Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Message to CARD.

2»

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Pico said:

Granpa - CAS Trust has made a number of overtures to Roland over the last couple of months. You might be interested in this open letter from Steve Clarke issued today: castrust.org/2016/02/cas-trust-invitation-to-roland/

We are not holding our breath

Far be it from me to sound critical, as I too have posted open letters to RD.

But have the Trust really just posted it on their site, as opposed to actually e mailing it to RD ?

Surely it has to be e mailed to him ?
  • Davo55 said:

@Granpa Like you, I would love for Roland to sit down with fans leaders (either the Trust, or a cross section of our most able, or some of the CARD people) and have a serious, polite, two-way discussion about everything that has gone on and our feelings about them. But, as others have said, he has refused to do so. And so has Meire so far. What do you think we should do, if they won't play ball? Just give up?

I would be interested to read your thoughts on this Grandpa?
  • Granpa said:

Hi Henry, opposite opinions obviously. I am 100% sure that we need to aim everything at Roland, as you rightly suggest any approach to Meire would be ignored which is exactly the sort of information I would want to advise Roland about. The only good thing I can see at the moment is that Roland felt obliged to speak up on his feelings. I will wait for the next game to see how many masks will be on show, but at least you now know that if you see one it won't be me.

i think focusing a bit more on RD is a great idea.

people are saying he isn't aware of the extent of the discontent because KM is hiding it from him, well if he is the new focus of the action by fans he is going to snap and have to pull KM up on why he is now in the firing line and this in turn will make him aware of how bad things have got.
  • Pico said:

Granpa - CAS Trust has made a number of overtures to Roland over the last couple of months. You might be interested in this open letter from Steve Clarke issued today: castrust.org/2016/02/cas-trust-invitation-to-roland/

We are not holding our breath

Far be it from me to sound critical, as I too have posted open letters to RD.

But have the Trust really just posted it on their site, as opposed to actually e mailing it to RD ?

Surely it has to be e mailed to him ?
    Yes, it is being emailed directly to him.
  • I believe there is a way to open a conversation with Roland

I'm fluent in lump hammer (a bit like Esperanto, but with a few more bruises...), if that's any help.

Joking, honestly.
  • I believe there is a way to open a conversation with Roland, all be it in a round about way and that is to do it via the sponsor, some of these are Charlton fans example Andrews, speak to them, engage with them, get them to open a dialogue with Roland. If necessary take action against the sponsors, make it hard for them to carry out there business. Make it clear what's your aims are to each company open a dialogue with there CEO's, get them on your side, get them to pressurise Roland for you. Keep hitting him in his pocket.

2nd line of attack if this fails in my opinion would be to take the fight to his businesses, inundate each business with requests, block their emails, do anything legitimate to cost him money, but make him aware that it us who are undertaking this action.

3rd line of attack if this fails, go for his end users of his products, companies like Mercedes as an example wouldn't appreciate a concerted effort against there infrastructure, but again let them know why they are being targeted.

Keep hitting him hard in the pocket, and keep constant pressure up at Charlton, at every opportunity keep demonstrating. you must not keep the pressure constant, but keep it building, the dam will burst once the pressure is great enough.

what I'm suggesting will take months to get a result, but ultimately we will.

Some excellent suggestions there.
  • Sponsored links:

• I believe there is a way to open a conversation with Roland, all be it in a round about way and that is to do it via the sponsor, some of these are Charlton fans example Andrews, speak to them, engage with them, get them to open a dialogue with Roland. If necessary take action against the sponsors, make it hard for them to carry out there business. Make it clear what's your aims are to each company open a dialogue with there CEO's, get them on your side, get them to pressurise Roland for you. Keep hitting him in his pocket.

2nd line of attack if this fails in my opinion would be to take the fight to his businesses, inundate each business with requests, block their emails, do anything legitimate to cost him money, but make him aware that it us who are undertaking this action.

3rd line of attack if this fails, go for his end users of his products, companies like Mercedes as an example wouldn't appreciate a concerted effort against there infrastructure, but again let them know why they are being targeted.

Keep hitting him hard in the pocket, and keep constant pressure up at Charlton, at every opportunity keep demonstrating. you must not keep the pressure constant, but keep it building, the dam will burst once the pressure is great enough.

what I'm suggesting will take months to get a result, but ultimately we will.

How about writing to our sponsors and asking them what they think. No need to harass them, they should want to open a dialogue in their own interests, that would carry more weight than acting as our agents.
  • Re Sponsors: Have you read how Axis (tunnel sponsors) were treated (see current VOTV) ?
  • Hex said:

Re Sponsors: Have you read how Axis (tunnel sponsors) were treated (see current VOTV) ?

