Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PotY

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016

Greenie said:

Unless a number of us fans do support the POTY do, then we will give KM just the excuse she needs to cancel it. Once it's gone it's gone. Luckily, a few of us still did attned the BTTV do, so that will hopefully continue. We can't demand our Charlton back if we don't support events that have happened, and been enjoyed, for many years. KM doesn't care about our history, I thought we fans did.

This hands down... Fair enough if people dont want to vote or want to take the piss and make a mockery of votes yet dont start moaning when there isnt another POTY dinner. KM has proven that she doesnt give a shit in stopping events / traditions
    Disagree - its about protesting against the club owners/CEO - if the Witch does cancel it, then once they have gone the new owners can reinstate it.
    Its the big picture people.....
    Are we getting new owners within the next couple of years?

The club don't organise this event... the likes of @Fanny Fanackapan do, so to protest against POTY is putting down the hard work and effort they put in.

If you want to protest then go and do it just somewhere else, just dont rain on something that an actual fan works so hard for
    But you dont get it do you......and yet another reason why we have no solidarity, actual fans work hard supporting the club, actual fans formed a political party to bring us back to the Valley, actual fans run the POTY awards, so if the actual fans cancel it or dont attend and it gets cancelled, it sends a further message to the board and media.........think less selfishly and look at the big picture......

Notwithstanding the fact that not one single player deserves to be called 2016 Player of the Year...it would be an insult to previous winners.
  • Options
    should be Ceballos. The corner he took at Derby alone is deserving of the award. If not Sanogo - I'm reliably informed he scored a penalty in training the other day.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Unless a number of us fans do support the POTY do, then we will give KM just the excuse she needs to cancel it. Once it's gone it's gone. Luckily, a few of us still did attned the BTTV do, so that will hopefully continue. We can't demand our Charlton back if we don't support events that have happened, and been enjoyed, for many years. KM doesn't care about our history, I thought we fans did.

This hands down... Fair enough if people dont want to vote or want to take the piss and make a mockery of votes yet dont start moaning when there isnt another POTY dinner. KM has proven that she doesnt give a shit in stopping events / traditions
    Disagree - its about protesting against the club owners/CEO - if the Witch does cancel it, then once they have gone the new owners can reinstate it.

The club don't organise this event... the likes of @Fanny Fanackapan do, so to protest against POTY is putting down the hard work and effort they put in.

If you want to protest then go and do it just somewhere else, just dont rain on something that an actual fan works so hard for
    But you dont get it do you......and yet another reason why we have no solidarity, actual fans work hard supporting the club, actual fans formed a political party to bring us back to the Valley, actual fans run the POTY awards, so if the actual fans cancel it or dont attend and it gets cancelled, it sends a further message to the board and media.........think less selfishly and look at the big picture......

Notwithstanding the fact that not one single player deserves to be called 2016 Player of the Year...it would be an insult to previous winners.
    How the hell can you say I'm being selfish when I'm saying dont ruin things for fans who want events to go ahead?

Maybe speak with Fanny herself and see how she'd feel about protests at the POTY?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    How can any player honestly be voted as POTY, they have all been crap, (apart from an odd game), if they had played to their full potential, we would not be in the mess we are. Guarantee, whoever you vote for will leave in the summer
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

How the hell can you say I'm being selfish when I'm saying dont ruin things for fans who want events to go ahead?

Maybe speak with Fanny herself and see how she'd feel about protests at the POTY?
    Because they are the minority, and it would be a selfish act to keep this event when all the other protests are going on. Like I say its solidarity and the big picture, its not about a few people who want to have a few pics with a team of footballers who have let themselves and us down.
    FWIW I was going to attend this year, but have decided against it for the reasons above.
    The impact if this was cancelled within the media and the embarrassment to the club is worth far more than if it went ahead.
  • Options
    Jacko is a good call
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    whilst i understand people are struggling for genuine nominations i really don't think JJ should get it.

he has been as shit as anyone and also a mouthpiece for KM, on top of that he was offering out a fan after the team played dogshit at the weekend.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Sam Bartram

Well he DOES attend ALL the protests !!
  • Options
    Should be JJ all day long...

For what he has done this season, in fact I guarantee it would be a lot worse if Jacko wasn't there holding the remnants of this squad together..
    For reimbursing the fans, that goal at Fulham, the shef wed game, and Birmingham away. For being wheeled out by KM even though we could all yell he knew it was bullshit. For the class with which he has handled himself throughout all of this.
    But not just for that, also for all he has done for the club over the last 5 years. And for being proper Charlton.

Other candidates, Hendo, Solly, Cousins.

If anyone outside those 4 gets a vote then it is clearly sarcastic and shouldn't be taken seriously.
  • Options
    Can we have a manager of the year, we have had enough of them to choose from.
  • Options

Should be JJ all day long...

For what he has done this season, in fact I guarantee it would be a lot worse if Jacko wasn't there holding the remnants of this squad together..
    For reimbursing the fans, that goal at Fulham, the shef wed game, and Birmingham away. For being wheeled out by KM even though we could all yell he knew it was bullshit. For the class with which he has handled himself throughout all of this.
    But not just for that, also for all he has done for the club over the last 5 years. And for being proper Charlton.

