Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Makes Floyd's win over Manny all that more impressive. Everyone thought he just waited for Pacquiao to be over-the-hill, but clearly he's still the best welterweight around not named Spence.
    And Crawford
  • Options
    Just back from the 02. Was there supporting Dan Azeez who put in a very focused and clinical performance to win the southern area title. 

Allen looked in a bad way and was taken out on a stretcher so he wasn't right. Very much hope he is ok.

Absolutely shocking that whyte got that decision. He never won that in a month of Sunday's.  Another matchroom robbery.
    Whyte won that wide imo. Landed far cleaner and far more often, look at the end of the fight Rivas knew he had lost
    Funny how people can see it differently and going by twitter yours seems to be the general consensus. Just felt inevitable and off at the time but perhaps watching it on a screen I'll see it differently.
    I had it a lot closer than the judges. Whyte balance and footwork looked off last night he was far too heavy imo
  • Options
    Just back from the 02. Was there supporting Dan Azeez who put in a very focused and clinical performance to win the southern area title. 

Allen looked in a bad way and was taken out on a stretcher so he wasn't right. Very much hope he is ok.

Absolutely shocking that whyte got that decision. He never won that in a month of Sunday's.  Another matchroom robbery.
    Whyte won that wide imo. Landed far cleaner and far more often, look at the end of the fight Rivas knew he had lost
    Funny how people can see it differently and going by twitter yours seems to be the general consensus. Just felt inevitable and off at the time but perhaps watching it on a screen I'll see it differently.
    Yeah it also depends on what you like to see from a fighter I suppose, Rivas walked Whyte down the entire fight, but I felt this was a deliberate ploy by Whyte to keep Rivas out of range
  • Options
    Whyte clearly won that, it wasn't even close
  • Options
    The biggest unspoken thing in the pacquiao v thurman fight is the lack of drug testing before the fight.

Suddenly you have a 40 year old back to his 'best'. Question marks still remain for me. 
  • Options
    Thurman was absolutely crazy to accept no VADA testing. There have always been rumours on Manny, especially with certain members of his team.
    You would think Thurman would insist on drug testing as the number 1 priority before signing to fight.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Seems to be the case from what I am reading here and elsewhere. Will watch it when it surfaces on youtube.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Seems to be the case from what I am reading here and elsewhere. Will watch it when it surfaces on youtube.
    I'd be interested to hear @Carter and @NLA opinion on your assessment Rodders
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I can understand where Rodders was coming from but for me before the knockdown in the 9th I had given Rivas 3 rds and he got the 9th by two points , he never won another rd after the knockdown 

don’t get me wrong it was a tough night for him but tactically he got it spot on the jab was the right weapon of choice and coming in heavy was correct (although I hate it) 

Rivas was predictable he was very easy to read and work out , what he did have was power and speed and Whyte couldn’t take a round off or he could easily have got nailed 

for me the knockdown was more due to Whyte switching off and then moving into the shot plus not having his feet right

he was clipped went down and was dazed but not hurt 

however the best performance of the night came from Dan Azeez and @RodneyCharltonTrotta

your boy is going places that was an awesome performance absolutely belting 
  • Options
    Any relation to Ade?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can understand where Rodders was coming from but for me before the knockdown in the 9th I had given Rivas 3 rds and he got the 9th by two points , he never won another rd after the knockdown 

don’t get me wrong it was a tough night for him but tactically he got it spot on the jab was the right weapon of choice and coming in heavy was correct (although I hate it) 

Rivas was predictable he was very easy to read and work out , what he did have was power and speed and Whyte couldn’t take a round off or he could easily have got nailed 

for me the knockdown was more due to Whyte switching off and then moving into the shot plus not having his feet right

however the best performance of the night came from Dan Azeez and @RodneyCharltonTrotta

Have seen Dan fight 3 times now mate. First time was at Brentwood (when I saw you at Lewis's fight) which he won comfortably and then at York Hall a few months back against an awkward and aggressive African opponent which he came through well.  But last night was a different level and he seems to be on an upward trajectory.

His opponent Duffield had a huge, loud following but they were pretty much silenced as Dan dismantled him and he looked defeated from early on.  

Nolls predicted he'd stop him but it was quite emphatic in the way he was so calm and collected, picked his shots and never looked uncomfortable....which considering the occasion and size of the event was remarkable.

Don't know him that well as he's Nolly's mate, but met him briefly before and a lovely bloke and was in the newsshopper recently doing his bit for kids in Catford and seems a good guy.  Really hope his performance last night raises his profile and fanbase as a local lad and got loads of potential.  

Defo the performance of the night for me even if i;m bias.
  • Options
    One thing i don't understand is the WBC making Whyte 'interim' champion.

How can you make someone interim champion when the champion is active and has his next fight scheduled?
  • Options

Have seen Dan fight 3 times now mate. First time was at Brentwood (when I saw you at Lewis's fight) which he won comfortably and then at York Hall a few months back against an awkward and aggressive African opponent which he came through well.  But last night was a different level and he seems to be on an upward trajectory.

His opponent Duffield had a huge, loud following but they were pretty much silenced as Dan dismantled him and he looked defeated from early on.  

Nolls predicted he'd stop him but it was quite emphatic in the way he was so calm and collected, picked his shots and never looked uncomfortable....which considering the occasion and size of the event was remarkable.

Don't know him that well as he's Nolly's mate, but met him briefly before and a lovely bloke and was in the newsshopper recently doing his bit for kids in Catford and seems a good guy.  Really hope his performance last night raises his profile and fanbase as a local lad and got loads of potential.  

