Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New SLP Articles: Roland didn't tell Powell to pick players & FFP changes are a disaster

Comments

• Options

Dave2l said:

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115955&headline=

^ If you didnt read why Tony Watt left charlton. All behind the scenes etc interesting.

RD and his crazy ideas.

Im not even going to bother with the Powell stuff, that was simply just a load of gibberish and lies.

Really and truly, FFP is a good thing and if every club had to abide by it then it might be interesting and or more competitive (but maybe boring)

The problem is spending the money wisely and in the right areas. (directly related to the football) We are simply a shambles at that...so in the end FFP, whether in our favor or not, just becomes irrelevant. He wont stop going on about investment on the bloody pitch and stadium etc. Look at the league table, its time to stop making a prat of yourself now and get over that. Arguing these points and how terrible Charlton were before you bought us and how you pimped us up....no one cares and you are a fool for repeatedly bringing it up, especially at present.

“The main goal is that the fans and people see this as a place where they can have a great time - meet friends, enjoy the game, watch good football and see youngsters perform well.

“The question is what kind of football do you need? I think at the minimum Championship level. That’s what we definitely need.

“Then we have to see what will happen with this non-fair financial rules we have in the Championship and whether they will change or not. I hope they will, because it is a disaster for English football.

Im gana take what he says here at face value.

1st Sentence. The MAIN GOAL.....is just awful, the club has been going since 1905 it has history and is not something new, you cannot change it. Stop trying to outline reasons why people go to a football match its not going to differ in comparison to what it is now, why would it? Im pretty sure people already go charlton, meet friends and attempt to enjoy themselves etc. If that is the MAIN goal, something that already exists, then wow.
    Why people go football matches? Its f*cking obvious, isnt it... What do you think has been the point of fans going Charlton? In its most simpliest form they usually want to see the team beat other teams and have success... which you don't understand or refuse to accept. Do you know what competition is Roland...do you know what it means to be competitive and be able to say "We are the best". Everyone strives for that and if there is no hope, even if the tiniest smallest percentage in that ever happening, then give up now.
    He doesn't want people that attend charlton to be passionate fans. He wants that side of it wiped out. So sad.

A disaster for English football? You have only unsuccessfully spent 2 years being involved with English football and you don't even watch the games. Your opinion on it and how bad it might get, is irrelevant, and borderline nothing to do with you.

f*ck off you old c*nt

Even in saying that, this FFP interview has probably been Rolands best so far. The dickhead.

A stopped clock tells the right time twice a day
    Well, fingers' crossed Uncle Roly can emulate said timepiece, and just stop...

Mind you, I'd also suggest he could profitably be chucked in the recycling - who knows, with work, the constituent parts could be turned into something useful far, far away (I don't hold out much hope, though).
  • Options
    Everyone (well most) moan because RD does not talk to the fans, when he does, everyone (well most) moan about what he says.

1st point: The man does not want to talk to us, he does not feel he should, that is why he employs KM
    2nd point: We will not agree with what he says, he will not change he's way of thinking
    3rd point: After 2 years and many mistakes, this is the way he is going to do it, like it or not
    4th point: I am not saying we have to like it, but get use to it, until he eventually sells, this is how it is going to be, get used to relegation, we are not staying in the championship. If he finds he can break even or nearer to it in Div 1, then that is where we will stay.
    As someone, who shall remain nameless often says: it is going to be a bumpy road, welcome to RD's Charlton
  • Options
    What is that hanging out of his backside?
  • Options

ross1 said:

Everyone (well most) moan because RD does not talk to the fans, when he does, everyone (well most) moan about what he says.

