Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA open investigation - according to the Standard

13»

Comments

• Does anyone have any further evidence that this FA investigation is taking place? All the stories at the time seem to have been derived from that one article in the Standard. I can't find anything about it on the official FA site - not sure if I should expect to - or any other authoritative source, for that matter. Obviously, the Standard is not exactly authoritative, but was this article perhaps merely wrong, or an attempt to stir up trouble?
  • I suppose they could claim that the Carlisle pitch invasion was the first warning though...?

Isn't that Carlisle's problem? Were Charlton warned about their fans at a away game?
    Nope... We warned the Carlisle security that a pitch invasion could happen and that the gate where we ran on to the pitch was a potential place where the fans could get on to the pitch but they ignored our advice.

The FA then warned Charlton as a Football Club and that allowing a future pitch invasion could see us get charged.

Like you say, they completely ignored the fact that it was an away game so Charlton had no control over it

http://origin-www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2765802,00.html

Although the club will not be punished as a result of the incident, Charlton have been warned that further action will be taken should any similar incident occur in the future.
    On an off-topic note; how much nicer did our website look 4 years ago?!
  • CatAddick said:

I do not agree that the FA will not deduct points.

If it was just the beach balls then fine, but the whistle blowing did stop Middlesbro' making an attempt on goal and one of the people who encroached on the pitch did try and approach the players. Add to this the amount of publicity that our protests are managing and the possibility that KM will try privately to influence the FA towards a points deduction, she can then blame us for relegation.

You have to look at precedent though. They can't just make it up as they go along. Ultimately the game was delayed by three and a half minutes and Middlesbrough made no complaint. It would be vastly disproportionate to deduct points. Expect a warning and a suspended fine.
    This IS the FA!! They'll probably deem the invasion investigation as frivolous and double the sanctions
    Fixed it for you
  • MrLargo said:

Odd comment from someone called Penzac underneath:

I wish these fans all the very best, but is it not amazing that people protest over an issue as minor as this and do nothing as our NHS is torn asunder by the Tories.

Clearly not been past Lewisham Hospital recently.

Penzac is clearly a leftie bell end
    Better than being a Tory bell-end :)
    a contradiction in terms surely?
    Yeah silly mistake. Get back to your academy. Should of said better than being a blue b'stard.
    No, not a contradiction in terms, a tautology.
  • sarge1g said:

Have just sent the following email to the Evening Standard................Good Evening,

I refer you to an article in your "newspaper" penned by Giuseppe Muro which made reference to the protests made by a very large part of the crowd at the Valley during Sundays match against Middlesbrough. In this article you decided to include the Charlton Athletic response to the protest but not that of the protest organizers (CARD - Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet) to their response. So in fairness I have included it here so that you are able to give a better and more balanced report on this matter.

CARD has noted the statement issued by the club. We wish to remind everyone that the Charlton management refused to meet disaffected supporters in both March 2014 and February 2015 despite specific requests from the Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust and others to engage in a constructive dialogue.

Promises to improve communication were made at a video-recorded meeting in October last year and repeated by chairman Richard Murray in January. However, by mid-March these promises are still substantially unfulfilled and appear to be understood by the management as an opportunity for them to repeat the same superficial and flawed analysis, more loudly, more slowly and more clearly.

We believe that supporters have fully understood the "unique offer" for the club's future expounded by chief executive Katrien Meire in Dublin last October and by owner Roland Duchatelet in February, and that they reject it.

Taking all the above into account, CARD therefore views any statement from the club’s failing management making vague promises of future improvement with considerable scepticism.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that as a London orientated publication that appears to focus primarily on London Premier League teams that there are many other Football League clubs in London who you ought to be giving coverage of, not just the elite. I hope you chose to show the other side to this ongoing dispute in a bid to give editorial balance to the article by Mr G Muro.

Sorry, bit late to this but just to say Giuseppe's behind most of the critical articles that the Standard have carried both in print and online. I have little time for this rag's sports reporting but on this issue they are carrying both sides.