Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey

Where will Jon Jo go next season? can't see him staying at Newcastle if they go down.

Comments

• Options
    Great ball for the goal yesterday
  • Options
    One of the only players who cared, fully committed
  • Options
    Unfortunately I can see him at Palace.
  • Options
    West Ham most likely
  • Options

Unfortunately I can see him at Palace.

I thought he would leave Newcastle because he did not want to be relegate, so why go to Palace?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Wet Spam
  • Options
    Why go there in jan? They were bottom 3 then
  • Options
    Would West Ham or Palace want him?
  • Options

Would West Ham or Palace want him?

Palace would and if West Ham got into the Champions League they'd need to add players, so they might go for him. Or Newcastle could sell him to Sunderland!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His old man had a massive falling out with West Spam but money talks.
  • Options
    Somewhere like Bournemouth could be an excellent move for him.

Or Everton as backup to Barkley?
  • Options
    If he still has ambitions to play for England, he won't want to be back up to anybody.
  • Options

I could see Shelvey and Barkley playing well together but they're so different that they wouldn't really be in competition.
  • Options

I could see Shelvey and Barkley playing well together but they're so different that they wouldn't really be in competition.
    I guess you could see Shelvey taking the Gareth Barry / Tom Cleverley spot in that team... Be better if he could tackle
  • Options
    I see Shelvey as a playmaker with limited mobility where as Barkley is a player who's best position is further forward and who operates at a far higher tempo. Players like Barkley need the ball played into stride to be at their most effective which Shelvey does well. You're right that neither are defensive and they would be very exposed in a 442.
  • Options

If he still has ambitions to play for England, he won't want to be back up to anybody.

He's miles of England at the moment. The odd assist looks good on MOTD, but his overall play is nowhere near enough at the moment.

Why would West Ham want him, they're chasing a Top 4 spot? Sadly Palace is more his level

• Options

He's miles of England at the moment. The odd assist looks good on MOTD, but his overall play is nowhere near enough at the moment.

Why would West Ham want him, they're chasing a Top 4 spot? Sadly Palace is more his level

I wasn't saying he is good enough (or that he's not), rather that if HE thinks he wants to get in the England team he needs to be playing for a first team, not earning loads of dosh being on the bench. Of course, he may decide the money and the bench is the easier option.
  • Options

If they wanted to get rid of Cabaye he'd be ideal.
  • Options

I wonder if he had contact with Pardew at Charlton? I think he made his debut under Parky, but only 6 months after Pardew was sacked
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wonder if he had contact with Pardew at Charlton? I think he made his debut under Parky, but only 6 months after Pardew was sacked
    Pardew was manager when Shelvey made his debut.
  • Options
    Been told that shelveys money remains the same even if Newcastle are relegated. He is enjoying life and the friendliness of the locals. He's teamed up with rob Elliott and jack colbeck as they are about the only two that he can understand. So he's not moving anywhere.
  • Options
    IA said:

Was that the last game of our first season back in the Championship?
  • Options

IA said:

Ibelieve you're correct he tried a 35/40 yarder didn't he?
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Been told that shelveys money remains the same even if Newcastle are relegated. He is enjoying life and the friendliness of the locals. He's teamed up with rob Elliott and jack colbeck as they are about the only two that he can understand. So he's not moving anywhere.

Can @uncle verify?
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

I imagine he wouldn't have signed for them if there was a relegation clause?

P.S. shouldn't it be Elliott and Townsend, as Colback is a Geordie :smile:
  • Options

IA said:

Not the last game, but late that season. 26th April, away to Barnsley
  • Options

Disagree. He's been superb since his move to Newcastle. What other English player creates chances with one pass like he does, or hits accurate 60 yard passes? If he continues his current form he shouldn't be far off the England squad. Shame he's in such a poor Newcastle side.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Vincenzo said:

Disagree. He's been superb since his move to Newcastle. What other English player creates chances with one pass like he does, or hits accurate 60 yard passes? If he continues his current form he shouldn't be far off the England squad. Shame he's in such a poor Newcastle side.
    Agreed. Will definitely be on Roy's radar if he keeps playing like this.