Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Viva Las Vegas

124»

Comments

• Options
    I’ve been 13 times in the last 13 years, love the place 

- if your budget cant stretch to it then I would use these guys for a helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon that actually lands in the Canyon. They are the only company that has permission from the Native Americans to land in the Canyon (other companies land next to the Canyon). Did it got my wife’s 30th a couple of years ago and it was an amazing experience:
    https://www.sundancehelicopters.com/tours/grand-canyon-helicopter-tour  (there’s a specific tour that lands in the Canyon, make sure you book that one)

- if there are any specific restaurants you want to go to, book them now (trip advisor is your friend here)

- if you want to go to a nightclub on a weekend night then, as a group of 5 guys, you’re going to have to pay. The Jack Colton website can help you find the right club promoter who will sort you out a table which will be your only way into the super clubs from Thursday - Sunday nights, expect to pay around $300-$400 each for a table with a couple of bottles of spirits + mixers (extra for red bull) and tax + tips (which are always 20% minimum in clubs)

- in many respects Fremont Street is better than the Strip, but it’s almost as expensive now. The Bunkhouse is good for live music, there’s a Mexican restaurant just up from there (back towards the Fremont Street Experience) that is amazing. 

- one of the coolest things I’ve done in recent years was horse riding our in the desert at the red rock canyon. No idea if that’s your thing, shooting guns isn’t really mines! 

Enjoy!!
  • Options
    I will definitely agree on the horse riding in the Red Rock Canyon. I did it from Bonnie Springs ranch and you get a great breakfast chucked in. The Yard House by the Linq is worth a visit. About 180 beers all on tap. Seen a number of the Cirque shows and they are all excellent. I'm there in September and going to book Murray the Magician, which is supposed to be good. All I would say there is no way you can have a bad time whatever you do. Greatest place on earth!
  • Options
    oh and @Bigfatpete theres a rollercoaster at new york new york connected to the hotel thats worth a go.
    Previous advice, ignore if you are 6foot or near as its just a waste of money because its so uncomfortable. Both me and my mate he is 6'1, me around 6 regretted it. 
  • Options
    oh and @Bigfatpete theres a rollercoaster at new york new york connected to the hotel thats worth a go.
    Previous advice, ignore if you are 6foot or near as its just a waste of money because its so uncomfortable. Both me and my mate he is 6'1, me around 6 regretted it. 
    Horses for courses I guess, but I'm 6ft, I stayed in New York New York, and went on the rollercoaster everyday. Had no issues with comfort (as comfortable as a rollercoaster can be!), and it was also great fun. As I say though, all very subjective. 
  • Options
    Horses for courses I guess, but I'm 6ft, I stayed in New York New York, and went on the rollercoaster everyday. Had no issues with comfort (as comfortable as a rollercoaster can be!), and it was also great fun. As I say though, all very subjective. 
    Yep thats fair mate, just me and my mate really thought it was waste of money. This is coming from someone who loves a trip to Thorpe park/ Alton Towers, at least there is generally no queue as a bonus :wink:
  • Options
    Don't drink Bud Light, as someone suggested. If you like beer then look up some of the microbreweries. A bit off the strip, Ellis Island Brewery does dollar pints during football games, though you may be off-season. Best value in Vegas. There are a couple of brewpubs downtown.
    Of course if you like Bud Light then please feel free to drink it (:
    Bud light with lime was nice, dont drink bud light :) 

Also Guinness is good in the irish pub in New York. 
  • Options
    Don't drink Bud Light, as someone suggested. If you like beer then look up some of the microbreweries. A bit off the strip, Ellis Island Brewery does dollar pints during football games, though you may be off-season. Best value in Vegas. There are a couple of brewpubs downtown.
    Of course if you like Bud Light then please feel free to drink it (:
    Bud light with lime was nice, dont drink bud light :) 

Also Guinness is good in the irish pub in New York. 
    Oh God, Bud Light Lime is horrendous, like they found a way to make Bud Light any worse and thought “let’s go for it!”
  • Options
    I will definitely agree on the horse riding in the Red Rock Canyon. I did it from Bonnie Springs ranch and you get a great breakfast chucked in. The Yard House by the Linq is worth a visit. About 180 beers all on tap. Seen a number of the Cirque shows and they are all excellent. I'm there in September and going to book Murray the Magician, which is supposed to be good. All I would say there is no way you can have a bad time whatever you do. Greatest place on earth!
    Greatest place on earth??