Other candidates, Hendo, Solly, Cousins.

If anyone outside those 4 gets a vote then it is clearly sarcastic and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Without a doubt, JJ, Hendo, Solly or Cousins deserve something.
  • Options
    Kerms
  • Options
    But seriously, I say vote for JJ.
  • Options
    Only one person deserves to win any award ..........Seb, give it to him!!!!!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Because they are the minority, and it would be a selfish act to keep this event when all the other protests are going on. Like I say its solidarity and the big picture, its not about a few people who want to have a few pics with a team of footballers who have let themselves and us down.
    FWIW I was going to attend this year, but have decided against it for the reasons above.
    The impact if this was cancelled within the media and the embarrassment to the club is worth far more than if it went ahead.
    The point being made is this won't hurt the club but play right into their hands. They want control of the event, and I think you're hugely overstating the media impact - who would care a fan event wasn't well attended? There's also a risk the fans would come out badly in any story.

If your target is the club, POTY isn't a valid target. It's friendly fire.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rikofold said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

The point being made is this won't hurt the club but play right into their hands. They want control of the event, and I think you're hugely overstating the media impact - who would care a fan event wasn't well attended? There's also a risk the fans would come out badly in any story.

You are wrong and clearly don't work in advertising or marketing!
    It's how you sell/spin it to the media is what counts.
    As my post above, make the media understand why it's being cancelled, it's more publicity against the club. Sometimes you have to reach deep for your ammunition.
    Also not many people care if it's organised by the fan, if spun correctly then it shows what sacrifices the fans are willing to give up for the greater cause and this will damage the club.
    But it won't happen because there are too many people with too many opinions on what we should do next. As I said we don't have enough solidarity and as long as they can have their cosy back slapping event then that's all that matters, an opportunity missed.
    There's always next year or whenever RD buggers off.

EDIT - I am right in thinking that this is held on premises owned by the club? So surely that is contradictory, we are protesting about the club and boycotts have been mentioned, but its OK if we use the clubs facilities to host the event...can anyone else see the irony in the above?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the deal with Diarra? Is he out for the season?

Pretty sure if he plays another 5 games he'll win the CL Statbank
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Jackson for having to sit through Meire's powerpoint

And the hostage videos he's been in. "we need you to get behind the boys" :neutral:
  • Options
    From the first half of the season I think Diarra was nailed on to win it - but happy to go JJ as he deserves it in general.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

What's the deal with Diarra? Is he out for the season?

Pretty sure if he plays another 5 games he'll win the CL Statbank

Statbank should be cancelled and boycotted to show our disgust at how the club is run.

That will show RD and KM.

Who cares if it is run by fans not the club it has to be stopped.

Anyone voting in the statbank is saying that the players are good and Roland is right.

So what if it's been going for years and isn't run by the club or even that many fans enjoy it

#boycottstatbank
    #misguidedprotest
    Class comments there Ben, you can do better than that.
  • Options
    Callum Harriot... For his performances in a Colchester shirt
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Greenie said:

rikofold said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

As my post above, make the media understand why it's being cancelled, it's more publicity against the club. Sometimes you have to reach deep for your ammunition.
    Also not many people care if it's organised by the fan, if spun correctly then it shows what sacrifices the fans are willing to give up for the greater cause and this will damage the club.
    But it won't happen because there are too many people with too many opinions on what we should do next. As I said we don't have enough solidarity and as long as they can have their cosy back slapping event then that's all that matters, an opportunity missed.

EDIT - I am right in thinking that this is held on premises owned by the club? So surely that is contradictory, we are protesting about the club and boycotts have been mentioned, but its OK if we use the clubs facilities to host the event...can anyone else see the irony in the above?
    Don't agree with you on this at all. Fans boycotting the POTY event in a season when the club goes down without a fight isn't exactly a story. It would have very little media impact.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Greenie said:

rikofold said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Don't agree with you on this at all. Fans boycotting the POTY event in a season when the club goes down without a fight isn't exactly a story. It would have very little media impact.
    If you really want to make a story (which, at the end of the season and just before the Euros, is probably unlikely), would a better one not be having a massive over-subscription for the PoTY awards event, particularly if, as seems likely, the unofficial individual boycotts decrease the numbers at games?

It would be rubbing KM's nose in it, and there's no better nose....
  • Options

Rob62 said:

Greenie said:

rikofold said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

If you really want to make a story (which, at the end of the season and just before the Euros, is probably unlikely), would a better one not be having a massive over-subscription for the PoTY awards event, particularly if, as seems likely, the unofficial individual boycotts decrease the numbers at games?

It would be rubbing KM's nose in it, and there's no better nose....
    Spot on. We want to highlight the difference between an event run by "proper" Charlton people, which ideally should have fans fighting for seats, and her attempt at a "matchday experience" where she can't even give seats away at a fiver! Lets rub her nose in it. Should be our slogan for the event.