Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next line of attack - Let's take our data back, let's take our data back........

edited February 2016 in General Charlton
Dear all, took this from @PeterGage on the 'what should we do next thread' as though it warranted it's own thread in case some of you hadn't opened/followed it.

Basically Peter posted up his letter asking to be removed from the CAFC database, template below. If we could all do the same, post ours up here as well so we can monitor it, see how many we get. Another useful and efficient exercise along with the wider efforts.

Copy of my email to Charlton FC this morning: -

Dear Sir/Madam

Would you please remove my name and contact details from your database. We are not renewing our season tickets until the club is sold to an organisation which reflects the ambitions, local social awareness and shares the emotional attachment of the fans.

Please confirm the receipt of this email.

He sent it to info@cafc.co.uk

Regards

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    sent!

I have already canceled VG and CAFC player, i stopped spending any cash when i was going to matches.

I will be back at the last game of the season for a protest

I wont be buying anything next season till they are gone!

Money is all he cares about! i will spend mine elsewhere!
  • Options
    Anybody know the name of the data manager at Charlton? There are data protection laws that must be followed or the club will be liable.
  • Options
    Make it for the attention of the data manager.
  • Options
    Would be a good idea if you added your CON/ST number as there could well be another fans with your name.
  • Options
    "Data Controller" is the term used in the legislation.
  • Options
    could this work against us though if purchasing tickets to away games as if they wiped data off?, they would have no record.
  • Options

could this work against us though if purchasing tickets to away games as if they wiped data off?, they would have no record.

Don't worry about that, we won't be taking many to Accrington away in 17/18. Interest is going to be severely down, we would struggle to sell out Millwall away right now.
  • Options
    no but i meant in general like posting tickets out etc?, could they in turn be assholes about it as quite clearly they do not give a flying about the fans.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Would be a good idea if you added your CON/ST number as there could well be another fans with your name.

Although given previous shambles with the database, there's no guarantee that your CON number is linked to your address anyway :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

It could do, but in all seriousness I shouldn't think there will be much issue getting tickets for away games.
  • Options
    Done.
  • Options

This was my concern when it was originally talked about, but seeing as even Fulham tickets were available on the day.. I can't see there being any issues. In fact, I'll give Roland one thing - he's made buying away tickets a much less stressful affair!
  • Options
    done
  • Options
    I have never been contacted by the club despite not renewing in the summer, so it looks like they must have lost my details anyway.
  • Options
    I've been contacted a couple of times this season, the last being a week before Christmas.
    It gives a chance of a personal one to one protest/moan. This is one customer who isn't being treated as a mug punter.
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be better for people to hand season ticket forms back during one of the demos? For fans that want to renew it can be a symbolic gesture, since you could still renew via phone or Internet.
  • Options
    think season tickets being posted back with made up names is a good idea literally fill in thousands and send them back, just keep it none offensive.
  • Options
    Do they read CL? I mentioned on here that I get two emails, one addressed to me and one to Dave. Since I posted the Dave one has disappeared. They do read CL.
  • Options

Wouldn't it be better for people to hand season ticket forms back during one of the demos? For fans that want to renew it can be a symbolic gesture, since you could still renew via phone or Internet.

think season tickets being posted back with made up names is a good idea literally fill in thousands and send them back, just keep it none offensive.

Wasn't the process pretty much paperless last summer? They didn't do a mass mailing. Although presumably forms were available if you asked?

Perhaps more fun to fill in loads of Zebra finance forms with bogus details so Zebra get on the club's case?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

I have never been contacted by the club despite not renewing in the summer, so it looks like they must have lost my details anyway.

You obviously haven't got the right credentials. My Mum had a message left on her answer machine asking to talk to my Dad about why he hadn't renewed. He died two years ago ! (and yes, they had been advised).
  • Options

Just got a reply saying my email will be passed on to the relevant person.

Most interesting thing is the blokes email footer...a banner saying we were a finalist at the Football Business Awards 2015 for 'Best Fan Engagement'. Is that some sort of joke?!

No, they helped a George Best fan get engaged, obviously...
  • Options
    It would be more impactful if the email is at least grammatically correct:

until the club is sold to an organisation which reflects the ambitions, local social awareness and shares the emotional attachment of the fans?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Got an email from Sharron at VG yesterday asking me to renew.
    I politely declined, saying that I shan't give any more money to the club until the present board leave and/or I'm given a 100% guarantee that no VG money will go to them.

Not expecting a reply any time soon........
  • Options
    Hi Robert,

Thank you for your email which has been referred to the relevant person for their attention.

Kind regards,

xxxxxx | Front Of House
    Charlton Athletic Football Club | The Valley | Floyd Road | London | SE7 8BL
    T: 02083334000 DDI: 02083334000

Registered office: The Valley, Floyd Road, London SE7 8BL
    Registered in England no. 1788466 VAT Registration no. 697 1617 92

This was the response I got. I can't copy and paste it, but underneath this chap's signature WAS

FINALIST - BEST FAN ENGAGEMENT BY CLUB at the football business awards last year :blush:

I wonder if we'll be in the running this year
  • Options

Just got a reply saying my email will be passed on to the relevant person.

Most interesting thing is the blokes email footer...a banner saying we were a finalist at the Football Business Awards 2015 for 'Best Fan Engagement'. Is that some sort of joke?!

I wonder if it helps that KM is one of the judges

http://www.footballbusinessawards.com/judges.html
  • Options
    'finalist' in these award things is the same as 'applicant' isn't it?

Well done