Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Message to CARD.

You may have noticed that I now end my postings with GO CARD, and I fully support the aims of their protest. I feel however that we need to step back for a moment and consider the action we have achieved so far, and more importantly how we go forward.
You deserve congratulations for having now achieved a very big display of dissatisfaction amongst supporters, but I think we need to re-think how we try to remove the owner, nobody else matters. I was embarassed by the Pinocchio masks, in my view they achieved nothing except to waste funds. We have just one target to hit, and that is Roland. When you read what he said during this last visit it is clear that he has no idea whatsoever what needs to be done to rescue the situation. Reading VOTV , an excellent and informed read, I believe that we should open a channel enabling us to tell him on a continuing basis exactly what is going wrong in terms of what is being said and the inaccuracies of statements, events etc from that very unfunny double act Meire& Murray. At the same time we should explain politely but firmly our views upon the actions that he should be taking. Roland is sitting in his ivory tower in a foreign country, and it is clearly obvious that we need to approach with an intelligent and reasoned plan of action, throwing insults at M & M will not move him at all. If he digs his heels in , how do you imagine we can force him to leave ? It has to be with logical argument, factual information, and polite suggestion.
Would those of you who can only communicate with profanities be kind enough to place them elsewhere.

Comments

• How do we open this channel ?
  • As CE said, how? If a credible businessman with an impeccable track record and the backing of some serious money men cannot get to talk to RD, how are a group of people his CEO (and by the fact that she's still there, presumably he himself) clearly hold in contempt?
  • Excellent post, attempts at dialogue with RD are essential now that he has finally emerged from his bunker. RD needs to employ people and listen to people who understand football in this country, lets hope his recent words have some truth in them and he is now prepared to listen and effect change.

KM is a real problem and getting in the way of solving matters, if RD is serious about turning things around he needs to talk to the fans direct and take on board constructive criticism. KM needs to be sidelined at the very least. Her stunt with Airman this weekend was just another example of how incompetent and out of her depth she really is.
  • Hi Henry, opposite opinions obviously. I am 100% sure that we need to aim everything at Roland, as you rightly suggest any approach to Meire would be ignored which is exactly the sort of information I would want to advise Roland about. The only good thing I can see at the moment is that Roland felt obliged to speak up on his feelings. I will wait for the next game to see how many masks will be on show, but at least you now know that if you see one it won't be me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    @Granpa Like you, I would love for Roland to sit down with fans leaders (either the Trust, or a cross section of our most able, or some of the CARD people) and have a serious, polite, two-way discussion about everything that has gone on and our feelings about them. But, as others have said, he has refused to do so. And so has Meire so far. What do you think we should do, if they won't play ball? Just give up?
  • Personally I think the chances of forcing Roland scumbag Rat out are minimal at best. However if Pinocchio can be brought to the point where she can stand the heat no more, I can see it may just help. Equally though, if things get too hot for them, Rat and Pinocchio could just declare some mumbo jumbo about the combination of falling attendances, reduced revenue streams, blah blah blah, plus the activities of a hardcore of disruptive 'customers' making the business impossible to run leaves us no alternative but to close the club, liquidate all its assets and redevelop the Valley.
    One happy Rat and Puppet, job done, cash in the bank.
  • Why are fans not demonstrating at KM as she walks to the match. If fans can get her to stop and talk, this is when placards and jeering (not abusive), should be done, not at the back of the West stand, where she just closes the curtains and her mind as to what is going on outside
  • Completely agree that we should open a channel. The problem is he shows no willingness or desire to do that, and cannot even face the fans on a match day. His puppets are as bad. So how do you open a channel with someone who is tuned in to his own ego and not much else?
  • I reckon turn the heat up on Murray too, show him just how unpopular he's become and that it's not just 'a message board thing'.

His turn for a mask, Snowy the Belgian dog from TinTin would probably suit him.

text
  • There's no magic answer to all of this. You or I are not going to pull a rabbit out of the hat. There's no way of making him leave.

We just have to keep upping the anti and let them know on a daily basis that we hate them and it would be in there best interests if they left, because if they don't there will be no club to own.

He knows exactly what is going on.

We continue.

