Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is now the time to consider a mass walk out?

Comments

• Been said 1000 times on here and I'm sure there's been 1001 responses, but this is definitely the way forward.

Hit them in the pocket, after all that's what they're here for right?

Not even a walk out, just no one enter in the first place.
  • Mackle said:

Rumour even has it that Katrien has made accusations that CAFC museum trustees have incited riots and should be kicked out of the museum. If true, it's an absoloute disgrace that the club CEO is acting in this way.

Points of order @Mackle

Only one trustee (me) and it wasn't a rumour. She accused me of "inciting a riot", and repeated the accusation twice more, to my face and in front of witnesses including my then 16 year old son. Not very impressive from a solicitor or a CEO. This took place just after the first launch of the Spell it Out in Black and White campaign calling for emails to be answered, a target 20k group to be set up and better communication. This was also before any protests had taken place.

I'm not aware that she wanted me kicked of the Museum board and in any case the note in VOTV 125 said "senior management". It didn't say KM.
    I think even Tony Cajones would realise the PR disaster that would be if it was him.

Again, the Museum is an independent and apolitical entity.
    That's absolutely mental.
  • After seeing how many left the West Stand straight after the Blackburn game I don't think it will work. Would look stupid.

If the team gets relegated maybe some might participate in a walk out but not now.
  • The walk out option is the easiest. After all, this lot have half cleared the ground already...
  • edited February 2016
    Davo said a sit in wouldn't work well, because stewards and police would clear fans with relative ease.

However, I thought some knowledgeable person said that the stewards are not allowed to lay their hands on you. If that is correct and 5,000 sat in afterwards, then surely they would need literally hundreds of policemen.

Policemen inside the stadium have to be paid for by the club I believe.

500 policemen @ £200 = £100K ?

Seems expensive. Am I barking up the wrong tree ?
  • Davo said a sit in wouldn't work well, because stewards and police would clear fans with relative ease.

However, I thought some knowledgeable person said that the stewards are not allowed to lay their hands on you. If that is correct and 5,000 sat in afterwards, then surely they would need literally hundreds of policemen.

unless you are causing trouble would the Police even be empowered to move you on? Would they want to?
  • Mackle said:

Rumour even has it that Katrien has made accusations that CAFC museum trustees have incited riots and should be kicked out of the museum. If true, it's an absoloute disgrace that the club CEO is acting in this way.

Points of order @Mackle

Only one trustee (me) and it wasn't a rumour. She accused me of "inciting a riot", and repeated the accusation twice more, to my face and in front of witnesses including my then 16 year old son. Not very impressive from a solicitor or a CEO. This took place just after the first launch of the Spell it Out in Black and White campaign calling for emails to be answered, a target 20k group to be set up and better communication. This was also before any protests had taken place.

I'm not aware that she wanted me kicked of the Museum board and in any case the note in VOTV 125 said "senior management". It didn't say KM.
    I think even Tony Cajones would realise the PR disaster that would be if it was him.

Thanks for the honesty and for clearing that up :)

Absoloutely outrageous behavior from Meire, but I'd imagine that her ranting could be quite funny to witness, like some strange comedy sketch
  • Mackle said:

Spanish said:

The risk being if it were not supported by a significant number it could have a detrimental effect. I am happy to support any protest if it gets our message across. I do however think someone from CARD should try and open a dialogue with the club. We can continue to protest but imo we should try and proactively engage with them. If RD, KM, RM et al decided to acknowledge us and put forward a programme to achieve some of our objectives i.e., start employing British, Championship experienced personnel then they would be answering one of our concerns. I don't believe we cannot achieve our objective under the current regime, but obviously they would need to make a huge U-Turn from the way we have seen the club being run

CAST has been asking for meaningful dialogue for quite some time and had nothing that lives up to meaningful.

And as far as British managers / championship experience is concerned, according to Katrien's interview in the Daily Mail Alan Curbishley applied for the position when Bob Peeters was sacked, but that the club had been vindicated by choosing Guy Luzon over a "fan favourite".

