Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How far will we fall ?

Watching last nights game I was so dejected by total lack of skill in our side that I really am now fearful for our future.
When we start next year in Division 1 who will still be with us? I expect only Pope,Fox,Solly,Texiera,Lennon,Bauer in defence, midfield Jackson,Cousins,Harriott,Bergditch, forwards, ?????????
What a mess we find ourselves in,Diarra,Gudmunsson,Lookman,Kashi,Watt,I assume will be sold or let go due to wages, replaced by a bunch of journeymen from Europe and any other gaps filled by Academy Players.
But who will join our Academy when we are a First Division side,wouldn't you want your kids to go to a bigger club in a better league, even bloody Gillingham and Millwall will be in Championship,Palace in Premier League, Ebbsfleet closing gap and Bromley and Dover too,what a shambles.
The campaign to get these people out of our club and into hands of real owners,with real ambition has to escalate or the club will die,don't buy season tickets,don't sponsor club,starve them of income and maybe just maybe,they will decide losing £7 to £10mn a year is just not worth it.
I am an optimist at heart,but I would have to be 100% deluded to think we can survive with Makienok up front and Poyet and Cousins in midfield who rarely cross the halfway line to support the forwards.
The trap door is open, the question is where is the bottom of the pit we are staring into?

Comments

• I don't think anyone can answer that question but I share your fear and sense of doom. That said some great awayers in L2!!
  • We've been in League One before and we were still able to attract the kids to the club...?
  • Wouldn't be surprised if Diarra retires. He's out of contract and very injury prone now for a midfield role.

Lookman, Vetokele, Watt and Gudmonsson may well be sold to finance the cost of relegation.

Not sure whether Henderson would attract too many bids as he hasn't been that great this season and is very injury prone.

Kashi would have to prove his fitness before anyone would buy him. Let's hope he does get fit and can play for us until at least January.
  • Scary question. Given some of the dross we have seen (and I'm not even talking about our lot), this is one of the poorest quality Championship leagues for years. And we are at the bottom of it.

There are some hungry teams in the third tier and they will take no prisoners. Certainly any blow ins from the continent will get a seeing to. The club is at such a low ebb and the incompetence of the Belgium clique so embedded, it seems at the moment that the only direction for us sadly, is down.
  • Watching last nights game I was so dejected by total lack of skill in our side that I really am now fearful for our future.
    When we start next year in Division 1 who will still be with us? I expect only Pope,Fox,Solly,Texiera,Lennon,Bauer in defence, midfield Jackson,Cousins,Harriott,Bergditch, forwards, ?????????
    What a mess we find ourselves in,Diarra,Gudmunsson,Lookman,Kashi,Watt,I assume will be sold or let go due to wages, replaced by a bunch of journeymen from Europe and any other gaps filled by Academy Players.
    But who will join our Academy when we are a First Division side,wouldn't you want your kids to go to a bigger club in a better league, even bloody Gillingham and Millwall will be in Championship,Palace in Premier League, Ebbsfleet closing gap and Bromley and Dover too,what a shambles.
    The campaign to get these people out of our club and into hands of real owners,with real ambition has to escalate or the club will die,don't buy season tickets,don't sponsor club,starve them of income and maybe just maybe,they will decide losing £7 to £10mn a year is just not worth it.
    I am an optimist at heart,but I would have to be 100% deluded to think we can survive with Makienok up front and Poyet and Cousins in midfield who rarely cross the halfway line to support the forwards.
    The trap door is open, the question is where is the bottom of the pit we are staring into?

I think we'll also lose those in bold above. Sorry!
  • Am really concerned that if the board don't get it exactly right next season we will fall straight through the League 1 trapdoor. We need a manager and players who understand the nature of the league and what's required to compete in League 1. I am not even thinking of coming straight back up because I think that's well beyond us.

We need to be realistic and realise that the owner is not going to sell up this summer. We need Riga gone and a manager put in place who knows English football. We have some good young players but we need experience too. I dread to think what the standard of players coming in will be especially if they are from second or third division Belgian clubs. We could find ourselves in real trouble right from the start of the season.

All we can do is wait and see what happens during the summer and pre-season.
  • Pope Mitov
    Solly Teixeira Bauer Sarr Lennon Fox Bergdich Obileye Holmes-Dennis
    Cousins Jackson Ba Kashi Charles-Cook Kennedy Muldoon
    KAG Vetokele Umerah

Henderson, Dmitrovic, Diarra, Motta, Fanni, Harriott, Reza, Lookman, JBG, Makienok, Sanogo, Watt, Pigott, Yun and Poyet all leave for various reasons.

