Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

who inherits the club?

RD is not a young man. Does anyone know what happens to the club when he pops his clogs?

Comments

• Katrien convinced him to change it from his eldest son to her!

No prizes to guess what was happening when he agreed though!
  • Pinocchio inherits ;-)
  • Any chance it's Peter Varney? No?
  • eldavide said:

RD is not a young man. Does anyone know what happens to the club when he pops his clogs?

The song says we have a party.
  • His least favourite grandchild.
  • The meek?

Blessed are the Greek
  • Sponsored links:

• His slightly more incompetant younger brother Gurt, he has a soccer sticker book from 1952 with only three stickers missing. So that's good!
  • What a strange question. The only people that would know are Roland, anybody Roland might have told and the solicitor who drew up his will.

However, my guess would be that most (all) of his assets are owned by on offshore family trust. Why, because of the extremely high inheritance tax rates in Belgium. Even his spouse would have to pay 30% of anything over half a million euros. If he left his money to a non-relative, they'd find themselves paying 90% of anything over Euro 175,000.

So, there is a possibility that the club would be owned by the Belgium equivalent of HMRC.
  • eldavide said:

pretty clear who inherits from this pic

And his signature on the document

• eldavide said:

He's 69. By modern standards he's not at all an old man. Statistically he can expect to live another nine years. I'm sure he has good health and good lifestyle.
    Weird question.

• His cats.
  • Redknapps dog
  • I don't think its a weird question. More likely a sign of desperation, optimism, pessimism , wishful thinking, curiosity, or all of them.
  • 2 of out all time greats - Nego and Thuram.
  • eldavide said:

Should this happen is suggest CARD spend a few party poppers amongst other things. In all honestly he's left the club to Rod Fanni - only way he could get him to sign.
  • Sponsored links:

• it'll be raffled off but in one last dig from the grave we all have to buy the tickets for the 'Roland was my hero raffle' and all the money goes to his other clubs
  • Some bloke called MiniMe Duchatalet.
    Part of his evil empire does cloning.
  • Well now we know what the goons signature looks like can we do a "companies house" job on him a la Katrien ?
  • Roland has signed up for the footballing equivalent of a donor card. He croaks, we fold and the players are bequethed to the network.

Karel Fraeye is executor and will decide whi goes where.
  • Is it him as owner or one of his companies?
  • The cheese makers?
  • Protest funds used to hire a Hitman ?? :wink:
  • staprix?
  • eldavide said:

He's 69. By modern standards he's not at all an old man. Statistically he can expect to live another nine years. I'm sure he has good health and good lifestyle.
    Weird question.

CARD are making plans doncha know.
  • edited March 2016
    Is this the next step with the protesting? Killing him? Well I'm all for it but it's not very Charlton Life I've gotta say.