The most that we have had, is Katrien talking over people / abruptly interrupting them in during the fans forum in a way that suggests she's not interested in what they have to say, Tony Keohane refusing to call the Jimmy Seed stand the Jimmy Seed stand ("Tony it's called the Jimmy Seed stand!". "In the initial concept plans it's called the "South Stand") in the fans forum, and Richard Murray's Q&A statement that appears to have been made as a response to the media rather than to fans.

I really, really, want to know what the thinking was with Karel Fraeye. Who made the decision, who agreed at the time that it was the right decision. And how was that decision made. But we'll never have that disclosed. I think the Fraeye decision is a microcosm of how the current ownership are not good custodians of our club.
    Sorry, might have missed the interview in the daily mail......
    Any link please ?
  • Davo said a sit in wouldn't work well, because stewards and police would clear fans with relative ease.

unless you are causing trouble would the Police even be empowered to move you on? Would they want to?
    I think the police can as it's private land. any other sit in protest (ie ban the bomb) they have picked people up and dragged them away from the land.
  • Sponsored links:

• A walkout after 2% of the game has been played. 4.5 minutes isn't it ?
  • I/we sat on the East terrace before the Stoke game in 1985 and I'm happy to sit in again.

The police moved us from the terrace in a very "gentle" way. We just got up and sat down elsewhere, for quite a while.

I/we then went on the pitch at half time. But back then, there wasn't a threat of being banned.

Of course anyone who is happy to boycott indefinitely, should not necessarily be bothered by a ban.
  • not if but when we get relegated its time for mass disruption within the stadium, tennis balls on pitches, pitch invasions all things that will get the club fined or make them put extra security on that's the time to do it, 15,000 walking out of packed 50,000 stadium is noticeably 5 or 6000 walking out of a 27,000 capacity stadium which is 3 quarters empty wont have the same affect, if there was a protest the whole time the match was on and no one stepping foot in the stadium would have an affect but i cant see it happening.
  • radio 4 Today programme had one of the Liverpool fan reps on. He was asked if this could be a way forward for fans of other clubs. His reply was basically " only FAPL clubs" because of the guaranteed scrutiny of the TV cameras.

That said,the climb down was pretty spectacular. Hard to imagine such a humble message coming from our current regime.
  • My worry about a walkout is that it may happen at other Premier League clubs - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/08/fsf-premier-league-clubs-walkout-ticket-prices - if 9,000 of us do it the same week as a few spotty Nigels in Croydon, they'll get all the attention.
  • The only way this would work imo is if everyone just walked out and went to the car park to protest. Simply walking out and going home like Liverpool fans did, wont work.

agree, walk out at half time and protest in car park during second half. I'd be surprised if something similar wasn't being seriously considered by CARD.

I'd happily back something like that.....if it happens can we tell Jacko so that he can kick towards the covered end first half so that we see the better half ;)

1 min 48 seconds

1 min 48 seconds
    Thanks !
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree with others on here. Major in Stadium protest/disruption should not occur until relegation is confirmed. Surely we are Charlton fans first and foremost, although heaven knows they are a difficult club to support right now.
  • Mackle said:

Spanish said:

The risk being if it were not supported by a significant number it could have a detrimental effect. I am happy to support any protest if it gets our message across. I do however think someone from CARD should try and open a dialogue with the club. We can continue to protest but imo we should try and proactively engage with them. If RD, KM, RM et al decided to acknowledge us and put forward a programme to achieve some of our objectives i.e., start employing British, Championship experienced personnel then they would be answering one of our concerns. I don't believe we cannot achieve our objective under the current regime, but obviously they would need to make a huge U-Turn from the way we have seen the club being run

CAST has been asking for meaningful dialogue for quite some time and had nothing that lives up to meaningful.

And as far as British managers / championship experience is concerned, according to Katrien's interview in the Daily Mail Alan Curbishley applied for the position when Bob Peeters was sacked, but that the club had been vindicated by choosing Guy Luzon over a "fan favourite".