1st point: The man does not want to talk to us, he does not feel he should, that is why he employs KM
    2nd point: We will not agree with what he says, he will not change he's way of thinking
    3rd point: After 2 years and many mistakes, this is the way he is going to do it, like it or not
    4th point: I am not saying we have to like it, but get use to it, until he eventually sells, this is how it is going to be, get used to relegation, we are not staying in the championship. If he finds he can break even or nearer to it in Div 1, then that is where we will stay.
    As someone, who shall remain nameless often says: it is going to be a bumpy road, welcome to RD's Charlton

He wasn't talking to fans, he was giving the press a load of bullshit. He has done absolutely nothing to appease fans. He disrespects us with his every action, He is a coward and a disgrace. Telling lies seems to be second nature to him and his CEO.
    Read like he was talking to his staff as much as anyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Fair play, before reading those I thought he was a lying prick who didn't have a clue, but that's really changed my mind. Thanks for everything Roland! :)
  • Options
    So he was naive and thought Fair play would be a level playing field.

So now he knows that is dead in the water.

SELL SELL SELL.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

cabbles said:

“I never read that he [Powell] said that,” responded Duchatelet. “But if he did, it is certainly wrong.

First line and a lie

“I did discuss on occasions about players - there were also problems at the time with key ones who wanted to leave, like Yann Kermorgant.

Another lie. I believe Powell over RD any day, and Powell said Yann was having to hold on for the right deal. We still don't know to this day if the deal tabled to Yann was good enough or acceptable to him to stay. But what we do know is he wanted to stay.

This guy is just a tosser, through and through.

We all know he never told Powell to pick players Alex Dyer told us that after Powell left ...... Yann chose the money instead of signing the new deal , think what people need to remember is the Bournemouth deal was on the table before RD took over ....as Powell said the old owners had already said they were not going to offer Yann or Stephens new deals

Be interesting next week if he gets treated like Parker will do tomorrow ??
    Parker went on strike...Different stories have been quoted as to why Yann left. Some have stated money and some a longer contract.
  • Options

..."What is very important is the element of the youngsters and good football" - that's just weird. What's important is winning. If you won't win, you don't get to bring youngsters through. And we're not playing good football. As with the sudden rediscovery that you can give free tickets to kids (what on earth did he think we were doing before?) he's trying to paint himself as some kind of philanthropic investor with the healthy well-being of SE London youth at heart . But as any reader of Greenwich Time will know, the most cowardly politicians will surround themselves with kids to deflect attention from their lies and failures. I suspect this is going to be an ongoing theme of this regime.

When it comes to politics, I see Duchatelet very much in the Greg Stillson mould.

• Options
    ross1 said:

What is that hanging out of his backside?

Murray making an appearance.
  • Options

It's like asking formula 1 to give every driver the same car.

Great in principal, but never EVER going to happen.

I think that's how a lot of the junior racing formula are run though...
  • Options
    It leaves him with 3 basic options, where to go from here in the long term:

1. Sell the club ASAP.

2. Go along with the fact that FFP ain't happening, take a gamble try and get in the prem then sell the club.
    Overall...he would probably make money on the club that way and it can only take a season to do so.

3. Continue moaning about the non FFP coming into full affect and keep wishing it will until he ruins the club completely with his stupid methods.

He will probably do option 3, sadly. He will just bank on the fact that it will happen one day or be stubborn enough in the belief it will happen and we are the only club doing the right thing by preparing for the apocalypse.

I'm glad it's gone to shit, it's embarrassed him and pissed him off.

• Options
    cabbles said:

colin1961 said:

cabbles said:

“I never read that he [Powell] said that,” responded Duchatelet. “But if he did, it is certainly wrong.

First line and a lie

“I did discuss on occasions about players - there were also problems at the time with key ones who wanted to leave, like Yann Kermorgant.

Another lie. I believe Powell over RD any day, and Powell said Yann was having to hold on for the right deal. We still don't know to this day if the deal tabled to Yann was good enough or acceptable to him to stay. But what we do know is he wanted to stay.

This guy is just a tosser, through and through.

