Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT 9/2/16 - Bumper protest day on Saturday against Cardiff City + NEW VIDEO

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant. She's obviously a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    Hats off to all.

Was aware of all of these comments but to see them all together is very telling.

The accusation will be that they are all taken out of context.

Haha.

I had forgotten or not noticed before that the American 'franchise with fans' guy was shaking his head while she was talking.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

I see that all the pies that they have left over after our in-stadium spend boycott are now being given away free after the Cardiff game on Saturday!

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-fans-bar-cardiff-city-2950645.aspx#K607GP4rr5kxQE9A.99

I'd check the sell by date if I were you!

PS Maybe CARD should counter this by asking fans to boycott the after-match fans bar?

Purchase 200 pints to get a free pie? Bargain.
  • Options
    Another pathetic attempt to pursuade fans not to join in the protest after the match. Good idea to go in afterwards, relax and enjoy for the freebies. Be careful with the free pies though!
  • Options
    Great videos, copied and posted on social media. There in spirit if not body.
  • Options
    We know the right thing to do is to support the team, but for many of us unconditional was passed by ages ago.
    How offer can you go to the well before it runs dry?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

We know the right thing to do is to support the team, but for many of us unconditional was passed by ages ago.

Well Seth I understand the point you're making but if that is the case then relegation is a certainty and what a disaster that will be. It took three years to get promoted last time, but look how long it is taking Sheffield United to get up.

This relegation threat is as great as the ownership issue, probably bigger in the short term. I think we as fans are sleep walking into it. If there is such a thing as the "twelfth man effect" then last week against Bristol we were the opposite.

The good news is that we can put it right tomorrow.

• Options
    James46 said:

seth plum said:

Well Seth I understand the point you're making but if that is the case then relegation is a certainty and what a disaster that will be. It took three years to get promoted last time, but look how long it is taking Sheffield United to get up.

This relegation threat is as great as the ownership issue, probably bigger in the short term. I think we as fans are sleep walking into it. If there is such a thing as the "twelfth man effect" then last week against Bristol we were the opposite.

The relegation threat is a direct result of the ownership issue. I hope it can be avoided, but there is no indication that "The Shareholder" has ever acted in a way that would remove the threat, and this season it looks like being a reality.
  • Options
    NornIrishAddick.........Of course you are right...its the fault of the owner. But we aren't down yet. Last Saturday was a crucial relegation battle which the team flopped in. It was a tight game that we could have won if they had played with a bit more confidence which would surely have come if the "Support the Team" part of the slogan had been followed up. Maybe the "support the team" bit should be dropped from the slogan...it was an empty promise last week after all.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

James46 said:

seth plum said:

The relegation threat is a direct result of the ownership issue. I hope it can be avoided, but there is no indication that "The Shareholder" has ever acted in a way that would remove the threat, and this season it looks like being a reality.
    Not to mention, if we do get relegated then I cannot see us coming back up under this ownership.

At this point in time I fail to see any situation other than relegation come May, and I blame the Katrien & Roland for being in this situation.
  • Options
    James46 said:

NornIrishAddick.........Of course you are right...its the fault of the owner. But we aren't down yet. Last Saturday was a crucial relegation battle which the team flopped in. It was a tight game that we could have won if they had played with a bit more confidence which would surely have come if the "Support the Team" part of the slogan had been followed up. Maybe the "support the team" bit should be dropped from the slogan...it was an empty promise last week after all.

But what happens if, by some miracle he's at the game? I'd chant against him for the full 90.
  • Options
    James46 said:

But what happens if, by some miracle he's at the game? I'd chant against him for the full 90.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Another pathetic attempt to pursuade fans not to join in the protest after the match. Good idea to go in afterwards, relax and enjoy for the freebies. Be careful with the free pies though!

Why is it a good idea to go in afterwards ? To get a free pie you have to buy a pint, buy a pint you're supporting the regime.

Unfortunately there's still plenty who will go in there, no doubt some with their free black & white scarves ! I certainly think that many people are boycotting the bars at half time, possibly because of the flyers distributed recently. Perhaps another leaflet drop of "Boycott Crossbars" is neccesary.
  • Options
    I see massimo has had a protest billboard removed by threatening legal action against the production company on grounds of harassment. wonder if SF is aware of our billboard.
  • Options
    James46 said:

seth plum said:

Getting new owners is all that matters. The worse the atmosphere in the ground the better. Reclaim the Valley.
  • Options
    I want the team to stay in the Championship, but I want RD gone. Stupidly, maybe, I think we can achieve both. We are all pissed off with RD, no so more than me, but I don't want to see the team in League. Its a conundrum, but I fear like others, if we go down, we will be a long time coming back with this prat in charge!! I don't know the answer, but if I were there, which I will be in a couple of weeks, I'll support the team as loudly as I can, and then be a right pain in the arse from 4.45 onward towards the 'disingenuous' prats in the bar!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the twist???
  • Options
    goota wait another 3 minutes
  • Options
    It's Pinocchio Day!
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

What's the twist???

A dance from the late fifties.
  • Options
    I, like many others, hate the thought of us being relegated. If, by some miracle, we manage to avoid the drop then I have no doubt that under the present clowns we'll be in the same position next year, or the year after. Is that what we really want? The only chance of progress is keep the protests going, or escalate them, in order to rid ourselves of this disease.