Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Medical and Fitness Staff

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

The club doctor retired in January. Has he been replaced?

Don't think so and there lies another story about the recent signings of Messrs Sanogo and Fanni and their medicals I heard on the grapevine.
    Oh! So did they not have medicals or who did them?
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Don't think so and there lies another story about the recent signings of Messrs Sanogo and Fanni and their medicals I heard on the grapevine.
    There wasn't sufficient time to outsource them was the whisper and it didn't go down too well with our physios who have to pick up the pieces if a player is carrying a long term knock.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I blame the modern dietary and fitness fads for all these injuries .. young men from an early age have honed and mollycoddled their bodies akin to finely tuned engines, one knock and the whole system fails and needs expensive and time consuming refits ..
    Come on lads, forget, the salads, the tofu and the roast vegetables, the fitness drinks, yoga, boga and woga, calisthenics and balance training .. get some suet pudding, bangers and mash, liver and bacon and a few pints of stout into yer system followed by a bit of arm wrestling, disco dancing and bird chasing .. after summa that, you'll be fit and bulky enough to withstand any physical challenge
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

There wasn't sufficient time to outsource them was the whisper and it didn't go down too well with our physios who have to pick up the pieces if a player is carrying a long term knock.
    Thanks, you couldn't make it up if you tried! But that's the RD regime, false economy.
  • Options
    ".......Roland is not really concerned with the first team" !!!!!

It's watching an ambitious first team which draws in the fans to support the club; any club. It delivers all the emotions a fan seeks.

What is this idiot doing messing in football?

I fear there will be little joy whilst the Rat is here pulling all the strings. His CEO, whilst proving repeatedly incompetent in the job, continues to act as though she is fireproof and blameless whilst we watch our club crumble under her watch.

He seems determined not to offer the product the buyers want so it will be the same fare every season. God help us.

No wonder long suffering fans are leaving in their droves. It's not football anymore without the fundamental ingredient - raw ambition.

GET OUT OF OUR FOOTBALL CLUB AND TAKE YOUR SYCOPHANTIC CHESHIRE CAT WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Cousins and Lookman this week?? I think this medical team, physio and what not need sacking! What a joke!

What the hell they doing to the squad in training!??
  • Options

No, but Roland believes in herbal tea and cold baths, so that's all we need to see us through.
  • Options

Its all in hand Shorty, your 4 x season tickets are going to pay for a new fitness coach :smiley:

Er 5 season tickets. Get it right :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Its all in hand Shorty, your 4 x season tickets are going to pay for a new fitness coach :smiley:

Er 5 season tickets. Get it right :smile:
    For that, Roland will get a consultant...
  • Options
    Thing is shorty might have brought 5 tickets but there will be a lot of others doing the same because Charlton the team is in their blood now and it's a culture we have become accustomed too wk in wk out. The owners will come and go but the fans will always be there!! There will be a lot of people saying they won't buy a new one but when it comes to it they will. People won't want too lose their seats either. It's hard to stop going.

As for the medical team I totally agree it's a joke now. The whole spine of our team has been missing most of the season. I find it a coinicidence that Henderson, solly, bauer, jackson, Igor, cousins, diarra, kashi have all missed large chunks of the season. (Cousins not so much)

• Options
    cabbie8 said:

Thing is shorty might have brought 5 tickets but there will be a lot of others doing the same because Charlton the team is in their blood now and it's a culture we have become accustomed too wk in wk out. The owners will come and go but the fans will always be there!! There will be a lot of people saying they won't buy a new one but when it comes to it they will. People won't want too lose their seats either. It's hard to stop going.

As for the medical team I totally agree it's a joke now. The whole spine of our team has been missing most of the season. I find it a coinicidence that Henderson, solly, bauer, jackson, Igor, cousins, diarra, kashi have all missed large chunks of the season. (Cousins not so much)

Our medical team would have missed that! :neutral:
  • Options
    Thought they'd all resigned then
  • Options

Thought they'd all resigned then

For all the evidence we've seen Rob...they have!
  • Options
    When did Cousins pick up his latest injury? Have we been told anything about it? He was not subbed against Boro. So it was yet another example of an injury picked up in training..

• Options
    cabbie8 said:

The whole spine of our team has been missing most of the season. I find it a coinicidence that Henderson, solly, bauer, jackson, Igor, cousins, diarra, kashi have all missed large chunks of the season. (Cousins not so much)

All injured while digging the footings at the training ground, although Igor pulled his hamstring when JJ asked him to do the Cafe run. ;)
  • Options
    I suppose RD and KM are hardly fit and proper, so it just works its way down.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

cabbie8 said:

The whole spine of our team has been missing most of the season. I find it a coinicidence that Henderson, solly, bauer, jackson, Igor, cousins, diarra, kashi have all missed large chunks of the season. (Cousins not so much)

All injured while digging the footings at the training ground, although Igor pulled his hamstring when JJ asked him to do the Cafe run. ;)
    Injuried while digging? How many left footers have we got in the squad? Amateurs, the lot of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When did Cousins pick up his latest injury? Have we been told anything about it? He was not subbed against Boro. So it was yet another example of an injury picked up in training..

