Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD VIDEO: Peter Varney interview on the situation at CAFC (part 3, page 3)

Comments

• Options
    He believes himself to be a superior being, endowed with magical insight and knowledge. Apart from Ms. Meire we are all too stupid to realise this.
  • Options
    There's no way he's going to make more money on us when we get relegated. The time to sell is now.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    So his investor is still around, want a South London club. Also potentially other investors apart from his. RD won't meet, unbelievable!!
  • Options
    These videos are getting less reactioj than I think they should be because they're all being posted on the same thread.

The investor is still around and wants a London club south of the river. Let's ramp up the pressure... Talks must happen somehow.
  • Options

These videos are getting less reactioj than I think they should be because they're all being posted on the same thread.

The investor is still around and wants a London club south of the river. Let's ramp up the pressure... Talks must happen somehow.

Probably better if the mods edit the header.
  • Options
    Can see the future - Paramount Stay Weekend Package - Advertised all over europe / the world - Spend a weekend at the paramount resort - enjoy the world's biggest water park & theme park - and enjoy an excursion to a premier league match followed by an evening's entertainment at the O2. We are the missing link!!! Bingo.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Can see the future - Paramount Stay Weekend Package - Advertised all over europe / the world - Spend a weekend at the paramount resort - enjoy the world's biggest water park & theme park - and enjoy an excursion to a premier league match followed by an evening's entertainment at the O2. We are the missing link!!! Bingo.

Exactly. This is what I'm thinking.

I have to say Varney is being rather economical with his words. If it's a bid to take control then say so.

Investing can mean "anything" up to a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    another interesting video
  • Options
    vff said:

Come on Richard Murray, stop being so proud, show you have key and future interests of the club at heart and give the Varney brokered deal a hearing. Encourage Duchatelet and Meire to give the deal a hearing. If you love Charlton then you should be big enough to put aside past differences. That will be the positive legacy you can leave the club - help to open the way for a secure future for the club and to get back to the Premiership - not being a lower league one club as Duchatelet doesn't agree with FFP. You also likely get your money back to boot. You know it makes sense.

Spot on.
  • Options
    Serious question. Why is Varney doing this? (The video interview)

What does he hope to achieve by it?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Awareness by RD ...currently KM and Murray are preventing access ...KM to protect her job, Murray who knows.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

LuckyReds said:

Just watched it on my MacBook in Starbucks

Hipster.
    He didn't say he was drinking anyt Starbucks products, he could have just been keeping warm at the expense of those tax dodgers.
  • Options

Best boss I've ever had.

"Had"???
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Awareness by RD ...currently KM and Murray are preventing access ...KM to protect her job, Murray who knows.
    Just not true IMO. KM is just RD's bitch, she does as he commands, glorified PA basically. RD was copied to emails, if he wanted meetings to happen they would have. This is ALL down to RD. The video is depressing, as always with CAFC, how near, yet how far... All about timing and we are always out!
    RD left it to her to 'negotiate' and update him if necessary. She just ignored Varney instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Some commission / facilitator fee I imagine.

He has publicly said he's committed to Ebsfleet (hasn't he ?) so it can't be to run CAFC (again).
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Some commission / facilitator fee I imagine.

He has publicly said he's committed to 1 (hasn't he ?) so it can't be to run CAFC (again).>

Same as any player is committed to thier club when he's being tapped up!
  • Options
    I wonder if they would still want to buy us when we are in League One? It is a notoriously hard league to get out of and even if they got a good price (and RD wanted to sell at a loss) the new owners, even with investment in the playing side, could still be looking at 3 years or so in League One. Of the last 15 clubs relegated to league One, only 4 have got back since, and 3 are in league 2.

I suspect that relegation will mean this ship has sailed. It would be interesting to know what Varney thinks about this.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

I wonder if they would still want to buy us when we are in League One? It is a notoriously hard league to get out of and even if they got a good price (and RD wanted to sell at a loss) the new owners, even with investment in the playing side, could still be looking at 3 years or so in League One. Of the last 15 clubs relegated to league One, only 4 have got back since, and 3 are in league 2.

I suspect that relegation will mean this ship has sailed. It would be interesting to know what Varney thinks about this.

We're already down on any reasonable analysis, so I think you can assume that is likely to be factored in.
  • Options
    I don't see how Duchatelet can see anything but his experiment with us being a complete disaster- fans in revolt, team getting relegated - only a mad man wouldn't take the chance to sell up!
  • Options
    Hopefully PV can just keep banging on the door and one day, they have sense and just listen to the opportunity, whatever it is.

We can all hope.
  • Options
    Very good again
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Just not true IMO. KM is just RD's bitch, she does as he commands, glorified PA basically. RD was copied to emails, if he wanted meetings to happen they would have. This is ALL down to RD. The video is depressing, as always with CAFC, how near, yet how far... All about timing and we are always out!
    RD left it to her to 'negotiate' and update him if necessary. She just ignored Varney instead.
    I don't buy that I am afraid. He has put, what £20M+ into the club, we are getting relegated and will be losing £5 -10M pa thereafter. Even with his wealth, that is huge and we will be a focus for him because of it.

No way would something as important as this not be followed up by RD if he wanted it. KM as I said just does as he commands, if she didn't he would fire her. No way he is not aware this is an offer to purchase, especially when PV has stated he followed up on the email trail with a further one direct to RD at the end.

Meire is appears arrogant and there is the stench of incompetence and naive but such a strategic decision as this can only be laid squarely with RD.