The most that we have had, is Katrien talking over people / abruptly interrupting them in during the fans forum in a way that suggests she's not interested in what they have to say, Tony Keohane refusing to call the Jimmy Seed stand the Jimmy Seed stand ("Tony it's called the Jimmy Seed stand!". "In the initial concept plans it's called the "South Stand") in the fans forum, and Richard Murray's Q&A statement that appears to have been made as a response to the media rather than to fans.

I really, really, want to know what the thinking was with Karel Fraeye. Who made the decision, who agreed at the time that it was the right decision. And how was that decision made. But we'll never have that disclosed. I think the Fraeye decision is a microcosm of how the current ownership are not good custodians of our club.
    Sorry, might have missed the interview in the daily mail......
    Any link please ?
    here you go. Third paragraph is where it says she admits Curbs was an applicant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3011169/Charlton-Athletic-chief-Katrien-Meire-admits-abuse-fans-frightening-says-excited-future-Valley.html
  • Mackle said:

Mackle said:

Points of order @Mackle

Thanks for the honesty and for clearing that up :)

Absoloutely outrageous behavior from Meire, but I'd imagine that her ranting could be quite funny to witness, like some strange comedy sketch
    My son found it quite funny as you might expect. Gawd knows what the members of her own staff who witnessed it thought, can't have been impressed by their CEOs lack of decorum, customer service skills or grasp of the law of slander.
  • Think we should get a couple of thousands whistles and all blow them at the same time, making the game unplayable.

Another good idea, but only when/if we are relegated.
  • A sit-in protest after the game would be my choice right now.

^This^
    must remember to pack me thermos cos the conditions are goona be rotten and I won't be spending any money at the ground obv
  • A sit-in protest after the game would be my choice right now.

^This^
    must remember to pack me thermos cos the conditions are goona be rotten and I won't be spending any money at the ground obv
    I'm bringing my pyjamas, it's gonna be a long one.
  • Card wants RD to sell up but he does have other options. There aren’t rules attached to this. If I was a neutral external consultant charged with advising how to get fans back onside and minimising season ticket losses, I would say openly admit to mistakes as Liverpool board have done. Pin as much as you can on Meire and sack her and bring in a new CEO who has a more respectful approach with fans. Allow Riga an emergency loan, and make it known that it was 100% his choice with no interference. Send the message that the aim is still the premiership and that lessons have been learned. That is a way in which I think the current owner could buy some patience – fair or not. But he is so arrogant, he won’t do it. Even if it destroys the supporter base of the club.

haven't they been saying for FAR too long that they acknowledge that they have made mistakes, underestimated the championship (how did you manage to do that MURRAY?????) & intend to start communicating with supporters etc etc

On what basis could they throw you out? Just sitting there is not a criminal offence, at worst it could be construed as a trespass. Which is a civil offence giving no grounds in itself to be manhandled.
    But I might be wrong, any legal Addicks out there who could clarify.
  • radio 4 Today programme had one of the Liverpool fan reps on. He was asked if this could be a way forward for fans of other clubs. His reply was basically " only FAPL clubs" because of the guaranteed scrutiny of the TV cameras.

That said,the climb down was pretty spectacular. Hard to imagine such a humble message coming from our current regime.

The fans protested and Liverpool climbed down on one specific thing, one small part of their pricing policy, something easy for everyone outside of the club to understand. And it's Liverpool, watched by millions around the world, let alone the UK. So far more embarrassment for the owners.

If Rotherham United fans staged a walkout this weekend, or Coventry fans would it attract the same attention and result, I sadly doubt it
  • iainment said:

Davo said a sit in wouldn't work well, because stewards and police would clear fans with relative ease.

On what basis could they throw you out? Just sitting there is not a criminal offence, at worst it could be construed as a trespass. Which is a civil offence giving no grounds in itself to be manhandled.
    But I might be wrong, any legal Addicks out there who could clarify.
    I would imagine / hope they'd just turn the floodlights off and get on with having a nice drink behind closed doors.