• My answer to the original question would be L2. By then Roland will decide that we are all too stupid to successfully carry out his Master Plan, and sell up. As long as Roland owns our club we are heading south.
  • My eyes are hurting from the commas....
  • Sponsored links:

• League 2 and groundsharing with Orient.
  • Under this regime we are straight through to League Two and financial crisis.

Unless Roland does a 180, sacks Katrien, gets an experienced English manager takes a much more hands off approach etc etc ( just seen a squadron of low flying pigs loop the loop!).

Before any of this happens however get ready to be blamed. This whole mess is of course all our fault!
  • Club are in a total mess and will be amazed if we achieve a mid-table league 1 spot next season.
  • Next season mid table league one. That is I think what we have to look forward to for the foreseeable future. I don't see another relegation. I don't see any hope either.
  • edited March 2016
    I would not say we are in the bracket of "how the mighty have fallen" but it's a f****** disgrace to think where we were 10 years ago, both on and off the pitch.

In two years the Belgians have destroyed the club.
  • edited March 2016
    Think we will see a poor mid table season in leauge one, next year. With overpaid players, large ground small crowds hitting our budget, badly, followed by relegation to leauge 2 in 2017-18 season.

Unless of course the C..NT that is RD Fucks off !
  • Definitely in a scrap to avoid another relegation to League 2.

Under this ownership there aren't any lessons learnt, simply an economy of scale in place.

In League 1 it'll be less JBG, Bauer and Kashi and more Nego, Thuram and PP type signings.

The freefall will continue to spiral just as it did under Murray until something gives being RD sells up or changes his ways. I expect our lowest ever league finish in the club's history next season.
  • edited March 2016
    Think we will mirror Bradford circa 2000 and be relegated to league 2.
  • SCEFL with a trip to The Homelands and the plastic pitch at Ashford Utd (nee Town!) on the cards!!!!
  • Unless the current regime do one, I really can see us falling straight through the trap door in to division 4. I dread to think what standard of player Roly is going to ship to us once he has cashed in on the vast majority of this seasons squad. Lets face it, the current crop of players we have would have struggled in league one let alone a team of replacement regime rejects that we are guaranteed to have next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• We got beat by a shocking Colchester side. League 2 will be fine. Havnt been to York.
  • vffvff
    edited March 2016
    Under Parkinson, there was no money and Charlton were getting relegated from the championship. Parkinson was building a team and way of playing that lead to 6 wins at the start of the league one the following season. There is no preparation this season, apart from preparation to close parts of the ground and sell off any half decent player at the club. It will be a team based around the Under 21 team with a few old stagers and typical useless network, budget euro players who will find League One a shock.

The result is likely to be the lowest finish in Charlton's history and knocking on the door of League 2. Sub 5,000 crowds. The football failure Duchatelet will not take off his blinkers despite the evidence. Murray will continue to disbelieve the evidence of his eyes.
  • edited March 2016

Unless the current regime do one, I really can see us falling straight through the trap door in to division 4. I dread to think what standard of player Roly is going to ship to us once he has cashed in on the vast majority of this seasons squad. Lets face it, the current crop of players we have would have struggled in league one let alone a team of replacement regime rejects that we are guaranteed to have next season.

Oh no the nightmeire of all nightmeires. I'm a bit out of touch with those still on the network payroll, don't tell me we could end up with the likes of Nego, Thuram, Anil Kok and the such like for a second coming :open_mouth: .
  • South London Alliance League.
  • we are as a club riddled with Belgiumness and I can't see our decline stopping until they all piss off.

L2 within 2 seasons.
  • Even if the people upstairs were good it would be harder to get considering how we smashed LEAGUE 1 last time under SCP.
  • I genuinely Think we will suffer double relegation.
  • If they have underestimated the championship they are in for a real shock in League One, the team last night was not good enough to stave off another relegation.
  • I was in a bar the other night and saw a Grimsby fan going mental when his team scored in the Vanarama league game playing on the telly box and it made me wonder in a few years time, we might be lucky enough to be that team losing to Grimsby on telly on a Friday night.

Of course most of you will call me an unrealistic dreamer but I feel we could use some optimism right now.