Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bents agent

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Bents agent was on Radio Kent this morning saying that 3 big clubs have already been in for him and if someone was willing to treble his wages he would be silly not to leave. This is fair enough for the service he has given us, and unlike when Parker went we are not in the middle of trying to get into Europe.

But what upset me is McClaren has already been on the phone saying he must play in the Premiership next year to get in the England squad.

Firstly what must of happened when he was top English goal scorer last year and second best this year in the Premiership but still never given a real chance with England, did they just forget to pick him?

Also what league did Nugent play in this year when he got the call?

I think Bent would give us one more year if it wasn't for tw*ts like McClaren.

We was the only country in the World Cup not to take our countries highest top flight scorer, so what would change from that season to next season for Bent if he was in the Premiership?

The top men in English football are a joke.

Comments

• Options
    Newcastle, Spurs and who then? Villa?
  • Options
    i don't think Bent is too bothered what McClaren thinks to be honest.

If a big club comes in with the right price for him, he will go, and it will suit all three parties.
  • Options
    He will go so we might as well get used to it. If he wants to win things, earn more money and play regularly for England then he will leave. Fair enough it'd be nice if he gave us one more year but then what? Even if we went back up as champions, he'd still not be furthering his career would he? And then if we sold him next summer people would say, i can't believe he's going now we're back in the premier league.
    He's a great player, gave his all, and scored goals in a crap side. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Newcastle, Spurs and who then? Villa?

Liverpool, West ham?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Liverpool, West ham?
    I think Liverpool wont happen for the plain reason that with the money they now have and Rafa's preference for Spanish players they will get Torres or David Villa. But who knows?

West Ham maybe but i just can't see it happening for some reason, dunno why!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i don't think Bent is too bothered what McClaren thinks to be honest.

If a big club comes in with the right price for him, he will go, and it will suit all three parties.

I hope not after the way he's treated him, Mclaren is a c*nt. Fact.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Liverpool, West ham?

Can't see Spurs coming in for him. They've got Berbatov, Keane, and DeFoe who all better than Bent, IMO.
  • Options
    i know everyone has been quite mature about the relegation, and trying to emphasise the positives.....

....but i think it will be the day we see Darren being paraded on Sky Sports News holding up another team's kit, when it will really start to kick in...
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Didn't McClaren pick Johnson when he was still at Palace, or was Eriksson still in charge then?
  • Options
    I would not worry too much about McLaren, he'll be out of a job within a year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally i think he'll go to west ham. Curbs is obviously a big admirer, they'll have the money and if they stay up i can see west ham spending big and challenging for Europe next season
  • Options
    It was that other fool Sven the same man that I think picked Michael Ricketts and Alan Thompson.

Newcastle fans don't know what they are wishing for do they?
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't mind him going to West Ham (but would HE go there), as long as they pony up 15 million plus of spamheads money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i know everyone has been quite mature about the relegation, and trying to emphasise the positives.....

....but i think it will be the day we see Darren being paraded on Sky Sports News holding up another team's kit, when it will really start to kick in...

Amen to that...I suppose there's a little bit of all of us that is thinking that Dazza might just stay. I'm gonna do the same as I did last season post-Curbs, just let things pan out and not get too involved, it's less stressful that way!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Yeah, I don't mind him going to West Ham (but would HE go there), as long as they pony up 15 million plus of spamheads money.

Why wouldn't he? A team on the up, that will go from strength to strength, plus he could get 50k a week, knows the manager already, can stay in london.
  • Options
    I cant see him going anywhere where they do squad rotation.I think he'll want to be the main man as he was (is!) with us,playing week in week out.My head says he'll be over the water wearing claret and blue next season.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Johnson was considered when in the Championship. Anyway Bent has too many in front of him to get a game for England, even when he was top scorer..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I'm pretty sure Johnson was considered when in the Championship. Anyway Bent has too many in front of him to get a game for England, even when he was top scorer..

