Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chef Wendy v Charlton | Sat 19 Mar | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Pope
    Motta … Fanni … Teixeira … Fox
    Gudmundsson … Cousins … Diarra … Young
    Lookman… Harriott

Substitutes Bench:
    Mitov
    Lennon
    Johnson
    Bergdich
    Poyet
    Makienok
    Ghoochannejhad

Prediction
    Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Charlton Athletic

Why change a winning team?
  • Comfortable away win 4_0.

You are so nearly right this week ?

4-0 to the Home side.
  • Bad timing for Sanago's suspension, as with a lack of midweek games and the international break, he'll have no games until the 5th April, a 4 week gap after his red card! In a busy period, his suspension could gave been over within a couple of weeks.

Looking at the lineups for our win in November, we had Bauer and Sarr as CBs, Ba and Jackson in midfield, while Moussa came off the bench...

Up front Mak and Reza played well for for us, I'd considering playing either in place of Lookman, who may do more damage if he comes on with 20 to go
  • You never know we could have Patrick Bauer back after the International Break.... lol!
  • You never know we could have Patrick Bauer back after the International Break.... lol!

We don't need him back that urgently at the moment as we seem to be well covered at CB now. It's Kashi (out for the season) and Igor that might make the difference

We don't need him back that urgently at the moment as we seem to be well covered at CB now. It's Kashi (out for the season) and Igor that might make the difference
    Yeah but if something happens we still have to rely on RoJo as backup defender...

Yeah but if something happens we still have to rely on RoJo as backup defender...
    Naby?
  • Dazzler21 said:

You never know we could have Patrick Bauer back after the International Break.... lol!

Naby?
    Doesnt make the bench though I guess we have Lennon as well though
  • Tight affair with us possibly sneaking it. Looking forward to this one, going to Manc derby the next day too !! :wink:

COYRS''
  • Spanish said:

Tight affair with us possibly sneaking it. Looking forward to this one, going to Manc derby the next day too !! :wink:

COYRS''

Plastic!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• The optimism will be smacked right out of us 2-0 Wednesday

Me and the 31 year man are going to this. Roland yet to tell me if he's going on the coach with the fans
  • Easy home win 3-0 maybe 3-1

Lennon is 3rd choice CB now. Indeed with 2 consecutive clean sheets our defence is looking more solid now
  • I will be there to unfortunately watch our good result v boro be forgotten with a comfortable defeat.

Love to be proved wrong...
  • Makienok will start just to mess with everyone.
  • Can I get tickets on the day for this?
  • Can I get tickets on the day for this?

If you've not been camped out in the Valley car park for the last three nights you stand no chance of a ticket
  • Down to earth with a bump.

1-4. Relegation all but confirmed.

Now let's remove the cancer from our great club once and for all.
  • We could sneak a victory somehow or it could be a landslide to Wendies. I'll optimistically predict 2-1 to Charlton. Callum and JBG special for us. Dive machine (Foresteri ) for them.
  • edited March 2016
    3-0 Wendies. I'll be there - designated driver
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-0 loss. Add one or two if Diarra isn't starting.
  • 3-0 Wendies. I'll be there - designated driver

Am I right in thinking you live in Australia? If so pop past mine and I'll grab a lift from you!
  • 2-0 to charlton
  • The day before the game. It's starting to feel real now, before today it was just something hypothetical. There's a nervousness that will build until kick-off, then it's the red button on BBC on the telly if I'm at home, or a sports website on the 'phone if I'm out, to keep an eye on how things are going. I'm dreading that sense of deflation should we go a goal or two down. All the time it's nil-nil I can hope. If we should go a goal up, that makes it worse in one sense, as there's the impending doom of them coming back into it.
  • Wednesday out for revenge after somehow losing to us at The Valley. That, plus the fact they can't play as badly as Boro and we are unlikely to have two successive good days (given current form) leaves me looking at a fairly routine defeat.
  • mogodon said:

Wednesday out for revenge after somehow losing to us at The Valley. That, plus the fact they can't play as badly as Boro and we are unlikely to have two successive good days (given current form) leaves me looking at a fairly routine defeat.

You mean the current form that has seen us pick up seven points in three games {...} whilst Little Chef have only won one of the last six?
  • 2-1 addicks, I think we may be on a small but significant run. Match thread from 2 pm.
  • 3-1 home win. Fans fault for wanting the club to be relegated.
  • Loving the "little chef" tag
  • 2-1 addicks, I think we may be on a small but significant run. Match thread from 2 pm.

Last time I was on a small but significant run I'd eaten some dodgy chicken...

2-1 the other way round, sadly.