Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Defend our Den Petition

https://www.change.org/p/lewisham-council-defend-our-den-stop-millwall-land-sale-to-property-developers

Now, I wouldn't give Millwall the steam off my piss but they, like us, have their problems (insert joke here).

And think, if they have to leave the Den due to development they might want to share our ground again.

Comments

• Options
    There's a conspiracy theory doing the rounds that they'd go to Morden Wharf on the Greenwich Peninsula (the site former Greenwich Council leader Chris Roberts wanted us to go to). Not as far fetched because the owner, U+I, have good links with both Greenwich and Lewisham councils, but I can't see Greenwich buying it...

As far as I've been told, Millwall's relationship with Lewisham has completely broken down. Open letter from John Berylson to Lewisham Council here: http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/article/millwall-regeneration-john-berylson-lewisham-council-2951073.aspx

And some background from the brilliant Transpontine blog: http://transpont.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/is-millwall-really-under-threat-from.html
  • Options
    and then some genius will have us sharing , you can see it now
  • Options
    I think @Doucher will be along soon.
  • Options
    (shakes head and sighs) I signed it and wished them luck with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Signed, just as every fan should. Local rivalry aside any club with problems should be supported.

Here's the list of Trusts that got together to seek an enquiry into the Olympic Stadium fiasco:

Arsenal Supporters Trust
    Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust
    Chelsea Supporters’ Trust
    Crystal Palace Supporters’ Trust
    Fulham Supporters’ Trust
    Leyton Orient Fans’ Trust
    QPR1st Supporters’ Trust
    Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust

The Lions Trust is conspicuous by its absence and just wasn't interested in, for example, the impact on Orient.

And now their support suddenly expect assistance from elsewhere to save the toolbox?

They can swivel on it.

seconded.
  • Options
    Bugger.....yes or no ?
    Hate the spanners with a passion, but, imagine sharing a ground with the neanderthals...
  • Options
    Bloody hell @nth london addick , stop sitting on that fence......
  • Options

Those clowns at the "Lions Trust" are the only ones in London who refused to join the Olympic Stadium Coalition. Somebody please tell me why I should sign this....

I'm with Mustard Gilet....
  • Options

Signed.

• Options

Those clowns at the "Lions Trust" are the only ones in London who refused to join the Olympic Stadium Coalition. Somebody please tell me why I should sign this....

Because if you don't you will come across as being petty and I don't think that's the case with you.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I held my nosed and signed because they are fans who are trying to reclaim the game a bit, and so I wish them well in that effort.
  • Options
    If they are made homeless, I don't think Roland will be able to refrain from proposing a merger of the clubs.

(This is not an argument for or against signing, just a prediction.)
  • Options

Because you're better than them.
  • Options
    Signed. Football is nothing without rivals.
  • Options
    Signed, promoted it on Facebook, which has led to others signing, too. Some things are bigger than local rivalry.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Because if you don't you will come across as being petty and I don't think that's the case with you.

Sure, that would be the adult and reasonable way to behave. Especially if you are in an official position in your Supporters Trust. That's why when @Sparrows Lane Lion contacted me privately about this in Jan 2014, I did my best to help him. He mainly wanted help making FOI requests. Interestingly (i just went back and dug out that chat) I mentioned that it would be great if CAFC and Millwall Trusts co-operated on things like this. But he swerved my question of whether he was actually a Lions Trust member. I don't have any record that I ever asked him for help in reaching their Trust re the Olympic but he must have seen that thread here.

He and @Big_Bad_World seem like decent guys who have just been born with an unfortunate genetic defect, thats why they are regular visitors here, I suppose. So I just wanted to make the point, so that they might make it to their neanderthal tribe. There is actually a good reason for Trusts to talk to each other, and help each other. And we were ready to help them on this. But even their Trust hides in its "lair" growling at anyone who has the temerity to approach them. That's why this petition will get far less support than it could have.

But I'll sign the bloody thing of course.

• Options
    Nope. Could not sign this. May write a letter of support to LC.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Back in the 1970's down at the Den a grown man (with his mates around him),threatened to put my teeth down the back of throat. I was 13 or 14 at the time, supporting my team all on my todd.

You should have done him and all his mates. No excuse.
    He weren't worth it.

I like to think his mates saved him that day. Lucky man, he came very close to a good shoeing.