Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Didn't see that coming! 
  • Options
    Can't argue with that stoppage though 
  • Options
    Bye bye Eubank. No way forward from that.
  • Options
    Blimey, what a finish that was!
  • Options
    haha, wife says 'wtf is that on his face?'...
    And in the 30 seconds the camera was on him, it doubled in size.  That'll sting tomorrow morning!
  • Options
    Cracking shot from Smith, fair play. 
  • Options
    Eubank tried to get up too quickly when felled, like Khan used to.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Didn't know what day of the week it was.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Just like Peterbrough's secretary and stadium staff!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    Just like Peterbrough's secretary and stadium staff!
    They had even less of a clue. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crikey. Over the moon with that although didn’t see it coming.
  • Options
    Really didn't see that coming but Eubank was doing far too much admiration of his own work it was inevitable as the fight went on. He can come back as he has done from previous defeats as Liam Smith is in a real Indian Summer and has genuine pedigree but in reality this is the first time he has been found wanting for ability to take a whack. And if i was him id have a real think about how much I need the boxers life

Wonderful shot and subsequent combination from Smith
  • Options
    Thought Eubank was extremely decent in defeat. Showed a lot of class this week. Not sure his heart is fully in this game now 
  • Options
    Any opinions on the future of Joseph Parker Bob?  He did enough to win against Massey didn’t he - hardly spectacular though.  It was free to air on NZ tv by the way - yea.
  • Options
    Thought Eubank was extremely decent in defeat. Showed a lot of class this week. Not sure his heart is fully in this game now 
    I agree, first time he's been beaten by KO I think but it's happened to other boxers that you can't put that genie back in the bottle. Once you've been knocked out once it can start to happen again more often.

He could probably go on if picked fights against weaker opponents than Smith but surely has to wonder if its worth it.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Didn't see that coming! 
     Neither did Eubank!!
  • Options
    How was the evening @bobmunro ?
  • Options
    Hands down boxing and doesn't like to get hit/hurt. Doesn't bode well in a grudge match. 

Eubanks fancied himself and admired his own work (a few uppercuts). It reminded me of Haye/Bellow.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    seems that Smith's win was a 'surprise' to most .. why? .. Smith has arguably fought a slightly better class of opponent (though not always as a winner) including Alvarez, whereas Eubank has in the past lost to (e.g.) Groves and Saunders .. was the expected Eubank win down to talking a good fight or the usual mix of bluster and bullshit spouted by his dad ?
  • Options
    Have to say, the Eubank Jr we have seen the media in the past 12 months is a much more likable bloke than the Eubank Jr of old. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seems that Smith's win was a 'surprise' to most .. why? .. Smith has arguably fought a slightly better class of opponent (though not always as a winner) including Alvarez, whereas Eubank has in the past lost to (e.g.) Groves and Saunders .. was the expected Eubank win down to talking a good fight or the usual mix of bluster and bullshit spouted by his dad ?
    Think it's more surprising that he won by stoppage specifically, most people thought he had maybe a chance on points but Eubank is naturally bigger and previously had shown a good chin.
  • Options
    Anyone watching Moses Itauma on the Yarde undercard?

Think I’ve just seen my first knockout without a punch landing on the blokes head! Pretty sure it was two punches on his gloves. Did I see it wrong?

What a bizarre debut! 
  • Options
    Anyone watching Moses Itauma on the Yarde undercard?

Think I’ve just seen my first knockout without a punch landing on the blokes head! Pretty sure it was two punches on his gloves. Did I see it wrong?

What a bizarre debut! 
    Definitely took most of it on the gloves, looks like he hits like a freight train though. Yarde is about to get smashed into another dimension, can’t see this being pretty
  • Options
    This is embarrassing, can’t believe they’ve got this in the ring before a Beterbiev fight
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    This is embarrassing, can’t believe they’ve got this in the ring before a Beterbiev fight
    All everyone in this charade is interested in is money 
  • Options
    Beterbiev 2-4 I reckon
  • Options
    I actually like Jake Paul, find him quite entertaining. Hope he beats Tommy Fury and think it’s a pretty 50/50 fight.
  • Options
    Sure he’s a massive underdog but genuinely think Yarde has a chance here, some great odds on Yarde mid/late rounds. 
  • Options
    Sure he’s a massive underdog but genuinely think Yarde has a chance here, some great odds on Yarde mid/late rounds. 
    His only chance is keeping his distance, using his speed and trying to take it deep into the latter rounds. Beterbiev hits A LOT harder than Kovalev