Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Little Leaving

Comments

• Options

Keohane.

no surprise there
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Keohane.

no surprise there
    Oh you Googled it an all then, glad I weren't the only one
  • Options
    edited March 2016

stonemuse said:

Keohane.

no surprise there
    Oh you Googled it an all then, glad I weren't the only one
    He's the COO. The chap I implied may have been involved a few posts in.

He's a funny guy because his name is similar to a testicle and he may or may not have a perfectly spherical head.

In all seriousness though, there's a decent discussion about him in the Fans Forum thread. He was promoted to COO from dealing with catering and now has the reputation of a bit of a bully boy.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

garfield said:

What did he do?
    I'm sure he can be replaced..

Of course he can be replaced, however as someone who still works in the business I can assure you he is massively well respected within the industry.
    His knowledge, particularly of The Valley and CAFC supporters is vast - trust me he will be very difficult to replace adequately.

Over many years John and his team have delivered a fantastic service to CAFC, I am sorry to hear that he has resigned, the club will be a poorer place without him.

I know that lol

I do think people are reading into some of the stories coming out of the club a little bit too much.

I'm not having a dig at John, I once knew him quite well, but I do think that this is a non story. He's working till the end of the season, so I can't see that he was pushed, or that he's jumped for any other reason than 18 years is enough.

Is this his full time job? Or is he still in the fire service?
    I know him quite well now and you're mistaken. He's seeing the season out because he's a professional, unlike the people above him.
    Here we go again.....If there's more to it why don't people just fucking say it.

I think I speak for many when I say I have had enough of "I know something you don't know"

What do you want Airman to say? That Keohone is a bully and impossible to work for?

Even if he did you'd say "well, he's a nice bloke and gave my company a contract to work on the Training Ground so I'll stick up for him"

Who would have to walk away for you and Big Rob to say "Oh, maybe there is a problem with people management at the Valley"
    I was sure I remembered that correctly, makes a lot of posts much clearer now.
  • Options

iaitch said:

What are all these safety issues?

Strange question ?
    Pitch invasion which do, or don't happen.
    Will happen when we are 100% down.
    Flares being thrown plus coins outside West strand.
    Only one cracked window so far.

John Little wants to get out because
    he bright enough to know it's going to get so much worse.
    Who would want to be the stadium safety officer when all that is going on,
    When for 18 years you have had a good rapport with the supporters.
    As shown by his statement.
    All these safety issues are caused by the fans then?

It's his job to address those issues but instead he resigns because it's getting a little tough.

• Options

Swisdom said:

garfield said:

What did he do?

Of course he can be replaced, however as someone who still works in the business I can assure you he is massively well respected within the industry.
    His knowledge, particularly of The Valley and CAFC supporters is vast - trust me he will be very difficult to replace adequately.

Over many years John and his team have delivered a fantastic service to CAFC, I am sorry to hear that he has resigned, the club will be a poorer place without him.

I know that lol

I do think people are reading into some of the stories coming out of the club a little bit too much.

I'm not having a dig at John, I once knew him quite well, but I do think that this is a non story. He's working till the end of the season, so I can't see that he was pushed, or that he's jumped for any other reason than 18 years is enough.

I know him quite well now and you're mistaken. He's seeing the season out because he's a professional, unlike the people above him.
    Here we go again.....If there's more to it why don't people just fucking say it.

I think I speak for many when I say I have had enough of "I know something you don't know"

What do you want Airman to say? That Keohone is a bully and impossible to work for?

Even if he did you'd say "well, he's a nice bloke and gave my company a contract to work on the Training Ground so I'll stick up for him"

Who would have to walk away for you and Big Rob to say "Oh, maybe there is a problem with people management at the Valley"
    Who's running the museum these days?
    Charlton fans run it independently of the club which is why its been such as success ; - )
    Is there any safety issues, coz the best safety officer on planet earth is available come the summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016

Swisdom said:

garfield said:

What did he do?

I know that lol

Who's running the museum these days?
    Charlton fans run it independently of the club which is why its been such as success ; - )

Just don't mention the criminal activity - money laundering etc
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

iaitch said:

iaitch said:

What are all these safety issues?

Strange question ?
    Pitch invasion which do, or don't happen.
    Will happen when we are 100% down.
    Flares being thrown plus coins outside West strand.
    Only one cracked window so far.

