Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD VIDEO: Peter Varney interview on the situation at CAFC (part 3, page 3)

124»

Comments

• Options

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Serious question. Why is Varney doing this? (The video interview)

What does he hope to achieve by it?

Awareness by RD ...currently KM and Murray are preventing access ...KM to protect her job, Murray who knows.
    Just not true IMO. KM is just RD's bitch, she does as he commands, glorified PA basically. RD was copied to emails, if he wanted meetings to happen they would have. This is ALL down to RD. The video is depressing, as always with CAFC, how near, yet how far... All about timing and we are always out!
    RD left it to her to 'negotiate' and update him if necessary. She just ignored Varney instead.
    I don't buy that I am afraid. He has put, what £20M+ into the club, we are getting relegated and will be losing £5 -10M pa thereafter. Even with his wealth, that is huge and we will be a focus for him because of it.

No way would something as important as this not be followed up by RD if he wanted it. KM as I said just does as he commands, if she didn't he would fire her. No way he is not aware this is an offer to purchase, especially when PV has stated he followed up on the email trail with a further one direct to RD at the end.

Meire is appears arrogant and there is the stench of incompetence and naive but such a strategic decision as this can only be laid squarely with RD.
    Maybe, I do not trust either of them ... but there is no doubt that she is protecting her 'job' ... she doesn't want to lose it as she loves the business profile and the kudos it attracts elsewhere.

However if she was sensible, she would welcome dialogue with new investors. Losing her role to a takeover would look better on her CV than being sacked by Roland ... which cannot be an impossibility if we go down.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Awareness by RD ...currently KM and Murray are preventing access ...KM to protect her job, Murray who knows.
    Just not true IMO. KM is just RD's bitch, she does as he commands, glorified PA basically. RD was copied to emails, if he wanted meetings to happen they would have. This is ALL down to RD. The video is depressing, as always with CAFC, how near, yet how far... All about timing and we are always out!
    RD left it to her to 'negotiate' and update him if necessary. She just ignored Varney instead.
    I don't buy that I am afraid. He has put, what £20M+ into the club, we are getting relegated and will be losing £5 -10M pa thereafter. Even with his wealth, that is huge and we will be a focus for him because of it.

No way would something as important as this not be followed up by RD if he wanted it. KM as I said just does as he commands, if she didn't he would fire her. No way he is not aware this is an offer to purchase, especially when PV has stated he followed up on the email trail with a further one direct to RD at the end.

Meire is appears arrogant and there is the stench of incompetence and naive but such a strategic decision as this can only be laid squarely with RD.

Incidentally, those amounts are not huge to a billionaire ... reflecting just a small percentage of his wealth which he is willing to wager in an attempt to prove his 'philosophy' of breaking even in his division.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Incidentally, those amounts are not huge to a billionaire ... reflecting just a small percentage of his wealth which he is willing to wager in an attempt to prove his 'philosophy' of breaking even in his division.
    He's not a billionaire. I thought he was worth about £600M, so he's heading towards 10% of his wealth.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

He's not a billionaire. I thought he was worth about £600M, so he's heading towards 10% of his wealth.
    which he is willing to use (lose) to prove his 'way' works
  • Options

Down to his last £580 million. Must be bricking it.

Still on around £600m as his Belgian business paid out a dividend of over £20m for his shareholding towards the end of 2015. Another reason why he's not bothered...money goes to, and generates, money.

Pleased to hear Peter's comments about the interest being there despite where we sit at the moment and where we are likely to be next season.
  • Options
    I cant possibly see how her job is going to be much fun from now on
  • Options
    I reread the emails again recently and it may be wishful thinking, but it does seem they were initially open to at least speaking with Varney. Something then happened to scupper that.

Did Duchatelet get cold feet all of a sudden or could there have been a certain non-exec Chairman blocking the deal?
  • Options

Down to his last £580 million. Must be bricking it.

He must be shopping in Aldi by now such are his losses.
  • Options
    It's less actually as its 550m Euros which is about £435m so it's more than 10% but he's probably recovering most of the losses through tax write offs so the net impact is minimal. :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cheers AB
  • Options

I reread the emails again recently and it may be wishful thinking, but it does seem they were initially open to at least speaking with Varney. Something then happened to scupper that.

Did Duchatelet get cold feet all of a sudden or could there have been a certain non-exec Chairman blocking the deal?

Enter Murray, stage left.
  • Options
    All we can do is keep pushing with the protests and make them as uncomfortable as possible for the owner. That and the results on the field will eventually take it's toll and he will give in. Let's just hope that it's not too late and these investors are still around and still interested.
  • Options
    Has anyone close to Varney spoke to him recently to see if the investors he had lined up are still interested or have they moved onto other targets?