I'm sure the head of Comms will soon update us on all the latest injury news, failing that, Laurence Bloom will.
  • Options

I have long since thought there has been more politics behind all these "injuries" than actual physical problems. I have never known so many players to be continually unavailable throughout a season before. Your guess is as good as mine but it just seems there is a lack of commitment and discipline pervading throughout the club.

Professionalism starts at the top and works it's way down. It must be very hard to remain professional when you have staff of the calibre of Miere, Tony Cajones and Mandy wot's her name allegedly running the joint.
    Better to keep the wife/girlfriend happy by taking her shopping on a Saturday afternoon than running around for 90 minutes getting muddy, risking injury etc, only to invariably end up on the losing team again.

• Options

T.C.E said:

cabbie8 said:

Injuried while digging? How many left footers have we got in the squad? Amateurs, the lot of them.
    Not sure how many left footers, but I think there's a least one who dances from the other end of the ballroom.

• Options

T.C.E said:

cabbie8 said:

Typo.
    Dogging.
  • Options
    And another thing! Is Reza ever in the fucking country to do any training???? All I ever see (and I'm sad to even admit following him) on his Instagram is he's half way round the world! Having said that I was at forest the night he died on the pitch, classic. Only got to blow on him and he's on the deck. Surprised he ain't bloody jet lagged every week or even knows his team mates names!
  • Options

And another thing! Is Reza ever in the fucking country to do any training???? All I ever see (and I'm sad to even admit following him) on his Instagram is he's half way round the world! Having said that I was at forest the night he died on the pitch, classic. Only got to blow on him and he's on the deck. Surprised he ain't bloody jet lagged every week or even knows his team mates names!

I think you'll find that his team mates are Iranian (so he has a bit of a head start) - the others are merely temporary acquaintances.
  • Options

So there is a lot of pseudoscience in this thread, but I also think that sports medicine and science, especially in football in the UK, still has a pseudoscience element to it.

I've posted this a lot in various threads, but as far as injury treatment is concerned, for the likes of Kashi and Igor, there isn't much you can do for Achilles and Groin injuries other than rest. Kashi had surgery, but surgery carries risks of it's own (you're manipulating a very small, tightly wound tendon and it's always possible that you can damage a new area, that you can make the damage worse, or that scar tissue can form and cause a new problem).

I'll also throw out that JJ and Diarra have had injury problems throughout their careers, and that the Hull game was on TV and CC's initial injury was nasty, but it was a contact injury, and there's not much you can do for prevention or treatment.

I should clarify, when I say "not much you can do," I mean there isn't a lot of nuance that I'm aware of, and I've had fractures and tendon injuries. With most of these things the most important element is letting the body heal.

Now, to injury prevention and this is very different from treatment, and I have to confess I know far less about this. But this would be everything from stretching and weight training to conditioning, etc. A lot of this work is done in pre-season, and I personally wonder, given that we seem to have a lot of players who seem knackered (not all of them new), if the team was correctly prepared in the summer by Luzon et al. This is a genuine question, not a rhetorical one, I don't know. Some, like Cousins and JBG, have played A LOT of games this year, and that alone can be a factor--and the risk increased by fatigue. Under Fraeye, we seemed to be making enforced changes every match (I think there was a stretch of 4-5 matches where we made at least one per match, Diarra, Cousins, Vaz Te, JJ).

To Prague's question, it's a good one. Given he's had hamstring problems (he's young and fast, this isn't super rare), I wonder more if he was properly rested, rather than if he picked up a new injury in training. I do understand why the club wouldn't be overly forthcoming about this (just as they weren't about the fact that Igor was in contention), and you don't want to let your opponents know the state of your squad.

Your question is a good one, and you are in many ways right to distinguish between coaching regime and fitness staff, as the two are not necessarily intertwined. We don't seem to have any players who look badly out-of-shape, or like they're carrying too much muscle, with maybe the exception of Hendo. So yeah, there should be some serious questions asked, but I have to confess I'm not knowledgeable about football fitness and physical preparation to know this.
  • Options
    Bauer out of pre-season, Kashi out for 4 months. Is this first of many out before the season even starts? Still the medical team or fitness teams don't come under fire?
  • Options
    Saw one of your players at the London Independent Hospital at Stepney Green today. He was behind me in the queue for an ultrasound.