Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    It’s an absolute bucket load of cash fight , we seem to be entering an era where these fights can be made whilst the fighters are in their prime

AJ seems very confident that the fight with wilder is very close to being completed

No one thought Loma vs Linares would happen and we just witnessed an amazing spectacle

When Floyd was at his peak he had such influence and such weighted demands due to A and B side of the purse that fights just wouldn’t happen

Loma
    Linares
    Garcia
    Crawford
    AJ
    GGG

Etc seem far more interested in going out there and proving to the world who is the boss in thier respective divisions

It’s quite refreshing that the bullshit that surrounds them is not getting in the way

I would put my house on it that Floyd would not do this even if he was at his pomp now

All those guys are more than happy to put it on the line take an L if it comes and fight the best

This should roll down to the new talents coming through as the way to conduct business

Looks at Geovante Davies feeling unloved by Floyd left out by Floyd but still following the Floyd way of calling out Loma now he knows Loma has stepped up and won’t drop back down but showing no interest in stepping up

Replica of his maker
  • Options
    edited May 2018

It’s an absolute bucket load of cash fight , we seem to be entering an era where these fights can be made whilst the fighters are in their prime

AJ seems very confident that the fight with wilder is very close to being completed

No one thought Loma vs Linares would happen and we just witnessed an amazing spectacle

When Floyd was at his peak he had such influence and such weighted demands due to A and B side of the purse that fights just wouldn’t happen

Loma
    Linares
    Garcia
    Crawford
    AJ
    GGG

Etc seem far more interested in going out there and proving to the world who is the boss in thier respective divisions

It’s quite refreshing that the bullshit that surrounds them is not getting in the way

I would put my house on it that Floyd would not do this even if he was at his pomp now

All those guys are more than happy to put it on the line take an L if it comes and fight the best

This should roll down to the new talents coming through as the way to conduct business

Looks at Geovante Davies feeling unloved by Floyd left out by Floyd but still following the Floyd way of calling out Loma now he knows Loma has stepped up and won’t drop back down but showing no interest in stepping up

Replica of his maker

Add Alvarez to that list - however flawed his legacy may now be he is still a great boxer who will take on anyone.

I've never been a great fan of Mayweather the man (can't stand the twat) but he was the best defensive boxer I have ever seen, or likely will ever see, and apart from Manny who he avoided for years, he fought all before him at his and their peak - De La Hoya, Cotto, Marquez, Alvarez, Mosely, Hatton, Judah, Gatti - he only ducked Manny.

But I agree it seems now that the best are willing to fight the best, although I think that's money talking rather than being willing to take on all comers. The elite boxers have realised that one or two massive pay days are better than joke fights against bums to defend their '0'.

Lomachenko just wants to fight - anyone and everyone!
  • Options
    He fought them all mate but he put so many obstacles and stipulations that by the time he fought them the dice was weighted

Cannelo deserves to be on the list I’d even add Amir and Ricky to it

The Loma vs Linares fight was made with ease apparently both fighters insisted that there was no obstacles they shook hands in the top rank head office and walked out leaving the teams in no doubt about what needed to happen

Can you imagine Floyd doing that

Now I like you love Floyd the boxer and despise Floyd the persona
  • Options
    Full fight here. Well worth a watch:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6jf002
  • Options
    I was foolishly watching in bed, fell asleep after the third round. Watched it back this morning, wonderful display
  • Options
    After Alvarez was banned and the fight rescheduled for September De La Hoya said He was a clean fighter and would prove it "Canelo will be tested every day until the fight"

Today the WBC confirmed Canelo had refused to sign up to 365 testing

Not doing himself any favours
  • Options
    It’s rife there’s loads refusing

Looking forward to the weekends action

Little jack Bateson ( one to watch real talent )

Danny Wright ( one to watch )

Then josh vs selby

• Options

It’s rife there’s loads refusing

Looking forward to the weekends action

Little jack Bateson ( one to watch real talent )

Danny Wright ( one to watch )

Then josh vs selby

Jack Bateson is a good boxer, I think Warrington can beat Selby if he gambles and really puts it on him for the first half of the fight, Selby is decent but could send a glass eye to sleep and I think with a arena packed full of Warrington fans he might unravel
  • Options
    Selby is one of the most hot and cold boxers I’ve seen.

