Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Bonkers Statement from Club - the infamous {...} one

Comments

• Options

Not fair to drag the corner flag into this.

How's it not fair? It just stood there on Sunday, how many beach balls or customers did it stop from getting on the pitch?
  • Options
    I too have used the new fans email to tell the club their site has been hacked.
  • Options
    Blimey this just gets more bizarre. It must be fake but if not they are in meltdown.
  • Options
    It hasn't been tweeted by the club twitter yet either.

If it is a hack - could they have also prevented anyone from changing it?

I really really hope that this is a hack, as if it's not, they're more stupid, malicious and dangerous then we could ever had imagined.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Check the source code of the statement and you will see it is fake.

On the contrary, line breaks (<br>) as opposed to paragraph (<p></p>) elements to me would suggest it was hastily copied and pasted from some form of plain text... like perhaps an email or a .txt file. Adds some plausibility - but I'll look at another page and compare to see if anything else is missing.

-- Edit:

Or not - the CMS is a pile of shit and has no concept of paragraphs and uses line breaks all over the place.
    Probably just copied and pasted from Microsoft Word.

Picks up a load of HTML formatting
  • Options
    I genuinely can't believe that's real, if it was a spoof I think the club would have deleted it by now!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Beach balls every game. Clearly the only way. And whistles. Eventually the FA will have to step in but pretty much no way of stopping these unless searching every fan on the way in or playing games behind closed doors. Either way it's a sure fire guarantee to hack off those who are still not boycotting or don't understand why we are protesting and hopefully they will stop coming until RD goes.

I agree. Every game needs to be disrupted from now until the end of the season.

Then we need to work out some ideas for maintaining protests throughout the summer.

He's cracking.
  • Options

There's also something on the website about season tickets, showing date posted 9 May 2016.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-201617-season-tickets-on-sale-3002389.aspx

and something else dated 18 March 2016.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-valley-away-free-coach-travel-sheffield-wednesday-2982453.aspx

Dunno about source code, but I get the feeling someone's been on the sauce...

That was happening a few months ago too, announcements about the window for half season tickets being extended was available before the window was even meant to close.. by a few weeks.
  • Options

Not fair to drag the corner flag into this.

How's it not fair? It just stood there on Sunday, how many beach balls or customers did it stop from getting on the pitch?
    But you have to admire the way it managed the pitch invasion, staying there peacefully throughout the game...
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Well who ever posted it didn't do it as per the format of EVERY other piece of writing in the whole website lol

It sticks out like a sore thumb. Anyone who knows web design will tell you when they look at the source code.

Don't even need to look at the source code, just need to look at the writing and heading formats as have been pointed out already. I thought for Sure RD had gotten an account to the upload system itself, but Louis has indicated it was uploaded by a third party.
  • Options
    They have hacked the admin account lol

Classic Cafc locked out there own website :)

Definitely hack they used the article about the fans email as a template
  • Options
    Can we get CARD to pop up a little twitter poll , to go with their new hashtag #HaveYouMetRoly
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    olster said:

It hasn't been tweeted by the club twitter yet either.

If it is a hack - could they have also prevented anyone from changing it?

I really really hope that this is a hack, as if it's not, they're more stupid, malicious and dangerous then we could ever had imagined.

But neither have they tweeted any form of denial or explanation - sometimes silence speaks more loudly than words.

And I just accessed it on my mobile and first of all got an ad for an Easter Egg - can a hacker do that?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must get this trending on Twitter

Pick a time #RolysLostIt
  • Options

I genuinely can't believe that's real, if it was a spoof I think the club would have deleted it by now!

Depends.If they're as quick as the stewards at nipping things in the bud it could be there for some time

• Options
    That 100% isn't a hack, check the IP address its come from..
  • Options
    Another possible explanation is say katrien decided to post it and her staff refused so she done it her self which would explain the lack of web design knowledge involved.

Unlikely though :)

• Options
    Is there a way of finding out for absolute sure whether this is a spoof or not?
  • Options
    Not even April 1st!
  • Options
    I'd go with the theory that the "statement" is a copy & paste job from Meire. I wonder what the new Comms team make of it all.
  • Options
    If this is true, surely Mel Baroni has a case for constructive dismissal?
    Totally bonkers....
    And if it isn't true, why no denial? Even if the OS is hacked, they could deny it over twitter.