Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD STATEMENT 9/2/16 - Bumper protest day on Saturday against Cardiff City + NEW VIDEO

Comments

• Just an idea but how about printing 1000 Katrien Meire masks to hand out in the day?

Why ? Isn't one squirrel face enough ?
    I just think it would wind her up that's all
  • CAFCsayer said:

Get a 50ft Belgian flag and burn it at the protest

Whilst I'm in no way anti-Belgium, an act against the country, like burning their flag in a well-publicised event, may cause his countrymen to question RD and his motives in more detail and apply the sort of pressure that we can't.
  • Davo55 said:

And any support we might want to get from Belgian fans/media would probably disappear

I don't get the impression that the Belgian media are anti-RD yet. Yes, they are reporting the stories but we need to turn them against him, to ask difficult questions.
  • Hex said:

CAFCsayer said:

Whilst I'm in no way anti-Belgium, an act against the country, like burning their flag in a well-publicised event, may cause his countrymen to question RD and his motives in more detail and apply the sort of pressure that we can't.
    Demonstration at the Belgian embassy?
  • Borrowed this from another campaign and adapted to make KM user friendly.
  • Streakers on the pitch wearing Roland or Katrien masks! For no other reason other than publicity

Streakers on the pitch wearing Roland or Katrien masks! For no other reason other than publicity

Good idea....don't let me stop you.
  • Hex said:

CAFCsayer said:

Demonstration at the Belgian embassy?
    With a mobile billboard ?
  • Sponsored links:

• thank you that is very kind, I suffer from MS and find standing for anything over 10 mins very painful, the last couple of Valley visits have worn me down a bit so thank you for the offer but no thanks, if anyone has a any spare cash then please donate to the CARD protest.

Lancashire - I too unfortunately suffer from MS. After 40 plus years being a regular down The Valley, I went down with MS and am lucky to see us twice a season now. Am hoping my new drugs improve things so I can see us more.
  • Tom_Hovi said:

Flag burning is very emotive. Do that and you risk being seen as xenophobic half wits as well as instantly losing the support of like minded Belgian supporters of Liege and Sint Truiden.

I'm not proposing flag burning ...... but ..... is having Belgian supporters on our side likely to result in RD selling ? I would suggest pressure from the wider Belgian public, angry that RD's actions are dragging their country into disrepute, is much more likely to do that.
  • Apparently Roland is here. Maybe he will be at the Cardiff game.
  • Could be old...was put on the Facebook group.
  • We haven't got an issue with Belgium - so I don't think we should disrespect their flag.

No, we haven't got an issue with Belgium but RD is a significant individual in that country and what he does internationally reflects on Belgium. I am sure he would take note if his CAFC related actions were brought to the attention of the wider Belgian public rather than just those that read the sports pages.

Got any ideas how to do that ?
  • ChiAddick said:

Apparently Roland is here. Maybe he will be at the Cardiff game.

Ha Ha Ha Ha, I do like a good laugh, thank you
  • Just an idea but how about printing 1000 Katrien Meire masks to hand out in the day?

Why ? Isn't one squirrel face enough ?
    I just think it would wind her up that's all
    Maybe, but it could be turned around to say she has support amongst some of CAFC ? .............. besides how would we know which one to abuse ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Why burn the Belgian flag ? Cardboard cut outs of Roland Rat and his puppet yes agree with that

Strange that Plod took no notice of the flares set off by Bristol City on Saturday----- o of course it's Charlton and an easy nick ---- fecking pathetic
  • Top Ten Blunders. Brilliant!!
  • Love the music to the original video.

Just undermines what little credibility squirrel face has left.
  • I see that all the pies that they have left over after our in-stadium spend boycott are now being given away free after the Cardiff game on Saturday!

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-fans-bar-cardiff-city-2950645.aspx#K607GP4rr5kxQE9A.99

I'd check the sell by date if I were you!

PS Maybe CARD should counter this by asking fans to boycott the after-match fans bar?
  • Brilliant videos ! Well done to all concerned.

Surely not even the dimmest ostrich can continue to do what he does best now !!!
  • Pedro45 said:

I see that all the pies that they have left over after our in-stadium spend boycott are now being given away free after the Cardiff game on Saturday!

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-fans-bar-cardiff-city-2950645.aspx#K607GP4rr5kxQE9A.99

So nothing to do with the timing of a post-match protest then...

Would be good to hear about an empty bar, and them not getting shot of the free pies until 6pm.