Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

More Unbelievable Pettiness from the Club

13»

Comments

• redman said:

redman said:

Didn't think I would get my own thread! There were actually 4 stages to this. First step was asking me to cover up my CARD sweatshirt with a jacket by the CACT guy who runs it and the Greenwich UNi lady who organised the video. I did this as I didn't want to take away the main aim of the presentation too much; and these requests were polite as well. Then this official got involved as we were going onto the pitch. It would appear this was Lisa Squires. Firstly the zip on my jacket wasn't done up high enough and a little bit of the shirt showed. Then there was the badge incident. Basically told I was not going onto the pitch with "that on", It wasn't a polite request but was in the new CAFC customer relations approach of a rude order. There was a clear implication that if I didn't take it off I would be blocked from entering the pitch.
    Finally as we walking across I was told I had to return my scarf before I could continue. This was the most bizarre request as it was a red white black scarf bought from the official club shop a few years ago!

The "orders" were clearly from somebody under stress and just again showed to me how much they are rattled when these minor incidents get them worked up.

Perhaps I should have stood my ground more but it didn't seem appropriate in the circumstances

Without taking away from the main debate about something that sounds completely daft to me, a minor point of correction. I don't think the woman you talked about is from UoG. The only UoG people were the two guys who made the short film (sadly not shown on big screen today due to some technical problems around the Valley.) If it is the person I think it is, she is from CACT. Was it the person who asked the questions for the filming? If so, definitely works for CACT.

To clarify there were 2 women. The first asked me to cover up the CARD sweatshirt, fairly politely. I thought she was UoG but may be CACT. The second woman was a cub official and much more officious, who it now turns out was Lisa Squires. She was the one re the badge take off and the scarf. I suspect her attitude and manner were due to the pressure she has from above rather than her personally.
    They are so pathetic and desperate. We are winning and need to drive it home.
    I can confirm I got the scarf back.

I suspect you are mistaken on that one. It's very much in character.
    She upset you Rick?
  • redman said:

Didn't think I would get my own thread! There were actually 4 stages to this. First step was asking me to cover up my CARD sweatshirt with a jacket by the CACT guy who runs it and the Greenwich UNi lady who organised the video. I did this as I didn't want to take away the main aim of the presentation too much; and these requests were polite as well. Then this official got involved as we were going onto the pitch. It would appear this was Lisa Squires. Firstly the zip on my jacket wasn't done up high enough and a little bit of the shirt showed. Then there was the badge incident. Basically told I was not going onto the pitch with "that on", It wasn't a polite request but was in the new CAFC customer relations approach of a rude order. There was a clear implication that if I didn't take it off I would be blocked from entering the pitch.
    Finally as we walking across I was told I had to return my scarf before I could continue. This was the most bizarre request as it was a red white black scarf bought from the official club shop a few years ago!

The "orders" were clearly from somebody under stress and just again showed to me how much they are rattled when these minor incidents get them worked up.

Perhaps I should have stood my ground more but it didn't seem appropriate in the circumstances

Without taking away from the main debate about something that sounds completely daft to me, a minor point of correction. I don't think the woman you talked about is from UoG. The only UoG people were the two guys who made the short film (sadly not shown on big screen today due to some technical problems around the Valley.) If it is the person I think it is, she is from CACT. Was it the person who asked the questions for the filming? If so, definitely works for CACT.

Indeed it was Lisa Sqires and a young lady from CACT.

@AirnanBrown you should really get yourself down to walking football on a Tuesday morning.

• mogodon said:

iaitch said:

I think we should keep a little red book for after the revolution.

And have them shot at half time.
    Why wait until half-time?
    Why not? We seem to have to wait that long for a shot in a few games (the only question would be whether the BBC would record them as on target or not).
  • redman said:

redman said:

To clarify there were 2 women. The first asked me to cover up the CARD sweatshirt, fairly politely. I thought she was UoG but may be CACT. The second woman was a cub official and much more officious, who it now turns out was Lisa Squires. She was the one re the badge take off and the scarf. I suspect her attitude and manner were due to the pressure she has from above rather than her personally.

In any event, stopping a Charlton fan from wearing a Charlton scarf, purchased in the Charlton shop, in order to avoid embarrassing Charlton, is pretty crass
    Bit harsh. I've known Lisa a few years now and as much as she is a bit of a livewire, she is a nice person and wouldn't want to piss any fans off by asking them to remove a small badge. I'll ask her if she was under orders at some point when I can be arsed.
  • The club really are in full North Korean mode now, they have simply lost it(if they ever had it in the first place).

I suspect the protests being taken inside the Valley making it impossible to ignore is what has pushed them over the edge in to the level of petty actions that we have seen in the last month, they really are cracking, the revolution is being won.

I am expecting the Derby pre match entertainment to be either five random black and white scarf wearing fans to be publicly flogged as a lesson to us all or maybe some sort of military parade. ;-)

• edited April 2016
    This discussion reminds me, does anyone know if Mick Everitt is close to walking? I thought one of his responses on twitter seemed a bit weird considering his situation.

Ultimately, those at the club who seem to be held in regard by the fans seem to be leaving and Mick has been made the face of some pretty unpopular decisions regarding stewarding. Given he must report to Tony the Testicle, who wanted protestors banned, his "rapport with the protestors" must be close to making his position untenable:

Even going back, I thought it was odd that he mentioned the protests whilst talking about big Sam

• edited April 2016

Took me ages that.

Cracker,
    I'm sure he does view himself as something of a cult figure but he is coming across more like David Icke although weirdly (and this is really, really weird) David Icke will know far more about football than RD ever will despite his ongoing battle with lizards disguised as humans.*

Published on Aug 24, 2012
    * David Icke: Conspiracy of the Lizard Illuminati (Part 1/2) on youtube

I said it was weird!
  • Sponsored links:

• Took me ages that.

Cracker,
    I'm sure he does view himself as something of a cult figure but he is coming across more like David Icke although weirdly (and this is really, really weird) David Icke will know far more about football than RD ever will despite his ongoing battle with lizards disguised as humans.*

Published on Aug 24, 2012
    * David Icke: Conspiracy of the Lizard Illuminati (Part 1/2) on youtube

I said it was weird!
    That word "cult" it catches me out every time, read as something different.
  • redman said:

redman said:

In any event, stopping a Charlton fan from wearing a Charlton scarf, purchased in the Charlton shop, in order to avoid embarrassing Charlton, is pretty crass
    Bit harsh. I've known Lisa a few years now and as much as she is a bit of a livewire, she is a nice person and wouldn't want to piss any fans off by asking them to remove a small badge. I'll ask her if she was under orders at some point when I can be arsed.
    @Sonicstud85 Well, did you ask her?