Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Bonkers Statement from Club - the infamous {...} one

Comments

• Options
    I really hope it's real. Really, really hope.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

It is FAKE go to news - latest - scroll down the format of the statement is wrong..

100% hack

Every other news story has heading then preview this one doesn't.

Yeah, it has no blurb on the sidebar... but it looks like it was posted in anger.

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Well who ever posted it didn't do it as per the format of EVERY other piece of writing in the whole website lol

It sticks out like a sore thumb. Anyone who knows web design will tell you when they look at the source code.

Well maybe that is to show that the person who posted did not want to be associated with it?

• Options
    edited March 2016

It's been on the OS for an hour. Surely they would have reacted by now if it were a hack?

Regarding the language/ grammar, I studied Dutch and worked for a couple of years in the Netherlands. We called it Dunglish – the arrogance of people who don’t think they need a native speaker to check their writing in a foreign language. You even saw it on major signs and advertisements. I can spot it a mile off. Pretty convinced this is either RD or KM, or most likely a combination.

Aren't they Walloons though? Like native French speakers?

I'm just splitting hairs though - if our Louis says it genuine, I'm inclined to believe him.
  • Options

Astonishing stuff. Let's just take this statement: "in recent weeks Roland Duchatelet has met the fans".

Simple question: who were they then?

He met a mannequin in the museum and had a interesting conversation for 10 minutes.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I now feel like I've stared insanity in the face and it blew me a kiss

I've always wondered what was the difference between a French kiss and a Belgian kiss .

• Options

You have to ask, what the hell is the so called Head of Communications doing????

What she is told to.
    I'd agree, actually feel sorry for her, the penny has probably just dropped what she's walked into.
  • Options

It's been on the OS for an hour. Surely they would have reacted by now if it were a hack?

Regarding the language/ grammar, I studied Dutch and worked for a couple of years in the Netherlands. We called it Dunglish – the arrogance of people who don’t think they need a native speaker to check their writing in a foreign language. You even saw it on major signs and advertisements. I can spot it a mile off. Pretty convinced this is either RD or KM, or most likely a combination.

No, I've heard KM speaking Flemish/ Dutch on the phone to RD - that is her first language, though RD's may be French, I'm not sure.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The other really badly written thing about the 'resignation letter' was done really badly like this also.
  • Options
    They just don't get it do they. We want them out because they are useless, clueless, pathetic and arrogant. It is personal and yes it is hatred.

I am not worried for my personal safety though.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Astonishing stuff. Let's just take this statement: "in recent weeks Roland Duchatelet has met the fans".

Simple question: who were they then?

He met a mannequin in the museum and had a interesting conversation for 10 minutes.
    Hopefully he left it in the Boardroom and took Meire home with him.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Well who ever posted it didn't do it as per the format of EVERY other piece of writing in the whole website lol

It sticks out like a sore thumb. Anyone who knows web design will tell you when they look at the source code.

It does look suspect, but I can't believe that it wouldn't have been taken down by now. My thinking is that Roland has demanded it is put up immediately, normal web guys not working as it was 9 o'clock and the only people working were comms guys at the U21 game with little web experience?
  • Options
    Has to be fake......
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Check the source code of the statement and you will see it is fake.

On the contrary, line breaks (<br>) as opposed to paragraph (<p></p>) elements to me would suggest it was hastily copied and pasted from some form of plain text... like perhaps an email or a .txt file. Adds some plausibility - but I'll look at another page and compare to see if anything else is missing.

-- Edit:

Or not - the CMS is a pile of shit and has no concept of paragraphs and uses line breaks all over the place.

There's no header element, which is where the summary usually is - not even an empty one. Although that could just be an artefact of a decent defensive approach to writing the templating (checking a value exists before trying to output it).

Interestingly though, there's no author element either - unless every author is expected to input that themselves? If that's the case, it would suggest that there's no relationship between a post and it's creator... which is pretty lol if it's your last day and you want to plot some revenge.
  • Options
    What is all this source code that's been mentioned?
    I am fecked here, I want it to be true, yet I want it to be hacked and not real in equal measure.
  • Options
    It's brilliant how some of the people reporting/commenting on this obviously weren't aware of the Dublin comments previously, and because of the dodgy formatting are confused and thinking that it's Roland who's comparing fans to cinema-goers and he's now getting grief for it too.

You really couldn't make this up.

(unless it ends up being a hack after all, in which case, yes you can)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    This blew my mind. Wow. It's like one of those emails you write and think better of, so you delete it. Edit: I'm leaning toward fake until I hear otherwise. It's so badly written.
  • Options

No, I've heard KM speaking Flemish/ Dutch on the phone to RD - that is her first language, though RD's may be French, I'm not sure.

Really?

The more you know {...} as they say.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    admin password would have been changed to stop anyone taking it down :)
  • Options
    I reckon KM published this whilst holed up in her posh Kensington pad on her fifth bottle of Vodka. It's the only valid explanation I can offer at this stage.