Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Graham Moore ... RIP

13»

Comments

• Options
    A very good player. He was part of the late 60s side that was close to achieving something. Tees, Tracey, Campbell, Went, Reeves, Curtis, Peacock, Wright a good side.
    Oh dear what have we now?
  • Options
    RIP indeed. Very sad to read this. I had the great pleasure to meet him several times in the pub he ran up to a few years ago. You know how it is when you meet your childhood heroes and I never really asked the questions I wanted. Nevertheless he had some good things to say about his time at Charlton and how the club helped him with the cost of knee replacements a few years earlier. He also kept in touch with Matt Tees and Len Glover who stayed at his pub when they went to York races. (The pub was the Bay Horse in Burythorpe in North Yorkshire)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Very sad news. Probably, my favourite player of all time. I still remember the goal he scored against Norwich which was probably the most violently struck goal I have ever seen. He played a one-two with Luciano Masiello and all you saw was the net ripple. The Norwich goalkeeper was an outfield player, who replaced the injured Norwich 'keeper, who, I think, was Kevin Keelan. I think it was the first shot he had to save - no chance!
    RIP Graham. A great player.
  • Options
    Oh dear, another hero bites the dust

RIP Graham and thanks for the fond memories
  • Options

Very sad news. Probably, my favourite player of all time. I still remember the goal he scored against Norwich which was probably the most violently struck goal I have ever seen. He played a one-two with Luciano Masiello and all you saw was the net ripple. The Norwich goalkeeper was an outfield player, who replaced the injured Norwich 'keeper, who, I think, was Kevin Keelan. I think it was the first shot he had to save - no chance!

Have to say I think that remains my favourite goal I have seen Charlton score at The Valley. He really got hold of it, didn't he :-)
  • Options

Crikey - yes - I was right behind that one - I think we scored two in a minute
  • Options
    RIP Graham.
  • Options
    A little bit before my time but impressive to hear the fond detail of specific performances being easily recalled. Can you imagine Charlton fans in 40-50 years time saying they remember many of today's players let alone individual performances? RIP Graham.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

So sad - He wasn't quite my boyhood footballing hero - that accolade must go to Alan Campbell

Not Bobby Goldthorpe ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic goal against Cardiff City in April 1969 when we won 4-1.

A great player too who was selected to appear for the Football League (alongside Charlton, Moore, Law etc) as well as Wales I seem to remember.

Sad loss. Amazing that we signed him and Theo Foley from Northampton Town in May 1967 for only £6,000!
  • Options
    I'm shocked. RIP Graham.

What a player he was for us.
  • Options
    What rotten news, a super footballer.
    Thanks for all those wonderful performances Graham, it was always good to see you play.
    Bless you.
  • Options
    Sad news, one of my favorites remember him playing midfield alongside Alan Campbell. Wish we had the likes of Graham now, we would be in a much better place. RIP.
  • Options
    This is very sad, great memories of him. Sometimes the ball seemed to be stuck under his feet.
    I remember shouting out to him come on get rid of it. He proceeded to send a seventy yard diagonal ball which sent Peacock on his way. That shut me up!
    If the oppo's took a liberty with Alan Campbell, they would get a visit from the Tank at some stage. RIP Graham
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Played so effectively alongside Alan Campbell in the team that should have been promoted... superb footballer with a great touch for such a big lad; loved watching him play. RIP Graham.
  • Options
    One of my footballing hero’s.
    Saw him play for Wales against England at Wembley while he was playing for us.
    Good footballer.
    The creative type we need today.
    Graham Moore and Alan Campbell, what a combination.
  • Options
    A softly spoken gent as I remember when queueing for his autograph
    I can remember the Cardiff game well Graham was mustard
    Deepest condolences to his family
  • Options

So sad - He wasn't quite my boyhood footballing hero - that accolade must go to Alan Campbell

Not Bobby Goldthorpe ?
    Well he was a bit of a cult figure - always rated him in the "so bad he was good" category.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I was standing right behind the Covered End goal that day, a couple of weeks before Christmas 1969 - one of my never to be forgotten Charlton memories.

The bit you've missed out was the early build up; I hope you don't mind if I elaborate ....... Charlie Wright started the move from a high goalkick into the centrecircle, before an amazing zigzag sequence of heading tennis between Charlton players cut through the Norwich midfield - then Moore brought the ball down finding Masiello wide left, continued his run to the D and met Masiello's driven cross first time on the run.

It truly was a spectacular build up and goal; the perfect training ground routine completed to perfection.
    If the TV cameras had been present, it would still be talked about today. Not one Norwich player touched the ball.

• Options
    Weird like many others I can name that team / squad
    Wright
    Curtis
    Went
    Keirs
    Kinsey
    Campbell
    Moore
    Gregory
    Tees
    Tracey
    Peacock
    Crawford

They only had one good season. The next two were long long struggles against religation with religation the next. So why do they stay in the memory? Maybe something to do with the fact there was no social media , no magazines( Goal being the only one) hardly any TV---- maybe they were distant and more " star" like or maybe they didn't get paid much and with no media as such they were closer to the fans.

They did give it a real go something that seems beyond today's group( team don't make me laugh)

• Options
    Minutes applause planned for Saturday I'm pleased to hear.
  • Options

Weird like many others I can name that team / squad

Not forgetting Peter Reeves, who used to play alongside Paul Went - quality player who sadly had to retire far too early.
  • Options
    Supporters of Charlton and Cardiff City are both invited to join in a minute’s applause before kick-off at The Valley tomorrow to remember Graham Moore.

The former Welsh international, who represented both the Bluebirds and the Addicks, passed away on Tuesday evening at the age of 74.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/graham-moore-charlton-athletic-cardiff-city-2951928.aspx#uuOBlbvZPyuqTv4V.99
  • Options
    The start of his Charlton career coincided with my first days at the Valley. His influence in the midfield lives with me to this day and was responsible for my love of the big powerful and skilfull midfielder. A few have come close over the years such as Mark Aizlewood and Don McAlister when he moved into midfield. But Graham is still top of the list in my mind. RIP Graham and thank you for the memories.
  • Options
    This is good Caerphilly ! Our Graham in a Tv add on ITV which was bit weird as he was hardly an big star even though a Welsh international. RIP big fellow, my first memories are of Graham Moore, a Legend in my world.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Great memories of a great player RIP