Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next line of attack - Let's take our data back, let's take our data back........

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Thought the
    Note: Health Warning was going to about Charlton or at least contact details about the ticket office call centre.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

cabbles said:

Dear all, took this from @PeterGage on the 'what should we do next thread' as though it warranted it's own thread in case some of you hadn't opened/followed it.

Basically Peter posted up his letter asking to be removed from the CAFC database, template below. If we could all do the same, post ours up here as well so we can monitor it, see how many we get. Another useful and efficient exercise along with the wider efforts.

Copy of my email to Charlton FC this morning: -

Dear Sir/Madam

Would you please remove my name and contact details from your database. We are not renewing our season tickets until the club is sold to an organisation which reflects the ambitions, local social awareness and shares the emotional attachment of the fans.

Please confirm the receipt of this email.

He sent it to info@cafc.co.uk

Regards

I received the following response this morning:

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your email which has been referred to the relevant person for their attention.

Kind regards,

Charlton Athletic Football Club
    Lewis Uphill | Front Of House

Note: Health warning: The aforementioned statement by me has NOT been checked by newyorkaddict for it's grammatical veracity.
    It's newyorkaddick not newyorkaddict....thanks

:-)
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Just got a reply saying my email will be passed on to the relevant person.

Most interesting thing is the blokes email footer...a banner saying we were a finalist at the Football Business Awards 2015 for 'Best Fan Engagement'. Is that some sort of joke?!

I wonder if it helps that KM is one of the judges

http://www.footballbusinessawards.com/judges.html
    What the genuine fuck?

That's like appointing Katie Price to judge a "Britain's Best Mind" competition.
  • Options
    Had a response today, so at least they have acknowledged it.......

Hi Elvis,

Thank you for your email which has been referred to the relevant person for their attention.

Kind regards,
  • Options
    edited February 2016

It would be more impactful if the email is at least grammatically correct:

until the club is sold to an organisation which reflects the ambitions, local social awareness and shares the emotional attachment of the fans?

If you're going to call someone out on their grammar, make sure you're not mixing tenses yourself.

When did you become so petty and boring?
  • Options

Just got a reply saying my email will be passed on to the relevant person.

Most interesting thing is the blokes email footer...a banner saying we were a finalist at the Football Business Awards 2015 for 'Best Fan Engagement'. Is that some sort of joke?!

It's probably something Bobby Charlton won and the witch doctored it!
  • Options
    I got a response too same as above
  • Options
    Chunes said:

until the club is sold to an organisation which reflects the ambitions, local social awareness and shares the emotional attachment of the fans?

If you're going to call someone out on their grammar, make sure you're not mixing tenses yourself?

When did you get so boring?
    Seems ok to me - I used 'would' instead of 'will' because it's unclear that others will follow Peter's lead, but if they do they should ensure the email 'is' accurate.

I was just trying to stop potentially hundreds of fans blindly copying an email template to the club which didn't make sense - next time I won't bother.

Ps - a 1.9x LOL/like ratio says otherwise!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    IA said:

cabbles said:

Hi Robert,

Kind regards,

xxxxxx | Front Of House
    Charlton Athletic Football Club | The Valley | Floyd Road | London | SE7 8BL
    T: 02083334000 DDI: 02083334000

Registered office: The Valley, Floyd Road, London SE7 8BL
    Registered in England no. 1788466 VAT Registration no. 697 1617 92

This was the response I got. I can't copy and paste it, but underneath this chap's signature WAS

FINALIST - BEST FAN ENGAGEMENT BY CLUB at the football business awards last year :blush:

I wonder if we'll be in the running this year

There's a lot of kisses in the email.

Get your coat, cabbles.
    You're never far behind my posts @IA
  • Options
    Am I reading this right? that Katrien Meire is sitting in judgement over something?
    Seriously?
    Katrien is somehow qualified to pass judgement? Katrien of the 2%? Katrien of the crossbars disco? Katrien of the Sofa? Katrien of the programmes? Katrien of the season ticket fiasco?
    ...and so on and forever.
    In what thought process beyond Katrien is a woman, and involved with football, could anybody construct a case for Katrien to be a credible judge of anything?
    Yeah box ticking, I know. However if you have to have a Charlton woman on the panel, there are plenty of posters on here who would be better judges of 'fan engagement'.
    Actually I would much prefer Leuth's girlfriend to be a judge before Katrien, at least she has a fresh perspective on things.
    Judge Katrien! I ask you...sheesh.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Chunes said:

If you're going to call someone out on their grammar, make sure you're not mixing tenses yourself?

Seems ok to me - I used 'would' instead of 'will' because it's unclear that others will follow Peter's lead, but if they do they should ensure the email 'is' accurate.

I was just trying to stop potentially hundreds of fans blindly copying an email template to the club which didn't make sense - next time I won't bother.

No that's not correct. And I write and edit for a living.