Not sure about that. Why do you think that there is no apology over the Graham Moore fiasco on the website and the club was so slow to mention the season ticket issues on there and when it did gave a very qualified apology hidden in a story about how wonderful the ticket system is, when that failure was clearly a huge issue to the large number of people affected?

My hunch is that it's because RD reads the OS, but not social media. Some things he will find out about because they can't easily be hidden, but I doubt if it's clear to him just how useless Meire is. After all, she isn't going to tell him.
    Surely if you're running a multi million pound business that you've pumped a substantial bit of money in, you wouldn't rely on the OS for all your info would you? But if anyone would... I suppose.

If that business just happened to be at the bottom of the pile of its sector then would alarm bells not be ringing? Would it not be time to reach for the fine tooth comb?
  • I reckon turn the heat up on Murray too, show him just how unpopular he's become and that it's not just 'a message board thing'.

text

Agreed. The CEO is an habitual liar, she will inevitably lie to Roland just as much as she lies to us. She has little integrity and provably lies to herself as well. So Murray should be a target in order to leave the CEO more exposed.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the thing is that the regime don't do communication, at least not beyond bland corporate statements.

The protests cannot just continue to be in the West Stand car park after the game (unless we can get unfeasibly large numbers to attend - the apathy engendered by how the club is being mishandled, together with the numbers unwilling to do anything for fear of the alternative). If that's our only plan, they are all too likely to tail off.

There has to be something different, fairly regularly, to cause comment and encourage media interest - sadly, this weekend, the cock up over the tribute was the focus of UK media interest (but only within the context of a shambolic administration and disaffected fans), sadly because of the distress caused.

Now, if someone can liaise with the club to arrange something of that ilk every few days, and tell us in advance, life would be much easier. In my little world, if they'd let CARD broadcast the top ten on the big screen, that would be lovely....

But, anyway, the thing is that The Shareholder turned up to sweet talk the sullen masses only after the Belgian media picked up upon it. So we need to do everything we can, ideally with humour and always within the law, to keep up the pressure on the regime and, at the same time, grow the numbers protesting.

Not everyone will enjoy every protest, and some may have cunning ideas, in which case, pass them on by PMing some of the CARD people. We are fighting for the existence and soul of our club....
  • edited February 2016

I reckon turn the heat up on Murray too, show him just how unpopular he's become and that it's not just 'a message board thing'.

text

Think he is more of a David Brent nowadays
  • HexHex
    edited February 2016
    A call to Leeds supporters may prove helpful as they projected anti Massimo slogans onto the side of Elland Road tonight (shown on SSN just after 7pm).
  • Granpa - CAS Trust has made a number of overtures to Roland over the last couple of months. You might be interested in this open letter from Steve Clarke issued today: castrust.org/2016/02/cas-trust-invitation-to-roland/

We are not holding our breath
  • There's no magic answer to all of this. You or I are not going to pull a rabbit out of the hat. There's no way of making him leave.

We just have to keep upping the anti and let them know on a daily basis that we hate them and it would be in there best interests if they left, because if they don't there will be no club to own.

He knows exactly what is going on.

We continue.

Not sure about that. Why do you think that there is no apology over the Graham Moore fiasco on the website and the club was so slow to mention the season ticket issues on there and when it did gave a very qualified apology hidden in a story about how wonderful the ticket system is, when that failure was clearly a huge issue to the large number of people affected?

My hunch is that it's because RD reads the OS, but not social media. Some things he will find out about because they can't easily be hidden, but I doubt if it's clear to him just how useless Meire is. After all, she isn't going to tell him.
    Surely if you're running a multi million pound business that you've pumped a substantial bit of money in, you wouldn't rely on the OS for all your info would you? But if anyone would... I suppose.

If that business just happened to be at the bottom of the pile of its sector then would alarm bells not be ringing? Would it not be time to reach for the fine tooth comb?
    We all need to stop trying to rationalise Duchatalet's actions as if he was a normal, rich businessman. He is a rich ego, and his track record suggests he listens to few and believes he knows best. Clearly, the stuff about him watching every game is bullshit. We are a social / football experiment. We have to be. If this was being treated as a business most of what has happened would have had consequences. And yet Squirrel Face, his public face, remains despite being football's answer to Sarah Palin.