No, enlighten us.
  • Hex said:

Re Sponsors: Have you read how Axis (tunnel sponsors) were treated (see current VOTV) ?

I asked long ago how the Andrews people viewed the current situation? Anyone know one of their top bods? If they are unhappy could they withdraw their sponsorship, could they insist on having their name removed from the shirts? Imagine that, would get media attention.

At the Reading game it's footabll for a Fiver, meaning a higher turnout. By definition any after match protest will be bigger. We need to make it bigger by letting fans on the day know of the issues involved. A free VOTV or specific leaflets will get the message across. We need as high a turnout as possible. Would be great if we could attract fans from other Clubs to attend especially as its only a Fiver. If they are lucky a game of football might even break out at some point.
  • Hex said:

No, enlighten us.
    Axis Chief Exec's PA received email last summer asking if they wanted to renew sponsorship (no phone call). The reply was "no". In mid-September the club again emailed his PA asking if they had reconsidered and called it 'an exciting sponsorship opportunity'.

Doesn't sound like they value their sponsors, does it ?
  • Firstly my thanks to Pico for showing me the letter to Roland from Steve Clarke. As a salesman all my life I am well practiced in achieving business from large companies by identifying the one person who I know is my real target, and who subject to me doing my job properly, will give me success. Despite a number of you not agreeing with me, Katrien and Murray have no power to influence things that really matter. If our attempt to kill Hitler had succeeded which it nearly did, the Second World War would have ended relatively quickly. We need to concentrate upon Roland, try to find his achilles heel, what forced him to sell Standard Liege, why did he give up on his political aspirations ?
    The letter from Steve Clarke was excellent, one businessman to another, and a posting from Charlton Kerry was also excellent. I would have preferred it to have gone from a Group representing supporters with more reference to the errors being made here rather than a head to head challenge. I would want it to be a continuous series of information and ideas, presented in a businesslike, professional manner.
    By all means continue your activity at the Valley, I personally arrive and leave on a Coach. A nice picture of Roland with a target on him might disturb him a bit, or perhaps labelled WANTED The Fugitive. (That one made me laugh !)
  • Granpa said:

Firstly my thanks to Pico for showing me the letter to Roland from Steve Clarke. As a salesman all my life I am well practiced in achieving business from large companies by identifying the one person who I know is my real target, and who subject to me doing my job properly, will give me success. Despite a number of you not agreeing with me, Katrien and Murray have no power to influence things that really matter. If our attempt to kill Hitler had succeeded which it nearly did, the Second World War would have ended relatively quickly. We need to concentrate upon Roland, try to find his achilles heel, what forced him to sell Standard Liege, why did he give up on his political aspirations ?
    The letter from Steve Clarke was excellent, one businessman to another, and a posting from Charlton Kerry was also excellent. I would have preferred it to have gone from a Group representing supporters with more reference to the errors being made here rather than a head to head challenge. I would want it to be a continuous series of information and ideas, presented in a businesslike, professional manner.
    By all means continue your activity at the Valley, I personally arrive and leave on a Coach. A nice picture of Roland with a target on him might disturb him a bit, or perhaps labelled WANTED The Fugitive. (That one made me laugh !)

I arrive on a coach but go home by train, using Valley Express doesn't exclude you from joining in.

• Granpa said:

Firstly my thanks to Pico for showing me the letter to Roland from Steve Clarke. As a salesman all my life I am well practiced in achieving business from large companies by identifying the one person who I know is my real target, and who subject to me doing my job properly, will give me success. Despite a number of you not agreeing with me, Katrien and Murray have no power to influence things that really matter. If our attempt to kill Hitler had succeeded which it nearly did, the Second World War would have ended relatively quickly. We need to concentrate upon Roland, try to find his achilles heel, what forced him to sell Standard Liege, why did he give up on his political aspirations ?

Granpa - Steve Clarke is chair of CAS Trust. You can join here: castrust.org/join/
  • Granpa - Steve Clarke is chair of CAS Trust. You can join here: castrust.org/join/

Thanks Pico, I tried to join but it would not let me, probably my fault. I will stop by the Upper North if they are there next game and register. ( I may have joined when it started, I will check. )
  • This is just an idea for future protests. Why not ? base it on the fact that "We Want OUR Charlton Back" & sing old players/managers songs in between singing "We Want Our Charlton Back". We could all wear our old football shirts from the good old days & perhaps have a giant replica of our Centenary shirt. Is the drummer available for protests ?