Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LISTEN: Riga after MK Dons.

2»

Comments

• So we now have another overseas manager who really when you look at their records don't have a clue. Time for KM to go, a BRITISH manager given the job, before we find ourselves staring at League 2.
  • I actually think Motta, Suk and Fanni are okay.

Riga totally fucked up tonight though at the last chance saloon
  • 2 games in 4 days.......and? Been happening for years you clueless twat!

Exactly, and funny enough happens to all the 23 other clubs

• A diabolical performance the players huffed and puffed no fucking guile or tactical nouse, the substitution of Harriot was bewildering it left the team totally exposed on their right hand side and it took Riga 15 minutes to realise the stupidity of his action and bring Bergditch (if that's how you spell his name) to balance the side. I wont, on this occasion berate the players they are simply either not up to perform at this level and are not coached/managed well enough to compete. We will be the Leyton Orient of Sarf London, a generation of fans bypassed with a club in a spiraling downward decline. I thought Riga just, just, might be able to stage a remarkable turnaround but I now think he got lucky last time. That initial substitution tonight was the mark of yet another man from the fucking regime who is totally out of his depth.
  • So ... We were clueless in the first half because it was our second game in four days ... Keeping a clean sheet was vital ... and Lookman did not come on earlier, or start, because he had just signed a new contract. Other than that, rambling bollocks by someone without a clue.
  • This was Riga chance and he blew it.
    Terrible team selection.
    he needed to start Lookman, Harriott and Yaya.
    Really fucked off.

• Don't understand how he took harriott off but left that big mak on didn't make any sense
  • When he did take big Mak off, he should have kept him on out of desperation! inept.
  • I can't believe that Riga is blaming having to play two games in four days when we were so many games in hand last time he was here we were doing that every single week. It wasn't too difficult for us then with whole-hearted and well drilled players. He kept pretty quiet about it then.
  • Haven't listened to the interview yet but reading through this thread, I wonder if Riga made a mistake by accepting Duchatelet's offer to come back? Is he good enough to manage in the Championship? Did he get lucky last time around? It's sad that to most people he's now become just another incompetent Belgian....
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven't listened to the interview yet but reading through this thread, I wonder if Riga made a mistake by accepting Duchatelet's offer to come back? Is he good enough to manage in the Championship? Did he get lucky last time around? It's sad that to most people he's now become just another incompetent Belgian....

A mistake for the club as a whole. No mistake for him.
    18 month contract when out of work is always a bit of a godsend I suspect.
  • Just more lies from Riga he's obviously been told NOT to play Lookman
  • not impressive
  • One thing that impressed me with Riga in his first spell was his willingness to change things as soon as they showed signs of not working rather than hope they improve. I have been watching football long enough to say that they rarely do. It is like this Riga is a different person this time. I’m trying to think why that could be? Is it the team around him? I would love to know why a manager can change his approach so fundamentaly!

The only thing I can think of is that he targeted the game as a must not lose one, rather than a must win one. Completely crazy if so.
  • One thing that impressed me with Riga in his first spell was his willingness to change things as soon as they showed signs of not working rather than hope they improve. I have been watching football long enough to say that they rarely do. It is like this Riga is a different person this time. I’m trying to think why that could be? Is it the team around him? I would love to know why a manager can change his approach so fundamentaly!

The only thing I can think of is that he targeted the game as a must not lose one, rather than a must win one. Completely crazy if so.

Or it could be that he was only given an 18 month contract on the understanding he picked the players he was told to.

Or it could be that he was only given an 18 month contract on the understanding he picked the players he was told to.
    Yes, but he wouldn't have been told to play Big Mak on his own up front - I don't think we can give him that to hide behind.
  • JR has had half a dozen opportunities to leave Rolands Ego Trip and he keeps "coming back" its because he never actually leaves !! he is Rolands man-----di ok in his first term here and like ALL the Belgian puppets gets found out pretty quickly
  • Worst I have heard him to be honest. I have, in the past thought he sounded quite knowledgeable and intelligent in his thoughts on the players and the matches but that interview said to me that he knows he is on his way, the players are NOT playing for him (for whatever reason) his enthusiasm has certainly dropped considerably.
    I think Sundays game could be the icing on the cake for 'Belgium Bollocks' even though Middlesbrough have hit a 'sticky' patch I think we could be in for an absolute BEATING!..........and more EMBARRASSMENT. At least it will highlight the plight of our great club!
  • edited March 2016
    Oh just fuck off Riga, it's all getting a bit boring now.

We're the only team to play 2 games in 4 days are we?
  • Sponsored links:

• Riga is not motivated enough to keep Charlton up this time round.
  • I am sort of glad that Riga's sainthood has been rescinded. I never really bought into the Jose Riga baby thing but I still would have liked to see him mastermind an escape.
  • I supported Riga last time, but as said above he doesn't seem the same this time.

Bizarre decisions last night and a bizarre, un intelligable interview.

Mind you he as good as admitted he's not allowed to play Lookman.

Is it any wonder the players aren't motivated when they know that one of the best/possibly the best player isn't allowed to play?