Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

who inherits the club?

2»

Comments

• who are you calling bignose ?
  • 1StevieG said:

The cheese makers?

I'm assuming that's not meant to be taken literally and you refer to any manufacturers of dairy products?
  • edited March 2016
    Maybe he'll have his family, slaves, concubines, Katrien, Roger Johnson, Karel, Jose,etc, buried with him, so that they can minister to his needs in the afterlife, along with enough duct tape and washing up liquid to last an eternity, of course.

Oh, and his poodle, Richard.
  • His gerbils will inherit the club.

The gerbils sack Katrien as CEO as they recognise she's not very good.

They opt for a British manager
  • After the exploits on the centre circle, the NHS call centre and the fact that he is gradually turning the Valley into a graveyard, he’s kinda creating a one stop shop for ‘conception to death’. Maybe he’ll end up under the pitch - we’ll never get rid of him!
  • The club will be sold. There should just about be enough value in it to cover his outstanding bills for Duck tape and Oystercards.
  • eldavide said:

RD is not a young man. Does anyone know what happens to the club when he pops his clogs?

He's 69. By modern standards he's not at all an old man. Statistically he can expect to live another nine years. I'm sure he has good health and good lifestyle.
    Weird question.

I'm sure there was an interview somewhere where he as good as said that he was counting the days. Well, you ain't the only one Roly.
  • Stig said:

eldavide said:

RD is not a young man. Does anyone know what happens to the club when he pops his clogs?

He's 69. By modern standards he's not at all an old man. Statistically he can expect to live another nine years. I'm sure he has good health and good lifestyle.
    Weird question.

I'm sure there was an interview somewhere where he as good as said that he was counting the days. Well, you ain't the only one Roly.
    There was. He said something along the lines of life expectancy in Belgium is 75 (his words not mine), so he'd need to be out of football in 6 years.
  • Would love to know where that is, if anyone has it.
  • I have a feeling it may have been around the start of this season. You can search his interviews on you tube.
  • Sponsored links:

• He said that he can expect to live for another 6 years didn't he??

Perhaps that club will accept my early-bird application for a season ticket for 2022-23?
  • edited March 2016
    Stig said:

Would love to know where that is, if anyone has it.

It was at the press conference when they announced he was selling Standard to Venanzi. Google translate:

'The now former president has often had the image of a man misunderstood. The press conference on Wednesday did not help matters. To justify his decision to sell the club, he first explained ... that he would soon die. Not that he is sick. Rather a mathematical calculation: "I'm used to count the duration of my life. A person lives an average of up to 75 years. It is my goal. That leaves me 350 weeks to live healthily.... " He added: "The quality of my life, my personal happiness play an important role in my life." '

http://www.lavenir.net/cnt/dmf20150624_00668344; original was on SL OS, but I don't think it's accessible now.
  • Unfortunately we could be playing on Blackheath in 6 years time.