We all know he never told Powell to pick players Alex Dyer told us that after Powell left ...... Yann chose the money instead of signing the new deal , think what people need to remember is the Bournemouth deal was on the table before RD took over ....as Powell said the old owners had already said they were not going to offer Yann or Stephens new deals

Be interesting next week if he gets treated like Parker will do tomorrow ??
    You've completely missed my point. I said we don't know (you don't know, I don't know) what the deal Yann was offered was. The point I was making is Yann wanted to stay. He was a key player for us, playing under Powell who he had a great relationship with, adored by pretty much everyone of us fans.

My point was in reference to what RD SAID IN THE ARTICLE. Read it back

there were also problems at the time with key ones who wanted to leave, like Yann Kermorgant.

Yann didn't want to leave, he wanted to be paid what he thought he was worth. Massive difference. Why you've trailed off into some ramble about your knowledge of the inner workings of our club I don't know.

Anyway I'm off for lunch with Marc Wilmots and James Henry, I need to brief them on the plans for the 2016/2017 season
    Colin1961/BexleyBoy is a wum.
  • Options

So he was naive and thought Fair play would be a level playing field.

So now he knows that is dead in the water.

SELL SELL SELL.

This is what makes not even considering the Varney proposal so strange. Is he really so pig headed that he's willing to watch the club die?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Exactly why we need to continue fighting him.
  • Options
    In what other part of business would you adapt your business to an existing set of rules (FFP for example) and then not adjust you business model when the rules changed. Ploughing on regardless is just stupidity spelr in Belgian.
    Someone earlier pointed out that in one of Roland's other businesses, the CEO has been there 12 years, and worked in another área, gathering knowledge, for the previous 10. And our CEO? A lawyer with no previous experience. And she's not learning the ropes, she's in charge. Madness.
    After a while it is headache inducing Reading the claptrap these people reléase. Last week he was claiming the KM Dublín comments were taken out of context, when the whole video was on YouTube. Basically, this is more corporate slush, aimed at god knows who, with the intention of painting a pretty picture where Charlton used to be. And the idea of having a good time with your mates while watching good football, How can you keep a straight face while feeding that to the public domain where the fans will read it.
    ROLAND OUT.....NOW!
  • Options
    edited February 2016

ross1 said:

Exactly why we need to continue fighting him.
    Yes. Don't continue to offer him opportunities for discussion and help. Just fight to get him out.
  • Options
    So, Powell is a liar, PV is a billboard salesman, the supporters are "weird" Solly, Hendo and Yann (the customers favorites) were either creedy or needed replacing because they were rubbish.
    Well RD you have won me over, i will support everything you do now because you know what you are doing!
    Twat
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

The scary thing is that Roland has, by his own admission, overspent. So we are not currently adhering to his plan. The plan which is to be self sufficient, and in his own words, "show we have better coaches". Well he must be realising that we don't have better coaches.That the people he hired to evaluate and run the team have failed miserably. That Katrien has failed miserably. That he has failed miserably.

There is no other conclusion for him to make. His plan can't succeed. He has added unplanned millions to his plan and still seen it fail. And that is a result of the people he has entrusted with the club, who have proven themselves to be incompetent. Maybe Katrien was right in a way. He doesn't do failure. He does total, abject, humiliation.

He clearly hasn't realised a thing. He hasn't changed a thing from day one. We have to get him out or this could be terminal - not only is he a coward but he is mad and an idiot to boot.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Mad as a box of frogs. He thinks he is on a higher intellectual plain than everyone else. What a muppet.

Wrong club, wrong country and wrong sport. What he is describing is an afternoon at the Rectory Field. The Belgian football public may turn up 2 hours before the game and stay for an hour afterwards, as Rugby fans do in this country, but we don't. As someone has said before, business your way out of this one me ol' China, because you are a busted flush.

We need a simple slogan to push out on social media, in English, Flemish and French and attach it to all articles. ROLAND DUCHATELET = FAILURE.

This. Duchatelet needs to be associated with

ROLAND DUCHATELET = FAILURE :

ROLAND DUCHATELET = Roland Duchâtelet = ECHEC (French)

ROLAND DUCHATELET = FOOTBALL FAILURE

ROLAND DUCHATELET = Voetbal mislukking - Dutch