Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell at the Valley on Sunday

13»

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Working for Sky on our game and the game before ours.

Presume he will be in the Sky box in the East Stand.

Welcome home gaffer.

Welcome home gaffer.

And here lays the problem
    Why? Not why this is the problem. But why do you perist with the utter nonsense?
    Mental health issues.
  • Rob7Lee said:

I really don't understand sometimes the negative comments about SCP.

I'd take 11 Chris Powell's on the pitch everyday of the week, in fact I'd also take one in the dugout and one on the board (preferably as owner).

Whatever you thought of him as manager in the end, he did a fantastic job of getting us out of League 1 with a record points score. A 24ct Diamond of a man who despite begin a Spurs fan (we all have our faults) if you cut him in half it would definitely say Charlton. Imagine if he'd have stayed and been given £9m to spend, I can tell you now we'd be nowhere near the bottom of the Championship.

To me you look at the list of players by appearance, he's around number 30, there aren't many above who were MORE committed or MORE professional than SCP, he had a connection with us the fans that the likes of the next 5 managers, RD/KM couldn't even understand, most of the current players come to that.

Look at our complaints this year, lack of effort, desire, will, poor performances...... when did any of that ever apply to SCP as a player, never, I could count on one hand the times he had a bad game, even that is a little unfair as he was so consistent him having a bad game was 99% of players 'average'.

I still live in hope that when this debacle that is The Roland Show finally comes to an end he comes back in some capacity as we will, without doubt, need people who understand what Charlton was to get us back there.

I warn you now if I win the Euromillions and over 100m I will be buying the club and I will be reinstating him!

Back on topic....

What are we singing at 3 minutes then??

He is everything that Duchatelet and squirrel face are not.

However, the sacking was inevitable whether we like it or not.
  • Brilliant, Stig.
  • Be good if he wears a Pinocchio outfit.
  • It must be killing Chris to see he worked so hard to get us out of league one to see this numpty taking us back there, criminal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still my favourite Charlton player....
  • He's wearing a black tie bless him.
  • colin1961 said:

Welcome home gaffer.

Welcome home gaffer.

Why? Not why this is the problem. But why do you perist with the utter nonsense?
    Mental health issues.
    No, people with mental health problems (like little old bipolar me) are nice folk. Colin is just a WUM.

And for making me get on my mental health soapbox @ElfsborgAddick you owe me a large dry white wine in the Royal Oak tomorrow :wink:
    Make that 3-4 I owe you!

Only just read this post.
  • colin1961 said:

Welcome home gaffer.

Welcome home gaffer.

Mental health issues.
    No, people with mental health problems (like little old bipolar me) are nice folk. Colin is just a WUM.

And for making me get on my mental health soapbox @ElfsborgAddick you owe me a large dry white wine in the Royal Oak tomorrow :wink:
    Make that 3-4 I owe you!

Only just read this post.
    First the 'I haven't got enough money to buy you one', now the classic 'I've only just read this post'. I make that 5
  • SCP waved at me as I walked out on 74 mins. Gave him a big thumbs up as he was looking out of the Sky box and he waved back.

SCP, Scott Minto, Curbs. All Charlton legends and memories of great times sadly destroyed by Belgian invaders.