Johnson was stand by player for the world cup wasn't he whilst a Palace player.

Mclaren is a class 1 **** coming out with that comment when he has picked Nugent.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    this england career that bent has got and maclaren wants him to maintain by being the premiership next season...can somebody remind me how many caps he has so far under maclaren ?...if he goes ,so be it, he gave us two seasons and we all knew sooner or later he would attract the attention of a club that buys players like him for their squads...but there's the reason he should consider staying...does he want to warm the bench somewhere else while a couple of blokes with vowels on the end of their names keep him out of the team or does he want to bang in 30+ goals in the championship and grab the headlines every week...and as for the england career, bench warmer or regular goalscorer ?, somehow, i think the media will soon put maclaren right if he makes the wrong choice...
  • Options
    i agree with chris from sidcup. i think he will go to west ham with pardew choosing player(s) who he knows will do a job in the ccc, to come to us. (mullins, harewood, konch etc)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Personally i think he'll go to west ham. Curbs is obviously a big admirer, they'll have the money and if they stay up i can see west ham spending big and challenging for Europe next season
    No they won't, Curbs first objective will be to "secure Premiership safety" ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]i agree with chris from sidcup. i think he will go to west ham with pardew choosing player(s) who he knows will do a job in the ccc, to come to us. (mullins, harewood, konch etc)
    Good point about Konchesky but i doubt he'll come back after the abuse we have given him this year!
  • Options
    Well, its a tricky one for Bent if West Ham DO come in for him because this could be his "big" move so he needs to make sure he gets it right.

Of course the Spammers are on the up (providing they stay up) but he will have to think long and hard because they are not ever going to break into the big four so he will want to see if any of that lot come knocking on the door before he signs anything.

Basically, if you are not playing for Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or the Arse then you ain't playing in the starting England XI anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]...does he want to warm the bench somewhere else while a couple of blokes with vowels on the end of their names keep him out of the team or does he want to bang in 30+ goals in the championship and grab the headlines every week...

And that is just the kind of theory that gives us saddos false hope. Totally irresponsible - stop it now I say.
  • Options
    If West Ham offer £11m, plus Harewood, Mullins and Konch, then that'll do very nicely thank you. Otherwise, do a joint deal with someone with Luke Young involved, and piss about with the deal so that Ipswich get stiched up a goodun
  • Options
    if relegation isn't bad enough we have to listen to that c**t coax our pride & glory away so he can sit on the england bench for another few years. i didn't think it could get any worse after erikksson.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]If West Ham offer £11m, plus Harewood, Mullins and Konch, then that'll do very nicely thank you. Otherwise, do a joint deal with someone with Luke Young involved, and piss about with the deal so that Ipswich get stiched up a goodun[/quote]

Yes, but its the wages Rothko. All those three are on Premiership wages which would be tough to match and they will all probably attract interest from other Prem clubs too.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Well, its a tricky one for Bent if West Ham DO come in for him because this could be his "big" move so he needs to make sure he gets it right.

Of course the Spammers are on the up (providing they stay up) but he will have to think long and hard because they are not ever going to break into the big four so he will want to see if any of that lot come knocking on the door before he signs anything.

Basically, if you are not playing for Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or the Arse then you ain't playing in the starting England XI anyway.[/quote]

This is a big move for Bent and having played for 2 medium sized clubs he and his agent will be looking to move to a perceived big club. Ideally he would like one of the big 4 but more realistically it is going to be Newcastle, Spurs, Villa or WHU. Whether that helps him football wise long term remains to be seen.

[
  • Options
    Did Harewood or Mullins sign new deals last season?

You offer them a deal where they go back to the old wages if we go up, performance related pay. If someone comes in for them then good for them, but I doubt it, especially Harewood
  • Options
    Newcastle (Owen, Martins), Spurs (Berbatov, Keane, Defoe), Liverpool (Bellamy, Kuyt, Crouch).

Anywhere other than Villa or West Ham wouldn't make sense.