What I will say is...you will always meet Brits and Irish out there. Our kind have a bit of a thing for it.

I enjoyed it in bits. I gave a vague recommendation. 

I hardly gambled.

I also thought, in a way, vegas is..absolutely f*cking terrible. Really not my cup of tea. Also very very expensive...for not really the valued experience you would expect.

Mafia all over the place.

You may also genuinely, no word of a lie...smell human feaces within gambling areas every now and again. I don't mean the toilets. I mean by a machine or roulette table or whatever.

Addicted gamblers actually wear nappies!!!

That is no joke.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

What I will say is...you will always meet Brits and Irish out there. Our kind have a bit of a thing for it.

I hardly gambled.

I also thought, in a way, vegas is..absolutely f*cking terrible. Really not my cup of tea. Also very very expensive...for not really the valued experience you would expect.

You may also genuinely, no word of a lie...smell human feaces within gambling areas every now and again. I don't mean the toilets. I mean by a machine or roulette table or whatever.

That is no joke.

I would agree to an extent.

I usually go to Vegas for boxing - arrive Thursday, depart Sunday or Monday. A bit of poker, some nice meals, too much alcohol .... and the boxing.

Last year I went for a week with a bunch of mates (and with the missus in tow!) and the boxing was cancelled (Canelo ban). Spent a fair bit of time around the pool with Mrs M and we might as well have been in Spain. I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as a holiday.

Won't stop me going though.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Dave2l said:

I hardly gambled.

That is no joke.
    Surely it depends on the person, eg. for me it would be the greatest place on the earth. Slight exaggeration but for someone who loves gambling/ drinking / nightlife this is the place to go, although i am sure there are other places just as good. 

I agree Vegas is very expensive, but its kind of expected. You can do it on a budget (i did the first time), but its so much better when you dont really have to. 

Cant remember seeing any Mafia anywhere?? 

Any place with people who drink and stay in the same place for a long period there is always going to be a question of hygiene, personally didn't really notice it being that bad.  The Aircon should keep fresh but can only do so much..

Nappies? where did you go, i can imagine it but never heard of it before! 

I do think your comments are slightly OTT but each to their own i suppose.

5 weeks today! We are looking to go to a Friends musical which looks like it has good reviews,  I am a massive friends fan so hopefully that will be good.  

PS- How long ago did you go? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been before but going again with @cafc4life in October. Safe to say we're buzzing. Six nights at MGM Grand, could be absolute curtains for the mortgage.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I hardly gambled.

That is no joke.
    Surely it depends on the person, eg. for me it would be the greatest place on the earth. Slight exaggeration but for someone who loves gambling/ drinking / nightlife this is the place to go, although i am sure there are other places just as good. 

I agree Vegas is very expensive, but its kind of expected. You can do it on a budget (i did the first time), but its so much better when you dont really have to. 

Any place with people who drink and stay in the same place for a long period there is always going to be a question of hygiene, personally didn't really notice it being that bad.  The Aircon should keep fresh but can only do so much..

5 weeks today! We are looking to go to a Friends musical which looks like it has good reviews,  I am a massive friends fan so hopefully that will be good.  

Have to say my recollection is more in line with Johnny's. Certainly didn't notice any overtly obvious 'Mafia' people nor have the misfortune of encountering anyone who soiled themselves while gambling. Hopefully missing the two aforementioned things will not be the extent of my luck when I'm out there or I'll be bang in trouble.
  • Options
    Been five times now (not going this year). Didn't think I'd like the place but have to admit it's amazing. Not a gambler but we usually hire a car for a couple of days. We've visited Red Rock Canyon, Valley (or Canyon) of Fire, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon and a few other places. If you want a cheap and filling breakfast try Dennies, think there are three of them in town. Outback or Gilly's good for steaks. Guinness in New York New York excellent. Most of the American beers are just frozen water but there are a few micro beers that are worth trying. ENJOY. There really is no place like it on the planet.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I hardly gambled.