I'm glad you've worked out a ratio for your LOL/Like count. Happy for you.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

Hi Robert,

Kind regards,

xxxxxx | Front Of House

This was the response I got. I can't copy and paste it, but underneath this chap's signature WAS

FINALIST - BEST FAN ENGAGEMENT BY CLUB at the football business awards last year :blush:

I wonder if we'll be in the running this year

There's a lot of kisses in the email.

Get your coat, cabbles.
    You're never far behind my posts @IA
    I've always been a fan of yours, Manish xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Chunes said:

No that's not correct. And I write and edit for a living.

I'm glad you've worked out a ratio for your LOL/Like count. Happy for you.
    What should it be then?
  • Options
    Someones busy today :sweat_smile:
    Hi Ray,

Thank you for your email which has been passed on to the relevant person for their attention.

Kind regards,

WebsiteGB tickets2 Facebook button http://featswithtweetsmarketing.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/new-twitter-logo-7-2012.jpg http://ocla.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/YouTube_logo_stacked_white.pnghttp://dotherightthinginc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ig-logo.jpg

cid:26C1EB59-808F-4419-B119-37F9A6B76C6D
  • Options
    I still haven't got over the fact I got a response. All is forgiven......................
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Someones busy today :sweat_smile:
    Hi Ray,

Thank you for your email which has been passed on to the relevant person for their attention.

Kind regards,

WebsiteGB tickets2 Facebook button http://featswithtweetsmarketing.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/new-twitter-logo-7-2012.jpg http://ocla.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/YouTube_logo_stacked_white.pnghttp://dotherightthinginc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ig-logo.jpg

cid:26C1EB59-808F-4419-B119-37F9A6B76C6D

Must be an uphill struggle dealing with this emails... Sorry
  • Options
    Dear Paul

RE: VALLEY GOLD MEMBERSHP NUMBER 3367
    It’s that time of year again!!
    Your Valley Gold membership is due for renewal on 02nd March 2016. Please can you forward your remittance of £60.00 as soon as possible, cheques should be made payable to Charlton Club – Valley Gold. Please accept my apologies if you have forwarded your remittance within the last week. If you would like to make your payment via internet banking or pay pal, email me at (valleygold@cafc.co.uk) and I will give you the details.

Thank you for your continued support of the scheme and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries.
    Yours sincerely......
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Sharron,
    Apologies for the delay in replying, haven't been too good recently.
    I'm afraid I shall not be giving any more money to Valley Gold, or indeed the Club, until the current board have been removed and/or I have a 100% guarantee that VG will not be passing on any money to them in the future.
    Apologies,
    Thank You

Paul.

Hi Paul

Thanks for letting me know and I hope you feel better soon.
    Can I just say a big thank you for your contributions over the years and if you wish to re-join at any time please just let me know.

Sharron
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like she's taking the piss MOG.

You should have a word.
  • Options

Dear Paul

RE: VALLEY GOLD MEMBERSHP NUMBER 3367
    It’s that time of year again!!
    Your Valley Gold membership is due for renewal on 02nd March 2016. Please can you forward your remittance of £60.00 as soon as possible, cheques should be made payable to Charlton Club – Valley Gold. Please accept my apologies if you have forwarded your remittance within the last week. If you would like to make your payment via internet banking or pay pal, email me at (valleygold@cafc.co.uk) and I will give you the details.

Thank you for your continued support of the scheme and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries.
    Yours sincerely......
    Dear Sharron,
    Apologies for the delay in replying, haven't been too good recently.
    I'm afraid I shall not be giving any more money to Valley Gold, or indeed the Club, until the current board have been removed and/or I have a 100% guarantee that VG will not be passing on any money to them in the future.
    Apologies,
    Thank You

Paul.

Hi Paul

Thanks for letting me know and I hope you feel better soon.
    Can I just say a big thank you for your contributions over the years and if you wish to re-join at any time please just let me know.

Sharron

No surprise mate, she always responds quickly, very helpful.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Am I reading this right? that Katrien Meire is sitting in judgement over something?
    Seriously?
    Katrien is somehow qualified to pass judgement? Katrien of the 2%? Katrien of the crossbars disco? Katrien of the Sofa? Katrien of the programmes? Katrien of the season ticket fiasco?
    ...and so on and forever.
    In what thought process beyond Katrien is a woman, and involved with football, could anybody construct a case for Katrien to be a credible judge of anything?
    Yeah box ticking, I know. However if you have to have a Charlton woman on the panel, there are plenty of posters on here who would be better judges of 'fan engagement'.
    Actually I would much prefer Leuth's girlfriend to be a judge before Katrien, at least she has a fresh perspective on things.
    Judge Katrien! I ask you...sheesh.

Could we all email this organisation pointing out KMs failings and have her removed.
    Fan engagement with the fan engagement people.

@footiebizawards on twitter?

Rory Ross Russell
    rory@footballbusinessawards.com
  • Options
    I know it may be difficult for some of you with lots of contacts but if possible Delete your email address and sign up for another email so they cannot contact you.This is what I did.