John Little wants to get out because
    he bright enough to know it's going to get so much worse.
    Who would want to be the stadium safety officer when all that is going on,
    When for 18 years you have had a good rapport with the supporters.
    As shown by his statement.
    All these safety issues are caused by the fans then?

It's his job to address those issues but instead he resigns because it's getting a little tough.

Really?!

He's done pretty well for 18 years hasn't he? I don't recall any major safety issues.

He's now reporting to someone suspected of being a bully. He's now having to deal with the fall out of fans protesting and getting more and more bold due to decisions beyond his pay scale.

Despite this he still feels an affiliation with the fans.

He deserves respect and a thankyou for the 18-incident-free years he was doing his job. Perhaps even some respect for the backbone of walking away and not continuing to dismantle the shitstorm caused by upper management.
    exactly how I see it
  • Options
    All the best to him in the future. He won't be the first and he won't be the last to leave whilst Roland Rant and Pinocchio are at the helm.

James Reed is going to be a busy man over the next few months
  • Options

Swisdom said:

garfield said:

What did he do?

I know that lol

Not that it's anyone's business but we've not even discussed money with them. We are advising them because we have a ton of experience and want whats best for the club. Of course we won't work for free but money isn't a driver in my refusal to bash this club every 30 seconds.

I'm bored of it all. Everywhere I look relating to Charlton. It's as though it is incomprehensible that anything good can possibly happen to the club. (And before someone twists this I am not saying John Little's departure is good news)

When I asked for Airman to elaborate it was because Tony Keohane's name hadn't been mentioned.

• Options

Apart from the training ground, which imo, is the most important part of RDs player farm puzzle, what other positive things are happening at the club? I honestly can't think of anything.

KM is a sort?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

garfield said:

What did he do?

I know that lol

You'd blab a private conversation all over the internet? Good friend.
    No, I'd run to a newspaper and show a bit of leg but not reveal much else.

I didn't give it to the SLP, although Rich mentioned it to me after he was told by someone else. There's nothing much to say beyond the fact that significant staff at the club regard the regime as just as mad as the fans do, if not more, based on their direct experience of working with them. John has always been professional. He's not someone who has run stories to me or anyone else, or would do, but he is one of those people concerned about the way it is being run.

It's not a question of being "in the know" but of addressing your specific point about it being a non-story. A key member of the staff is leaving because the club is poorly led and that is recognised by experienced individuals inside the club as well as outside it. That matters, because the the club's narrative is that the fans are mistaken about that.
    I get all that - but the article itself doesn't do or say anything of note. That's all I was saying.

It's sad that he feels he cannot continue in his role (if that's the case) - I don't really get why TK would get involved with something that's worked just fine and dandy for 18 years to the extent that the present incumbent feels the only option is to leave. Strikes me as weird - unless maybe he's of an age that he just doesn't want the hassle or has a better offer.

• Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

garfield said:

What did he do?

I know that lol

I didn't give it to the SLP, although Rich mentioned it to me after he was told by someone else. There's nothing much to say beyond the fact that significant staff at the club regard the regime as just as mad as the fans do, if not more, based on their direct experience of working with them. John has always been professional. He's not someone who has run stories to me or anyone else, or would do, but he is one of those people concerned about the way it is being run.

It's not a question of being "in the know" but of addressing your specific point about it being a non-story. A key member of the staff is leaving because the club is poorly led and that is recognised by experienced individuals inside the club as well as outside it. That matters, because the the club's narrative is that the fans are mistaken about that.
    If only eh.......
  • Options
    Next home game, all dress up as Robin Hood or little John singing...... There's only one John little......

Ok..... I'll get my coat
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

garfield said:

What did he do?

I know that lol

I don't really get why TK would get involved with something that's worked just fine and dandy for 18 years to the extent that the present incumbent feels the only option is to leave.

That is exactly why this isnt a non story, surely?
    It may well be a story - but whats written tells you nothing. The vast majority of fans will see it and say "oh, shame. I never knew him"

If there's a story - and it's genuinely for the reasons mentioned then I don't understand why, right now, it isn't made into something more and shouted from the hills.
  • Options
    possibly more so that his job has got a fecking load more difficult re the protests and maybe now not worth the wedge he was getting and or the whole thing putting him in a shit position