that the club will issue a statement following a lengthy meeting with the RSPCA and are also asking the Met to carrry out house to house enquiries down Lansdowne Lane to determine whether the customer who picked it up asked the owner's permission as the Club take the issue of theft very seriously!!! PS Can't wait to see some more comments on this thread - keep the jokes coming.

Missed It said:

Looked suspiciously like the large soft toy we noticed on the way to the match that had been put outside for rubbish collection by a resident of Lansdowne Lane! Made us laugh then but even more so when it appeared at the match.

It was indeed (a cuddly dog). A bloke who sits near us picked it up on the way to the game from the pub. Was amused to see it make its way on to the pitch. I thought they were going to take it away to have it put down but they gave it a seat to watch the rest of the game instead!
    Bit early to be lying in the gutter @cherryorchard :wink:
  • I'm bringing in a ride on lawn mower next time.