Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Lack of head movement will be the undoing of Yarde, too easy to hit 
  • Options
    Great fight so far 
  • Options
    Credit to Yarde, weathered a storm there 
  • Options
    Great round Yarde!!
  • Options
    Great round that. Thisis good stuff.
  • Options
    Got this 3-2 beterbiev, but yarde looks fucked after that flurry at the end
  • Options
    Yarde won't make it into the later stages. 
  • Options
    Yarde's defense of 'stand still and swing' is his undoing. 
  • Options
    Some fight this!
  • Options
    Game over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great effort by Yarde, Beterbiev too powerful in the end.
  • Options
    Yarde gave a great account of himself there
  • Options
    Not sure how they had Yarde ahead ringside, but he gave a great showing and had it relatively close… just too much power and punch accuracy in the end. Now pleaaaaaaase make the Bivol fight!
  • Options
    Great fight. Yarde gave him a real tough fight but Beterbiev just had that bit extra.
  • Options
    Be nice if they showed the ending again …
  • Options
    Good fight but not to the amount BT seem to be hyping it
  • Options
    Good scrap that. Beterbiev just had too much, absolute machine.

Undercard was shite though.
  • Options
    That was a banger of a fight, it is a horrible task to fight Beterbiev he is like the terminator. Anthony Yarde is a credit to himself as I think his level and ability is all him, Tunde Ajayi is at best a bizarre choice as trainer.

I thought the stoppage was a bit premature but probably the correct thing to do as Beterbiev isn't the kind to be compassionate but I thought Yarde had done enough to deserve a second chance 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    That was a banger of a fight, it is a horrible task to fight Beterbiev he is like the terminator. Anthony Yarde is a credit to himself as I think his level and ability is all him, Tunde Ajayi is at best a bizarre choice as trainer.

I thought the stoppage was a bit premature but probably the correct thing to do as Beterbiev isn't the kind to be compassionate but I thought Yarde had done enough to deserve a second chance 
    Not sure about that… the ref gave him a 15 count and he was still looking over at his corner. Could have got badly hurt if you let him walk out dazed to someone with Beterbievs power
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Brilliant fight:
    That was old school boxing where you don't just dance but throw punches. Seen plenty of fights where there's more holding than punches.

Big shout out to Anthony Yarde but Beterbiev is just pure Class. 38 year old Russian made of Granite. 

After seeing Yarde against Arthur (first fight) when he was timid, he was so aggressive tonight. He had his mind right with the second Arthur fight and was so brave tonight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Carter said:

Not sure about that… the ref gave him a 15 count and he was still looking over at his corner. Could have got badly hurt if you let him walk out dazed to someone with Beterbievs power
    Yeah you are probably right, I thought at the time it was premature but having watched it back it was a very sensible call. I'd given credit to Yarde for using every trick in the book to long out the count
  • Options
    Defo the right call for me, he looked spent and agree with Sayer, could have got a lot worse if he was allowed to continue. 
  • Options
    I’ve just finished watching “Southpaw” on Netflix.  Would recommend it to boxing fans if you have Netflix.
  • Options
    Sad to read today that Joe Bugner is in a care facility in Brisbane suffering from severe dementia.  He has no recollection of his boxing career which saw him go the distance with Mohammad Ali twice and the same with Joe Frazier.
  • Options
    Sad to read today that Joe Bugner is in a care facility in Brisbane suffering from severe dementia.  He has no recollection of his boxing career which saw him go the distance with Mohammad Ali twice and the same with Joe Frazier.
    That's very sad.
    He was a top boxer in a golden age for heavyweights. It was a shame that he was more interested in not getting hurt than trying to win fights.
    I still maintain that he didn't beat Henry Cooper in their fight.
  • Options
    I’m sure you’re right Clive.  I watched the Cooper Bugner fight on utube last night and commentator Harry Carpenter reckoned the ref at Wembley arena that night was the only one who saw it that way (even if it was by the slenderest of margins).  This was in the days before we had three judges.
  • Options
    Great fight between Wood and Lara.

What are people's thoughts on the stoppage? At the time I thought it was right, but with 6 seconds to go maybe Davidson could have judged Leigh in the corner 
  • Options
    should should have let him see the round out, or the next exchange at least. Just had to grab him for a few seconds 
  • Options
    should should have let him see the round out, or the next exchange at least. Just had to grab him for a few seconds 
    Yeah I'm with you I think, having now seen it back. 
  • Options
    If the knockdown was earlier I think I’d get the towel coming in more but there was only a few seconds left. Thought he’d at least get him into the corner but these trainers know what they’re doing so he obviously thought he had to stop it.