Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What prompted the change in statement tone?

13»

Comments

• smiffyboy said:

I think personally due to Rolands wealth people around him all do as he says while cupping his balls in one hand and tiggaling his arse with the other, afraid of upsetting him or going against him. He is clearly used to everyone doing as they are told and after watching Sunday's game now can't handle the revolt and like a spoilt child has spat his dummy out at the fact people have turned against him and he's not calling the shots, he's lack of experience of this meant he doesn't know how to deal with it or respond appropriately.

Roland is in uncharted water and is sulking like a baby, scared and hurt.

I realise that being middle aged I am not in touch with the latest sexual practices. I have never, to my knowledge, had my arse tiggaled. Is this something I should encourage Mr Tatters to do? If yes then what is the best way to ask him?
    I think this is time for the inbox!
    Ah go on with you @ElfsborgAddick! I can't be alone in wanting tips on how to request arse tiggaling.
  • I'm just wondering if it involves a stuffed tiger at any point.
  • aliwibble said:

I'm just wondering if it involves a stuffed tiger at any point.

I think we've found the elusive "Dixon Cider":

• edited March 2016
    Mackle said:

LuckyReds said:

Mackle said:

LuckyReds said:

When you think about it – Katrien would have cleared the original statement as CEO – probably written by Mel. So it can only be Roland – which is what has been reported. Katrien, probably realised that this message was not helpful but he is a deluded mad fool and anybody that doesn’t see the urgency of getting him out – surely does now. If Katrien resigned over this, she would gain some respect back from me.

She's getting sod all out of being CEO of this club
    A shitload of money surely?

And invitations to appear at events in Dublin expenses paid, interviews with Parisian newspapers expenses paid, sit in the directors box and have the top level of hospitality at every football game FOC, etc etc.

I'd happily take being smuggled around in a wicker laundry bin in and out of vans for that last one.
    I'd quite like to see her salary, because if other salaries in the club are anything to go by - i.e Head of Comms - I reckon she may not be getting such an amazing deal. Perhaps good enough for someone with her lack of reputation and experience, but in the future her name as a brand will have all sorts of negative connotations; and as you mention with her conference and news appearances - I think Katrien wants her name to mean something and have some credibility behind it.

As a fan we'd all probably jump at the chance to do her work for the same salaries we earn at the moment, but hot air aside - does she have any more connection with the club now compared to when she most likely first heard about the club in 2014?
    As she's said that she doesn't care about the pre-Roland history, I would guess not - unless you count antipathy towards the fan base as a connection?
    Sadly, I think that's the only connection she's got. It's such a shame, she was rather endearing at the beginning - when she was seen getting in to the matches - it almost looked like she too could become a fan.

Perhaps this statement just signified her own final realisation of that fact - no one likes her and no one wants her here. There's nothing here for her and no leverage for winning anyone over, so screw them - tell them bluntly that they need to cut it out and that they're not fans anymore - they're just causing disorder.
  • smiffyboy said:

I think personally due to Rolands wealth people around him all do as he says while cupping his balls in one hand and tiggaling his arse with the other, afraid of upsetting him or going against him. He is clearly used to everyone doing as they are told and after watching Sunday's game now can't handle the revolt and like a spoilt child has spat his dummy out at the fact people have turned against him and he's not calling the shots, he's lack of experience of this meant he doesn't know how to deal with it or respond appropriately.

I realise that being middle aged I am not in touch with the latest sexual practices. I have never, to my knowledge, had my arse tiggaled. Is this something I should encourage Mr Tatters to do? If yes then what is the best way to ask him?
    Ah go on with you @ElfsborgAddick! I can't be alone in wanting tips on how to request arse tiggaling.
    I do not want any tiggaling of my bottom, whatever it is!
  • smiffyboy said:

I wonder should I try this line, just to see if it's yet another offer a girl can refuse.....
  • WTF is tiggaling? Do you mean tickling?
  • I'm guessing...

Sunday's was the work of the Comms team aimed at getting a public message out through media channels, and possibly a signal to the Football League that the club are looking to resolve these things.

Last nights was the doing of someone overriding the advise of the comms team and insisting their message gets put out. I suspect in the end the comms team said fair enough, if that's what you insist, so put it out probably knowing how unpolished, unprofessional and contradictory to its earlier message.

Exactly this IMHO

They bought the wrong club
    Does any one know why they didn't buy Corinthian Casuals ?