Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Graham Moore ... RIP

Comments

• Options
    Rip
  • Options
    He was in the first team I ever saw, very sad news. R.I.P. Graham
  • Options
    Just the sort of player we need now, hard and not afraid to tackle, an inspirational character......JJ with TEETH.
  • Options
    He was in Caerphilly cheese advert, I seem to remember.
  • Options
    I seem to remember that seemed to run in a very upright way like he was standing up straight, but a very good strong player
  • Options
    R I P
  • Options

RIP one of my all time favourite players. My sign in on old club site was Graham Moore rules. .

You were Waggy's mum!! :-).

RIP Graham
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I seem to remember that seemed to run in a very upright way like he was standing up straight, but a very good strong player

He did indeed. A very distinctive running style.

A midfielder (inside forward) capable both of mixing it physically, which they did far more back then than now, but skilful and creative too.

He and Alan Campbell made a fine pair in midfield to use today's vernacular.

• Options
    One of my early heroes. One of the very few "full internationals" we had back in those days. Always played with a swagger about him. RIP Graham
  • Options
    My first Charlton captain and so proud he was on front of this sticker album albeit facing the wrong way.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GH5p1lZDT-k/UQAl3i9t4uI/AAAAAAAAH6o/PoigVJCvNTc/s1600/fks-soccer-stars-7071-01.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
  • Options
    edited February 2016
  • Options
    Looking sharp with Bobby and Eddie......
    #OTD 1963 Graham Moore #CFC #BobbyMoore #WHUFC & Eddie Firmani #CAFC model hats bit.ly/1gEsoVq #mensfashion
  • Options
    Loved watching 'the Tank' in my young days watching at the Valley RIP Graham
  • Options
    RIP The Tank
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Graham
    One of the nicest memories about him, apart from his rocket shot, was the expression his skills used to put on the face of my mate's dad who took us to games. He bloody loved him, and would break into this huge grin and shake his head with a happy chuckle at one of Graham's passes or his ability to keep the ball in midfield.
    It was him and Eamonn Rodgers that had that effect :-)
  • Options
    RIP Graham.
  • Options
    One of my first Charlton heroes, a very classy player one he'll of a shot on him thankyou for the pleasure you gave cafc fans the efforts of the current excuses for players wearing the shirt pale by comparison sincerest condolences
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great first touch - read the game wonderfully - was a treat to watch. As others have posted a player of his ability / class / vision would be very welcome now. Always thought Graham came to the valley at the right time in his career. We might not have seen the best of him, but he what we did see was great.
    RIP
  • Options
    lolwray said:

One of my first Charlton heroes, a very classy player one he'll of a shot on him thankyou for the pleasure you gave cafc fans the efforts of the current excuses for players wearing the shirt pale by comparison sincerest condolences

Well said lolwray, the players were different class in those days.
  • Options
    The man was CLASS.....We called him The Tank,reliable Always willing to work for the team and a shoot that could almost break the back of the net.An easter game against Cardiff City which had the TV cameras been at The Valley would have been GOAL OF THE DECADE.I would say he was the Welsh Bobby Moore he was so cool on the ball and his passes perfect.As a young fan at the time he would Always have time for a chat and Always made you welcome.The Gentleman that was Graham Moore.To his family fill pride and enjoyment that he gave this young fan.

RIP GRAHAM MOORE .......with a tear in my eye gone BUT NEVER FORGOTEN.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    "He's here, He's there , He's every f******* where Graham Moore"

So long Tank and thanks for a memory that always made me smile when I reminisced about the team in the late 60's & early 70's
  • Options
    Very sad news - RIP

He enjoyed an excellent central midfield partnership with Alan Campbell in the 68/69 side. A really tough tackler, with a powerful shot. I also always enjoyed watching him in the Home Internationals, which were some of the very few live TV games in those days.

It's fitting that we're playing Cardiff on Saturday, his very first league club where it all began back in the late 50s.
  • Options

RIP one of my all time favourite players. My sign in on old club site was Graham Moore rules. .

You were Waggy's mum!! :-).

RIP Graham
    You thought I was!
  • Options
    RIP Graham one of my first Charlton heroes... not many international players in the early '70's teams.
  • Options
    RIP. Loved that team of the late 60s. Special memories.
  • Options
    RIP

Fitting that Saturday's match is between the club where he made the most appearances, and the club where he started his professional career