That is no joke.

I was out in Vegas...just by myself. It kind of lessened the experience. If I was with friends on an organized stag do or something...then by all means, it would of course have been better!

I feel it does kind of prey on the weak though ...just a little bit. 

I met met a lot of bad people! Not just a dodgy Italian. I was in danger. Had to stay stubborn and stand up for myself. Even though I knew I was taking a bit of a risk by doing so.

So, based on that. It was just a different experience for me.

You can definitely have a lot of fun in Vegas!

I personally just felt...sleaze, plus other stuff, plus showing off, plus....surprisingly, a crazy Donald Trump supporting taxi driver. It left a bad taste for me.

If going with a group and everything is organised....I would definitely recommend it.
  • Options
    rina said:
    Dave2l said:
    I shall be in Vegas at end of March for 5 days, to celebrate mine & others 50th birthdays.

We've booked Grand Canyon helicopter tour, Golden Knights v The Wild (NHL), gun range and zip wire ride down Fremont St. Plan on going to Sin City & Banger brewery bars. Possibly Wet Republic pool party!

Any other suggestions please? 5 fellas going leaving wives at home!
    1. Hooters

2. indoor gun range. Something like $60 to shoot 4 different pistols + revolver. It's about a 10 mins taxi ride from the McDonald's.

Can't remember what it's actually called. All I know is, the lady behind the desk has a lot of tattooes.

If you want to do that kind of thing, you should be able to find it 👍

who on earth measures distances in vegas by how long the cab ride is from mcdonalds?
    Considering I am an earthling.

The answer to the question is - Me
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    rina said:
    Dave2l said:
    I shall be in Vegas at end of March for 5 days, to celebrate mine & others 50th birthdays.

We've booked Grand Canyon helicopter tour, Golden Knights v The Wild (NHL), gun range and zip wire ride down Fremont St. Plan on going to Sin City & Banger brewery bars. Possibly Wet Republic pool party!

1. Hooters

2. indoor gun range. Something like $60 to shoot 4 different pistols + revolver. It's about a 10 mins taxi ride from the McDonald's.

Can't remember what it's actually called. All I know is, the lady behind the desk has a lot of tattooes.

who on earth measures distances in vegas by how long the cab ride is from mcdonalds?

which mcdonald's?
  • Options
    The one in Vegas. 
  • Options
    rina said:
    Dave2l said:
    rina said:
    Dave2l said:

1. Hooters

which mcdonald's?
    It's on a little road...next to a sushi bar. Opposite big beautiful hotel with mostly really nice cars outside!

I know behind it....there's a fence.

It is near the bridge
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is also the gun club on that ad.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:

I hardly gambled.

That is no joke.

I was out in Vegas...just by myself. It kind of lessened the experience. If I was with friends on an organized stag do or something...then by all means, it would of course have been better!

I feel it does kind of prey on the weak though ...just a little bit. 

I met met a lot of bad people! Not just a dodgy Italian. I was in danger. Had to stay stubborn and stand up for myself. Even though I knew I was taking a bit of a risk by doing so.

So, based on that. It was just a different experience for me.

You can definitely have a lot of fun in Vegas!

I personally just felt...sleaze, plus other stuff, plus showing off, plus....surprisingly, a crazy Donald Trump supporting taxi driver. It left a bad taste for me.

If going with a group and everything is organised....I would definitely recommend it.
    Really sorry to hear what happened, how long ago was this? Care to say anymore? obviously if its a bad experience and you dont want to thats fine...

My mate went on his own (the one who is coming with me) he loved it on his own still and will be spending Thursday- Monday this time on his own, although i will try to get him involved if i can and i am still rooming with him.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    rina said:
    Dave2l said:
    rina said:
    Dave2l said:

1. Hooters

which mcdonald's?
    It's on a little road...next to a sushi bar. Opposite big beautiful hotel with mostly really nice cars outside!

I know behind it....there's a fence.

It is near the bridge
    yep, got it

we're going to the arizona hot springs near the hoover dam next month. about a 45 min drive from the mcdonalds