Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chef Wendy v Charlton | Sat 19 Mar | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Can you amend the original post. We played Boro on Sunday and not Saturday. 1-1 draw for this one.
  • As long as we dont play Johnson, Sarr, Makienok, Reza. I'll feel more confident.

We seem to bit of a bogey side for the MASSIVE, failed to beat us in last 6 meetings they have been outstanding at home this season though.

1-1 Draw

• http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-jose-sheffield-wednesday-3014060.aspx#FTXw5mrMJKX43CJT.99

Looks like Jackson is back for this match... Would still have him starting from the bench or go with this...

Pope
    Motta .. Fanni .. Teixeira .. Fox
    Gudmundsson .. Cousins .. Diarra .. Jackson .. Young
    Harriott
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-jose-sheffield-wednesday-3014060.aspx#FTXw5mrMJKX43CJT.99

Looks like Jackson is back for this match... Would still have him starting from the bench or go with this...

Pope
    Motta .. Fanni .. Teixeira .. Fox
    Gudmundsson .. Cousins .. Diarra .. Jackson .. Young
    Harriott
    That's not going to work, Harry's not got the guile, ball-holding ability or eye for a run behind the centre-backs to lead the line on his own.
  • edited March 2016
    I guess though you might have Gudmundsson or Jackson sitting slightly behind him though.

I hate to say it but he pretty much led the line on his own against Middlesbrough as there wasnt much link up play with Ademola.

Also allows us to keep it tight away from home and try to nick a goal (Concentrate on winning the home games and not losing the away ones), if not though I'd see Jackson maybe replacing Diarra who is only slowly coming back from injury himself.
  • Knife edge - wouldn't like to predict.
  • Fancy a 1-1 to prolong the agony for us glass half-full types
  • PWR and being lazy, will Chef Wendy will have tickets on the door?
  • 1-0 win

#LETSGOCHAMP
    #LETSGOCHAMP
    #LETSGOCHAMP
  • Could this be when we close the gap a little more? Wednesday will really up for this one with a big crowd and if we concede first it could get messy. 3-0 to Sheff Weds and back to the League One travel maps we go.
  • Sponsored links:

• PWR and being lazy, will Chef Wendy will have tickets on the door?

Yes they will
  • Need to play lookman, ffs

Is everyone deliberately ignoring how good he is, or what?

If we weren't a basket case of a club with all kinds of background nonsense going on, he'd be starting every week.
  • Nooo... Lookman is good but he's not that good yet, against Middlesbrough he was pretty much invisible.

He's got a lot to learn and reckon if he joins a Premier League club even this summer he'll go the same way as John Bostock
  • I like Lookman but particularly as a 60 minute sub. Maybe whole second half. He's still very young and tiny.
  • I like Lookman but particularly as a 60 minute sub. Maybe whole second half. He's still very young and tiny.

Yup, better as impact player
  • 2-0 home win

I'll be taking my nephew and as he's close to being a Wendy fan, will be in the home end. It looks like we'll be right in front of the away fans. So if you see an attractive young man in a pink polo shirt, please go easy on me.

Are we still on for the pitch invasion at 46 minutes in memory of the number of days worked by Mel Baroni?
  • The plan is for you to go first from the home end and we will follow.
  • Up for this today.... Come on You REDS don't let us down.
  • IA said:

2-0 home win

I'll be taking my nephew and as he's close to being a Wendy fan, will be in the home end. It looks like we'll be right in front of the away fans. So if you see an attractive young man in a pink polo shirt, please go easy on me.

Are we still on for the pitch invasion at 46 minutes in memory of the number of days worked by Mel Baroni?

Yep, if you see a geezer diving over you from behind, that's me.

I'll see you in about 9 hours.
  • Lookman and Harriot upfront to keep the ball on the ground so we can retain possession when it goes forward and not come straight back at us...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    Carlisle may be the ground where we get promoted from League 1
    (or old third division)
    But Championship wise, Hillsborough was the Pivotal game 2 years ago.
    when after being 2-0 down in 8 minutes and going Down;
    Marvin Sordell, became a reincarnation of Super Clive, and the great escape was on.
    I went last season to the first game in the championship (with nothing to play for)which meant the polar opposite to that, two teams playing for 12th or 13th.
    Top of the Bottom or bottom of the top.

Now yet again, The Result does matter not only to the Mid week Team,
    But CAFC as well unless you are in the camp that believes RD will Sell up the moment we hit League 1.( the offers would be so low)

Charlton to stay up and Duchatelet to go would be the Best win double of the Season.

Very unlikely i know.
  • Anyone know if I can get tickets at the ground?
  • I'm going to this. We've conceded more and more goals each time I've been away this season. 0-3 at Boro, 0-4 at Burnley and 0-6 at Hull. On that basis I fancy a 7-0 for Wednesday.
  • stonemuse said:

I like Lookman but particularly as a 60 minute sub. Maybe whole second half. He's still very young and tiny.

Yup, better as impact player
    As long as it's more than 8 minutes. (Lookman)

Yes you can...

Yes, definitely.

I think it's pay on the gate, same price as the tickets were (£20?)
  • 3-0 Weds. Katrien celebrates by going dogging with Semedo.

Not again snide. She only uses public transport.
  • How many tickets sold for this? Haven't heard anything about this game. Wonder how the free travel offer has worked out for this.
  • E-cafc said:

How many tickets sold for this? Haven't heard anything about this game. Wonder how the free travel offer has worked out for this.

You'd sold 515 by Thursday afternoon.