Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is this the same Riga?

It is still early days, but what impressed me with Riga the first time was he made changes quickly - this time he seems different. I have been watching football regularly since 1975 and can count on one hand the amount of times something that isn't working, suddenly starts working. You sub when you see it isn't working. And you don't make more chances by removing your midfield. He has to up his game. If Fraeye had managed us last week (when he took too long to bring Reza off) and this, I would have been livid. I supported Riga - given that it was the best we could ever hope for under this idiot owner, but I have not been impressed of late.

Comments

• Maybe the issues are deeper than the Manager and we shouldnt have removed Luzon...
  • He ain't got a clue
  • No doubt he did well first time around, but we did have several games in hand and a better squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• I watched Rotherham's game on TV today, they battled hard all game & should have snatched a point at top of the form table Burnley. You look at their staff, Warnock, Kevin Blackwell and Nicky Eaden - so much experience & knowledge at this level & then you look at Riga, that fat guy from Belgium & De Cock.

I think the result at Rotherham flattered us hugely, tail end of the Redfearn regime & a missed penalty.

Rotherham are a team of utterly average journeymen and try hards but I would back them over our shambles to stay up this season.
  • Different players (i.e. mostly not RD's choices but CP's), different support staff, different teams at the bottom with us, no games in hand. All adds up to a completely different challenge. He did a very good job under the circumstances last time but time will tell if that was down to outside factors and/or luck.
  • Let's face it, anybody Roly brings is is going to be a halfwit.
  • Oakster said:

I watched Rotherham's game on TV today, they battled hard all game & should have snatched a point at top of the form table Burnley. You look at their staff, Warnock, Kevin Blackwell and Nicky Eaden - so much experience & knowledge at this level & then you look at Riga, that fat guy from Belgium & De Cock.

I think the result at Rotherham flattered us hugely, tail end of the Redfearn regime & a missed penalty.

Rotherham are a team of utterly average journeymen and try hards but I would back them over our shambles to stay up this season.

I get the distinct impression after reading a number of your posts, that you don't like Jose Riga? (:

I salute you
  • WSS said:
    Last press conference he said he was busy building a foundation. He is cack.
  • Every appointment has been for the best and better then the last one
  • Says it all when even your own manager comes out and says he didn't realise how big the challenge was. I think he's regretting coming here massively now, last time around he had a solid foundation, this time he is left absolute cack.
  • Sponsored links:

• Beckboy said:

Every appointment has been for the best and better then the last one

That's funny enough for a lol, but it's not a lolling matter. :wink:
  • This time round he hasn't inherited a team from Chris Powell who new how to defend and scrap for points.
  • Can someone ask Riga to tell the players that when you put on the shirt that you fight for everything until the whistle blows or otherwise fuck off. Too many players just picking up a pay packet
  • I had hope that Riga would help turn this around. Sadly I think we were already too far gone. I always said that over the longer term, Riga probably wasn't the right manager, but I think for this particular battle, he isn't the right man either. I like the guy, I respect what he did for us last time, but as others have stated, we had better players and were a stronger unit. This shower that we have at the moment would struggle even in League One. Many of them just don't have the heart for English football in my opinion.
  • ct_addick said:

Can someone ask Riga to tell the players that when you put on the shirt that you fight for everything until the whistle blows or otherwise fuck off. Too many players just picking up a pay packet

So very true. I know we have a lot of injuries but these fuckers should be fighting not just for our cause but also to stay in the team. What a complete and utter shambles of a club. Really feel like crying over my beloved club going to the dogs because some twat faced owner has ruined all our good work over the last 15 years or so.
  • The players have to take a look at themselves too.
  • Oakster said:

Riga is missing Dyer, Matthews, Roberts and Chapple + the backbone of a tightly knit squad built up by Powell.

He is being found out found out for what he is - a Duchatalatet minion with a bit more of an acceptable image than the freaks Luzon & Fraeye.

To be fair to Fraeye though, he is ahead on points after the same number of games with a much weaker squad.

At the time of his appointment I said I wasn't as convinced as others he was the solution but given our limited choice of potential coaches (basically from the first 4 or 5 numbers on Roland's speed dial) he was probably as good as we were likely to get.

Sadly he is failing to even live up to my very limited expectations and we are likely to be looking at yet another change in the summer...when we will bring in the next coach without a scooby about English football and especially not Div 1.

Rinse & repeat...
  • What worried me about today was the Solly to centre midfield change. He is the best right back at the club (not that there is much competition!) and one of our best players-any coach worth their salt would see that and not try to fix what is not broken yet Riga has followed Peeters and Fraeye in moving him. Are they all idiots or is someone else telling them it's a good idea?
    Either that or Solly fancies a change which, given his body language when he does moves position, seems unlikely.