Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Baker Show

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Not a classy comment. As someone who has had a cancer I would have thought he would be more aware of what he was saying.

• Options

Not a classy comment. As someone who has had a cancer I would have thought he would be more aware of what he was saying.

He is. And that's why he said it.

Not condoning it by the way.
  • Options
    I guess my indignation is that my aunt has been given a few weeks to live and my dad is three years in remission, minus a bladder thanks to cancer.
  • Options
    I have always seen Danny Baker as a nasty piece of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tulVmA_BTEs

That dog at the end sniffs his ankle and must think "YUK smelly Millwall muppet!"
  • Options

Some idiot made an idiotic comment on an app for idiots and some idiots are all cross.

But you're too smart for all those idiots, right?
  • Options
    Not surprised by this, the bloke likes to play on the "I'm an old school Millwall and England geeza" when in reality he is a tubby little, unfunny prick.

He should be more worried about his mother with dementia that he flung in a home in sidcup and never visits rather than wishing illness on others just for the public attention he craves!
  • Options
    I've had leukemia but I don't find this particularly offensive.

It's funny to find myself on the "political correctness gone mad" side!
  • Options
    The way he talks about it, i.e. whenever he opens his mouth, you'd think he was the only person who'd ever had cancer. It was virtually the first thing he said on I'm a Celebrity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Used to really like Baker. Find his monotonous diatribe a real drag now to be fair. Classic example of someone who really likes the sound of his own drivel.
  • Options

That dog at the end sniffs his ankle and must think "YUK smelly Millwall muppet!"

I remember I had a bit of an upset at school that day and was upset at home being a mid teenager at the time. But that news about Danny Baker being sacked from his radio made me smile and laugh again a little bit. Apparently I seem to remember him at the time actually being sacked for telling a caller to 'bugger off'. Charming man indeed.
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited January 2017
    Not a great comment by him and I generally don't mind Baker and I'm not offended that easily. He should be eternally grateful as one of the lucky ones and not wish it on anyone, even in jest. Just because you've had it does not give you some sort of licence to be blasé about it.
  • Options

I remember I had a bit of an upset at school that day and was upset at home being a mid teenager at the time. But that news about Danny Baker being sacked from his radio made me smile and laugh again a little bit. Apparently I seem to remember him at the time actually being sacked for telling a caller to 'bugger off'. Charming man indeed.
    I distinctly remember the show he was sacked for. I was about 14 or 15 at the time and used to love 606. He was bollocking his producer on air and really losing his shit. I loved it.

The more I've thought about this today the more I think he shouldn't have said it but the amount of faux-outrage (not on here) on social media is daft.
  • Options

"People looking to be offended"

"PC gone mad"

Is what would be said if it was someone else.

He's put a "hex" on people? Should be burnt as a witch.

Stupid thing to say though and doesn't do the cause much good beyond the publicity.

Completely untrue. I cannot think of anybody that I would want to defend after they had wished cancer on someone.
  • Options
    Danny Baker in "inappropriate comment shock".........so what's new?
  • Options
    Charlton. Supporters lost on the sausage game three nil......I blame Roland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny sometimes plays a Madonna song that synchs up amazingly well with another track - can anyone here tell me what tracks he uses? I can't handle scrolling through hours of podcasts looking for it!!
  • Options
    Is that the Abba one?
  • Options
    Thanks, but I don't think so... it's Like A Virgin with.... either The Who, the Stones or Pink Floyd.
  • Options
    The 606 was a proper fans' phone-in when Danny did it.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Thanks, but I don't think so... it's Like A Virgin with.... either The Who, the Stones or Pink Floyd.

Baba O'Riley (I think).
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

this?
  • Options
    Cheers Paddy and Alex, that's the stuff.