Can look world class one fight then absolute pony the next.
  • Options
    Jack Bateson is a kid to watch mate reminds me of Ant Corolla in the intensity he trains with never out of the gym or out a camp for more than a couple of weeks

Comes from a very good gym and has great backing , his old man has him on the right path and the whole set up is fantastic, double that with Jacks skills and desire and you have a champion in the making there, very humble kid very polite and decent lad looking forward to catching up with him at Friday’s weigh in

Danny Wright is coming on strong another kid with high intensity and ability steve woods rates him as the next star from his stable, will be interesting to see how far he has come since I saw his debut

I see the Elland road factor as the leveller in this fight , I spoke with josh over the weekend and he is ready for this and has been at peak for about two weeks his dad Sean has been really having to hold him back in training to keep him from doing some real damage to his sparring partners and some of them have been top top draw fellas

I am with the team this weekend and can’t wait to soak up that Leeds atmosphere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Fantastic photo of a warrior

• Options
    The face of a beaten man
  • Options

The face of a beaten man

Yes - and beaten by a guy who, when he retires, will be talked about in the same breath as the two Sugar Rays.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

The face of a beaten man

Yes - and beaten by a guy who, when he retires, will be talked about in the same breath as the two Sugar Rays.
    And deserves to be mate I have now re watched the fight five times the last 40 seconds of that fight is absolutely punch perfect
  • Options
    So thoughts on the fight tomorrow who wins

Warrington or selby

Things crossed the line with the Leeds fans launching bottles (only plastic) at selby as he left the weigh in and my mate Nick Manners looks in a bit of trouble

• Options
    Selby for me is a very good boxer. Don't know enough about Warrington to call it... Guess I'm going for Selby then!
  • Options
    Good video of Groves on the pads, hitting nice and hard, hope that ends the idea of Eubank in the final now.

Groves v Smith is what we all want to see.

Nice touch having "over my shoulder" playing in the clip too
  • Options

Warrington or selby

Things crossed the line with the Leeds fans launching bottles (only plastic) at selby as he left the weigh in and my mate Nick Manners looks in a bit of trouble

Looking forward to this.

Likely to go the distance and a tight one to call but I fancy Warrington to nick it,
  • Options
    Boom said:

Warrington or selby

Looking forward to this.

Likely to go the distance and a tight one to call but I fancy Warrington to nick it,
    +1

Warrington in a close fight.
  • Options

Good video of Groves on the pads, hitting nice and hard, hope that ends the idea of Eubank in the final now.

Groves v Smith is what we all want to see.

Nice touch having "over my shoulder" playing in the clip too

July 7th I have been told at 02 George has one final fitness test to be announced in next 10 days unless he fails it

bobmunro said:

Boom said:

Warrington or selby

Looking forward to this.

+1

Warrington in a close fight.

This is my thoughts I think josh will outwork him and the influence of the fans at Elland road will get to selby

Josh by two rounds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Josh needs to start fast and stop Selby rhythm and Nick early rounds. Still think over the 12 Selby will win 116-112.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Has Selby got much of a following?

Fear for trouble tonight what with being Leeds and all day drinking in the sun
  • Options

Has Selby got much of a following?

Fear for trouble tonight what with being Leeds and all day drinking in the sun

I see where you are coming from however Selby doesn't really sell tickets so will be a limited arsehole window.
  • Options

Enjoy leeds @nth london addick loads of quality drinking options
  • Options

My eldest with our big pal

Quality
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Not ‘tonight’ but George Groves WILL NOT fight Smith in the final of the Ali Trophy. Chris Eubank will. Will be announced officially next few days. Makes a mockery of the tournament but Groves’ shoulder is taking a lot longer than expected to heal.
  • Options
    Getting loud in here what a place to have a fight unreal venue the acoustics in Elland Road are amazing must have been some place to play, I have been here so many time to watch football the place is only part full and sitting here on the centre spot has my hairs on the back of my neck up

Marching on together will raise Josh I really hope he does it like Bellew at Everton to see someone achieve it in the place he loves will be a privilege