Defo the performance of the night for me even if i;m bias.
    I text Nolly straight after the bell saying how good that was

that was something  I’d expect to see after 15-20 fights it was a polished and accomplished, the punch choice was really impressive and then the timing - movement just clicked giving the whole performance just faultless , now I am sure his team will find some bits they want to improve on but I reckon it would be real hard to find fault. 

Going to be a fine journey  for that young man and one where If he keeps doing that then he will be a firm fan favorite 

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I thought Whyte did enough to win, Rivas is a very decent boxer and I think Whyte deserves credit for how he fought. I agree with @RodneyCharltonTrotta the judge who had it so wide needs his glimmers checking. It was a close fight.

I watched the Dan Azeez fight this morning with the Pacquiao and Thurman fight afterwards and the questions over Pacquiao and the legitimacy of how he has that level of stamina are valid.

Thurman is one of the most underrated world class boxers around and I was pretty surprised how easily Pacquiao dealt with him. 

Anyway, I only knew who Azeez is from Nolly and his facebook page and he looked brilliant last night 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    I thought Whyte did enough to win, Rivas is a very decent boxer and I think Whyte deserves credit for how he fought. I agree with @RodneyCharltonTrotta the judge who had it so wide needs his glimmers checking. It was a close fight.

I watched the Dan Azeez fight this morning with the Pacquiao and Thurman fight afterwards and the questions over Pacquiao and the legitimacy of how he has that level of stamina are valid.

Thurman is one of the most underrated world class boxers around and I was pretty surprised how easily Pacquiao dealt with him. 

Anyway, I only knew who Azeez is from Nolly and his facebook page and he looked brilliant last night 
    The no drug testing before the fight probably led to it being so easy 

Pac-Man is a juice head 100%
  • Options
    Apparently Whyte failed a UKAD drug test before the Rivas fight but was allowed to fight by the British board.
    No mention of him failing any VADA test though (which he was enrolled with).

VADA is seen as the gold standard in boxing. 

Nothing will happen until the B sample is tested. And likely an appeal will take place too
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Hearn has previously been pretty clear that any boxer found guilty of a drugs offence should be banned for life, and was very vocal when Miller failed one before the Joshua fight.

Yet he knew about Whyte's failed test but the fight still went ahead.

Then after the fight, he was banging on about how Whyte needs to get his title shot by May next year, all the while knowing that he would be banned. Has anyone ever known someone fail their A sample, but then pass the B sample?
  • Options
    Apparently Whyte failed a UKAD drug test before the Rivas fight but was allowed to fight by the British board.
    No mention of him failing any VADA test though (which he was enrolled with).

VADA is seen as the gold standard in boxing. 

Nothing will happen until the B sample is tested. And likely an appeal will take place 

got legs this something extremely suspect going on here , Eddie’s tweet is strange 

Whytes silence tells you he is worried 

second time for Whyte this 
  • Options
    Hearn's tweet saying he was cleared to fight is skirting around the issue surely?

Yes he was cleared to fight, but surely that's only because technically they can't do anything until the B sample is tested. Legally he's innocent until the B sample also comes back positive.

It certainly doesn't mean he was cleared to fight because there is no truth in it.
  • Options
    Hearn's tweet saying he was cleared to fight is skirting around the issue surely?

Yes he was cleared to fight, but surely that's only because technically they can't do anything until the B sample is tested. Legally he's innocent until the B sample also comes back positive.

It certainly doesn't mean he was cleared to fight because there is no truth in it.
    Hearns tweet confirms it for me 

this leaves a lot of people in a difficult PR situation 

A good pal of mine was the most vocal against miller but a huge pal and fan of Whyte was very vocal in the press and on tv slating Miller will have to do the same now 

I have heard it’s more than 1 substance found 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    And to think Eddie the $$$$ knew on July 17th yet still put the show on with PPV buys to coin it in 

it needs to be time called on matchroom and sky there has to be someone accountable for this alongside Dillion 

the wbc wouldn’t have sanctioned 

sky should give the money back 

wbc should take the opportunity away 

matchroom and sky are on the brink so here’s one for conspiracy theorists 

Adam smith Gave Eddie an ultimatum last month over the AJ rematch 

eddie has promised DAZN that he will put the rematch on there 

sky want it at Cardiff and have told Eddie that it’s about time he repaid their loyalty to his brand 

eddie is screwed to the wall by both parties 

Andy Ruiz has said He now won’t fight in UK as it will be a stitch up 

eddie has a get out of jail card 

now Dillion did you have a drink at Hearn towers recently 😎

• Options
    Lomo vs smith now up for presale, only £105 tickets atm though
  • Options
    RIP Maxim Dadashev - very sad.
  • Options
    Got some £70 tickets for lomo Smith on presale. Probably won't be able to see anything, but will be a decent might out
  • Options
    Hearing bad bad things about this Whyte news 

this will be horrendous for the game Eddie and bbboc if the news is all true 

but this is from people heavily involved in game 
  • Options
    Just been told he has failed on 3 sets of banned or peds 
  • Options
    If it's true, what a bloody idiot. Talk about throwing it away
  • Options
    Injunction signed off this morning to limit reporting of Dillian Whyte failure of 3 different banned or performance enhancing drugs in A sample reporting not allowed u til B sample has been tested 

Eddie knew
    sky knew
    BBBOC knew 

What a disgrace 

So what happens next?
  • Options
    Injunction signed off this morning to limit reporting of Dillian Whyte failure of 3 different banned or performance enhancing drugs in A sample reporting not allowed u til B sample has been tested 

Eddie knew
    sky knew
    BBBOC knew 

What a disgrace 

So what happens next?
    Roland releases a statement stating that the club will be harder to sell, because this latest scandal has resulted in more Championship clubs being for sale than ever before and buyers are less likely to invest in this market due to the potential damage of such scandals on their reputation.