Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is there anything lower than rock-bottom?

2»

Comments

• League 2 also rans in two seasons will be lower than rock bottom.
  • edited February 2016
    pickwick said:

Pompey are a lot lower, and I think the team we have played the most in the league. They are supporting both regime and team though.

Because there the fans are the regime (Unless they sold up?)

Also it was Pompey we'd played most but been overtaken by Middlesborough
  • With the booing and getting on the players' backs I don't actively participate in any ironic jeering, but if they've had a bad game I find it very hard to hold back. I remember going mental a few years back at Scunthorpe away when we lost 1-0 and Ambrose failed to get a corner past the first man 3 times. I was standing quite close to him and just let rip.

I don't agree that the environment should be such that the players get jumped on as soon as they make a mistake, but some of them just infuriate you. It's very hard sometimes
  • Molten lava bottom?
  • Which coincidentally is me after the phal I had last night...
  • edited February 2016
    Was talking to my fiancee in the car to work and even then considered the team that would play in League One.

Henderson / Pope
    Solly ... Lennon ... X ... Fox / THD
    X ... Cousins ... Jackson ... Harriott
    X ... X

No doubt Gudmundsson / Watt / Vetokele would be sold which should help balance the books... wouldnt be surprised to see Ba / Bergdich also on the way out whilst it would remain to be seen whether Henderson and Makienok remain with a club they apparently enjoy playing for.

Of course if we do go down I'd be surprised to see Lookman stay (If we survive there is a slim chance he'd still be with us next season)

I also believe that Cousins has more loyalty than many give him credit for and dont believe he'd be off the moment relegation, that means we'd be left with the above squad, a team that has experience in League One and I believe has the experience to more than hold its own and possibly get back out of it.

Even if the likes of Fox and THD were sold (even Cousins), we've more than enough talent coming through our U21s that would benefit from League One just like it benefited Chris Solly and his development (i.e. Charles-Cook / Ahearne-Grant / Kenneth Yao / Archie Edwards / George Lapslie / Ezra Konsa) so rock bottom is still miles away for me.
  • I'd have thought Teixara would fill your other enteral defence slot seeing as he's on contract until he is 100.

Ahearne-grant and Umerah as strikers.

Not sure about wide right.
  • I'd have thought Teixara would fill your other enteral defence slot seeing as he's on contract until he is 100.

Ahearne-grant and Umerah as strikers.

Not sure about wide right.

Good point I forgot about Umerah... I left the Striker / Right-Mid positions blank because I wasnt sure if the current names are quite there (i.e. Ahearne-Grant didnt even make the bench for Cambridge on Saturday).

I do wonder if Teixeira will be around if we get relegated though... You'd also got Bauer on the wage bill too so there are plenty of good players who'll be an asset either on the pitch or will be lovely looking pound signs.

Would Alou Diarra want to drop down a Division?
  • edited February 2016

Was talking to my fiancee in the car to work and even then considered the team that would play in League One.

Henderson / Pope
    Solly ... Lennon ... X ... Fox / THD
    X ... Cousins ... Jackson ... Harriott
    X ... X

No doubt Gudmundsson / Watt / Vetokele would be sold which should help balance the books... wouldnt be surprised to see Ba / Bergdich also on the way out whilst it would remain to be seen whether Henderson and Makienok remain with a club they apparently enjoy playing for.

Of course if we do go down I'd be surprised to see Lookman stay (If we survive there is a slim chance he'd still be with us next season)

I also believe that Cousins has more loyalty than many give him credit for and dont believe he'd be off the moment relegation, that means we'd be left with the above squad, a team that has experience in League One and I believe has the experience to more than hold its own and possibly get back out of it.

Even if the likes of Fox and THD were sold (even Cousins), we've more than enough talent coming through our U21s that would benefit from League One just like it benefited Chris Solly and his development (i.e. Charles-Cook / Ahearne-Grant / Kenneth Yao / Archie Edwards / George Lapslie / Ezra Konsa) so rock bottom is still miles away for me.

I can't see why another club would not come in for Henderson and Solly if (when) we go down, or why they shouldn't take the chance to move somewhere less shambolic while their stock is (relatively) high. I suspect Harriott and definitely Lookman as well. And I bet we'd hang on to Fox! In Henderson's case I hope we'd all wish him well. Imagine what our goal difference would be without him. And who'd have done the interview after the Huddersfield match?
  • Stephen Henderson has shoulder problems which could put off a few clubs, even if he goes I've more than enough confidence in Nick Pope to manage at League One level... Chris Solly again could go but again I wonder if he'd pass a medical.

Callum Harriott is my biggest question mark from the current crop of players...

Along with Dillon Phillips and Joe Pigott he's out of Contract in the summer, if we survive then maybe you could see all three depart on Free Transfers, if we did go down you'd maybe want all three (minus Pigott maybe) to stay
  • Sponsored links:

• Whoever they are I think it is safe to say Cousins, Lookman, Vetokele and Gudmundsson will go, after these another six.

So come the opening day of the season we'll probably start with five players making their debuts.

As is likely we'll be in League 1 I reckon there'll be an about turn in recruitment and we'll see a flurry of British based players.

The bottom two divisions are predominantly British. I hope my theory is right as heaven forbid the 'quality' of imports coming over for a scrap in League 1.
  • Sand(y) Bottom is below Rock Bottom
  • PL54 said:

Sand(y) Bottom is below Rock Bottom

Yawn