Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More Unbelievable Pettiness from the Club

At half time today the group of men that were on the pitch promoting walking football were all sitting in our quadrant, when they walked down to go on Lisa Squires noticed that one of them had the temerity to be wearing a CARD pin badge, she made him remove it before he could continue.... Unbelievable.... The guy eventually reluctantly removed it, I would have refused and stood my ground, stalemate..

Comments

• Options

At half time today the group of men that were on the pitch promoting walking football were all sitting in our quadrant, when they walked down to go on Lisa Squires noticed that one of them had the temerity to be wearing a CARD pin badge, she made him remove it before he could continue.... Unbelievable.... The guy eventually reluctantly removed it, I would have refused and stood my ground, stalemate..

I saw this and thought it was the red, black & white scarf. I am surprised at Lisa, she must be under orders.
  • Options
    She's a nice person but that is crazy
  • Options
    I am not digging Lisa out over it, she is obviously acting on orders but can't believe how petty it is that a badge no more than 3cm across has to be removed, what would they have done if he had refused, ejected him?
  • Options
    Lisa has sold out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those pesky two percent again.
  • Options
    Have to beat these idiots running the place.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Lisa has sold out

She was SELLING the badges ?????

I hope not. But you could almost believe them sending the players out to pick up a few free badges and them selling them from the club shop later.
  • Options
    A hamfisted attempt to learn from the photo on the website with the kid wearing the CARD badge maybe?
  • Options
    Comical.
  • Options

Couldn't care less how nice a person she is. Just another puppet ruining our club. Should be ashamed of herself.

Couldn't care less how nice a person she is. Just another puppet ruining our club. Should be ashamed of herself.

She's just a person doing her job, have you not ever worked for an idiot boss?
  • Options

Who hasn't? There's that and then there's one who is hated and is being protested against week after week by thousands of people. Surely at that point you might consider stepping way from the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to hear the badges annoyed them.
  • Options

Who hasn't? There's that and then there's one who is hated and is being protested against week after week by thousands of people. Surely at that point you might consider stepping way from the club.
    It wouldn't have taken resignation, just turn a blind eye to the one badge on the one bloke, it would have been the reasonable option all round whatever the instruction given from above.

In this specific instance the workforce can exercise common blimmin sense, and held on to a bit of blimmin personal autonomy if they so choose.

If despite the stupidity of the situation, a member of staff pressed on with this threat, (yeah I know it wasn't like a life or death type of thing, but there was a threat implied at the moment of interaction) then I would like to know the exact reason given, unless it was of the order of 'I don't have to tell you why, just remove that badge'

What possible reason could have been given to justify this behaviour?
  • Options
    redman said:

Didn't think I would get my own thread! There were actually 4 stages to this. First step was asking me to cover up my CARD sweatshirt with a jacket by the CACT guy who runs it and the Greenwich UNi lady who organised the video. I did this as I didn't want to take away the main aim of the presentation too much; and these requests were polite as well. Then this official got involved as we were going onto the pitch. It would appear this was Lisa Squires. Firstly the zip on my jacket wasn't done up high enough and a little bit of the shirt showed. Then there was the badge incident. Basically told I was not going onto the pitch with "that on", It wasn't a polite request but was in the new CAFC customer relations approach of a rude order. There was a clear implication that if I didn't take it off I would be blocked from entering the pitch.
    Finally as we walking across I was told I had to return my scarf before I could continue. This was the most bizarre request as it was a red white black scarf bought from the official club shop a few years ago!

The "orders" were clearly from somebody under stress and just again showed to me how much they are rattled when these minor incidents get them worked up.

Perhaps I should have stood my ground more but it didn't seem appropriate in the circumstances

Hi Redman, thanks for the response, I am not criticising you as it was clearly a judgment call made by you at the time and as you state, you didn't want it to detract from the message that you guys were trying to get across. Whilst I understand that I do think that I would have refused to take the badge off.... Anyway, I hope you might consider making an official complaint to the club? What right do they have to tell us what to wear?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It wouldn't have taken resignation, just turn a blind eye to the one badge on the one bloke, it would have been the reasonable option all round whatever the instruction given from above.

In this specific instance the workforce can exercise common blimmin sense, and held on to a bit of blimmin personal autonomy if they so choose.

If despite the stupidity of the situation, a member of staff pressed on with this threat, (yeah I know it wasn't like a life or death type of thing, but there was a threat implied at the moment of interaction) then I would like to know the exact reason given, unless it was of the order of 'I don't have to tell you why, just remove that badge'

Couldn't agree more. Understand people have families to feed and jobs aren't exactly plentiful nowadays, but if you are staying at the club at least have the backbone to do that.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

seth plum said:

Couldn't agree more. Understand people have families to feed and jobs aren't exactly plentiful nowadays, but if you are staying at the club at least have the backbone to do that.
    Ah, but it's the orders of SWMBO !

( That's for YOU, Sam Lloyd !)