Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

5th March 2016. Brentford v Charlton Athletic match thread.

1161718192022»

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Peter_G said:

still 7 points behind though?

Make that 8 with the goal difference. Three wins needed more than Franchise and Rotherham.
    We can do it can't we???
    It would be nice to say yes but just look at the run-in - after MK on Tuesday, home games agst Middlesbro, Brum, Derby, Brighton and Burnley - all in or near the play offs. Sadly, not going to happen.
  • edited March 2016
    Definitely just lost at least a year off my life. Great result. Been due a narrow win for a while. Sounds like we did very well to hold on in the last 20 minutes. Can't think of Pope making any sort of significant save in that time. Good start.
  • Peter_G said:

Make that 8 with the goal difference. Three wins needed more than Franchise and Rotherham.
    We can do it can't we???
    It would be nice to say yes but just look at the run-in - after MK on Tuesday, home games agst Middlesbro, Brum, Derby, Brighton and Sheff Wed - all in or near the play offs. Sadly, not going to happen.
    Always used to play better against the better teams....time will tell if it's still the case.
  • Are we playing tree at the back?

Maybe when we play Southend at Roots Hall?
  • Didn't against Nottingham forest.
  • edited March 2016
    Would you all leaf it be?
  • Great result, an important win when nothing less would do. Want to those the player mark thread asap.
  • Peter_G said:

We can do it can't we???
    It would be nice to say yes but just look at the run-in - after MK on Tuesday, home games agst Middlesbro, Brum, Derby, Brighton and Sheff Wed - all in or near the play offs. Sadly, not going to happen.
    Always used to play better against the better teams....time will tell if it's still the case.
    Chef Wendy is away isn't it? Brum, Derby and Brighton are winnable. Boro will be the hardest of those games. Burnley at home last game will also be tough.
  • Hope updates were ok...I'll be back on time on Tuesday....will get to bring you as much of the build up as I can.......Tuesday is out first cup final....win that and who knows what can happen!! COYR's
    Oh and so good to complete a winning match thread!!
  • Cheers for the commentry guys
  • Sponsored links:

• First time I've ever bet against my team! Lost a few quid but I don't care. Serves me right for not believing..
  • andyg90 said:

Peter_G said:

We can do it can't we???
    Chef Wendy is away isn't it? Brum, Derby and Brighton are winnable. Boro will be the hardest of those games. Burnley at home last game will also be tough.
    Can forget about getting three points against Middlesbrough and Burnley we never beat them
  • edited March 2016

First time I've ever bet against my team! Lost a few quid but I don't care. Serves me right for not believing..

Never bet on Charlton mate trust me :wink:
  • I bet my virtual tenner on a Charlton win at 4.8' yay!
  • Football is a funny game - need th eteam to develop in the right way. Unlikely but if we had not won today we were down. This has to be the start of the run - irrespective of the opponents - and we nee dto get behind the team and see what we can do. If we play like we did today by the sound of it, that won't do it so improvement needed.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!