Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD STATEMENT 9/2/16 - Bumper protest day on Saturday against Cardiff City + NEW VIDEO

CARD is planning another busy day of action at The Valley on Saturday, with the return of the 5pm post-match protest - and something a little extra to be announced at midday.

The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet is calling for another huge turnout of fans in the west stand car park after the match, but we’ve decided to add a little twist this time, which we’ll reveal on the day. We think you’ll like it.

We’re also asking for volunteers to help with another major distribution exercise to arriving fans before the game, so if you can help from 1pm onwards and haven’t yet provided your contact details then please drop us an email at charlton.card@yahoo.co.uk.

This is additional to the copies of a new Trust News being distributed by our friends from the Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust, so there will be plenty going on before the game.

Naturally we were concerned to read the speculation that chief executive Katrien Meire would be leaving the club and we’re thrilled to read on the BBC, Guardian, Daily Mail, Independent, and South London Press websites that she’ll still be there to enjoy this weekend’s protests.

Thanks for making that so very clear, Katrien, with your statement on the club site last night. Sadly, CARD can’t take the credit for your official resignation. Yet.

CARD doesn’t promote or endorse actions that break the law and the police have asked to us to make clear that they will look to arrest any individual who brings a flare to the protest. We promise it will be colourful enough without them.

In the meantime, you’ll have seen the first of our posters that went up opposite Makro in Charlton at the weekend. Here’s the story if you missed it - and rest assured that we have plenty more surprises lined up over the coming days, weeks and months.

We’re very grateful for your support to date, including donations made to the protest fund. But if you are able to contribute financially then more information is available here.

In the meantime, here’s our latest video to remind you why #WeWantOurCharltonBack - be sure to spread it far and wide on social media. Thanks!

Comments

• Best video yet. But guess I would say that...
  • This is fantastic!

Charlton fans! A DIFFERENT BREED OF FANS!!!
  • Brilliant but also so sadly true.
  • I did think the last one needed some kind of audio, couldn't have picked a better ditty myself. Consider my hat doffed.
  • I will be at Wolfsburg v Munchengladbach but with you all in spirit - make it massive !
  • What are they so upset about? I thought they were the model club.
  • Feeling the pressure isn't she?
  • Sponsored links:

• limeygent said:

Feeling the pressure isn't she?

That's what hit me, she sounded pretty rough there - quite defensive and guarded too. Good.
  • Good luck all. Onwards and upwards and look forward to hearing how it unfolds.
  • Am I the only one on here who can't get the video to play? Have tried on both iPad and lap
  • well done CARD excellent video, good luck for Saturday unfortuneately just can't afford the trip yet again but with you in spirit
  • As she says if I went to a restaurant and had crap food would I complain? Maybee not but I wouldn't go back
    That's why I've only been to only 1 game!
    Not been back since
    But ur still not getting it are you km
  • edited February 2016
    Great video. What occasion captured those bare-faced lies? I can't remember seeing this before. Some CEO!
  • Great video. What occasion captured those bare-faced lies? I can't remember seeing this before. Some CEO!

Just after the Luzon appointment and "20 interviews" debacle, I think.

• edited February 2016
    Thanks Weegie. Some time ago then so not indicating her current mood.
  • Would love to be there but will be following CL with interest from the ward at a research facility where I am taking part in a clinical trial. Will be there to volunteer at the Reading game.
  • Sponsored links:

• the police have asked to us to make clear that they will look to arrest any individual who brings a flare to the protest. We promise it will be colourful enough without them.

Not endorsing this or planning it in anyway, but under what basis can they arrest you for holding a flare a few hundred (at most) feet from the Stadium? I'm guessing they mean if you've lit one.

Anyway, flares a no-go. Who's got the smoke bombs? : ---)
  • That video is superb.

Katrien or Powelly - who ya gonna believe? Good to see the slippery rhetoric of the CEO dubbed so precisely to the Gospel of truth that is Chris Powell.
  • Keep chipping away and they will crack :)

• Fully support the dedication and commitment of everyone in trying to encourage these dreadful heartless people to take their failed social experiments, their arrogance and their lies elsewhere. It also makes me feel quite heartbroken that the core spirit of it all, developed over many decades has already been dug up, mangled and destroyed to achieve nothing...absolutely nothing.

I would not support it even if the Roly system (or whatever it is) actually worked but the tragic bit is that is doesn't. Not even slightly.

How many would even swap this spineless crap for the terrible night that Bailly blasted the penalty over the bar against Swindon Town in League 1 and we all knew we had another season of Bury away. It was awful but at least it was real.

Wish I could be with you and can only hope these useless tossers have well and truly buggered off by the time I have a chance to get to the Valley in May.

Actually enjoyed Bury away! For the fact that we stayed at the Village Inn and found the team where also staying there! :-D
  • the police have asked to us to make clear that they will look to arrest any individual who brings a flare to the protest. We promise it will be colourful enough without them.

Not endorsing this or planning it in anyway, but under what basis can they arrest you for holding a flare a few hundred (at most) feet from the Stadium? I'm guessing they mean if you've lit one.

Anyway, flares a no-go. Who's got the smoke bombs? : ---)
    Smoke bombs and flares fall under the same legislation and the car park is considered part of the football ground, you don't have to be going into the actual stadium to have comitted an offence. Technically you can also be nicked in the street if ob think you're going to the ground
  • Uboat said:

What are they so upset about? I thought they were the model club.

ticket prices i believe for away matches.