Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite other team?

124»

Comments

• Options

C'mon Big Bad World, let us know your favourite other team.

Palarse
  • Options
    After a holiday in Atlanta where my daughter and her husband live (until June at least) I keep my eye on Atlanta Utd results.

They were set up by the owner of the Atlanta Falcons (Arthur Blank), and only started in the MLS in 2017. By December 2015, the supporters of the proposed MLS team had already pledged to purchase more than 29,000 season tickets. When we went for a walk around Cabbagetown and Reynoldstown (trendy burbs), every other lawn seemed to have an estate agent type board up saying 'Founding member of Atlanta United'.

'Arthur Blank stated that fans would be involved in choosing the name, logo and "a colour scheme that'll work with the red and black with a little bit of gold mixed in" (the colours used by the Falcons when they launched in 1966).

'Atlanta lost their first regular season MLS game 2–1 to New York Red Bulls at Bobby Dodd Stadium with 55,297 in attendance. Yamil Asad scored the first goal in club history.[19] A week later, the team registered their first win on the road with a 6–1 away defeat of fellow expansion team Minnesota United FC.[20] Atlanta United registered their first win at home on March 18, 2017 against Chicago Fire, who were down to ten men in the eleventh minute, with a 4–0 final score in front of a sold-out Bobby Dodd Stadium. Following their move to Mercedes–Benz Stadium, the team continued leading the league in attendance averaging more than 48,000 in their home matches, breaking attendance records in U.S. soccer history. In their first season, Atlanta clinched a berth in the playoffs finishing in fourth place. In their first playoff game, United faced Columbus Crew SC in front of an MLS playoff record of more than 67,000 spectators at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. After 120 minutes of scoreless action, the match was decided through penalties where Atlanta United were eliminated.'

Apparently their attendances average projection is for around 55 to 60 thousand next season (starts on 3rd March.

Proper football is really taking off in the States now I think.
  • Options
    Maidstone and Glasgow Rangers.

Keep an eye on Port Vale and Rochdale due to mates.

Always had a soft spot for Man City during their relative wilderness years in Div 2 when 30k would still watch them every week, plus I’ve always detested their more illustrious neighbours. That’s waining these days.
  • Options

C'mon Big Bad World, let us know your favourite other team.

I hear it is West Ham.
  • Options
    New Orleans Saints...
  • Options
    Welling Utd ... also look out for Norwich City's results.

In other sports:

Kent CCC
    West Coast Eagles
  • Options
    West Ham United
  • Options
    Soft spot for Sunderland, sad to see them following us down the leagues after that bit of shared history in better times