Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Super Bowl 50

Who's watching?

Panthers or Broncos?

I'm hoping for a Panthers win but think the Broncos will edge it.

CL supported teams (as far as I know) we have 4 Broncos and 0 Panthers in our collective.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Has there been a huge fuss over it being the 50th one?
  • Options
    Carolina for me .. though the Broncos will be desperate to seek salvation after the recent SB hammering from Seattle .. incidentally, for those who didn't know, other than on Sky, the game is free on the BBC TV ..I'm a poet and don't know it ((:>) .. enjoy
  • Options
    Can't see Broncos winning unless the Panthers completely freeze.

On a side note nice to see the Snake finally get into the Hall of Fame albeit posthumously.

• Options
    My money's on Coldplay
  • Options
    Will the winners be world champions ?
  • Options
    Think the Panthers are going to win comfortably unless as mentioned above they freeze
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

My money's on Coldplay

are they doing the 1/2 time show ? .. f f s having to put up with them in the early hours is just tooooo much of a depressing thought ((:<) ((:>)
  • Options
    Help send you to sleep Lincs..........
  • Options
    The office company we rent space off of are screening it. Big projector, free food and booze.
    Maaayyyy pop down for a bit..
  • Options
    I think it'll be the Panthers. They deserve it. I'd quite like to see Manning go out on top though. Should be a good game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"An average NFL professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes"

Think I'll be either chewing cactus or watching paint dry!!
  • Options

I'm the opposite. I'm picking the Broncos for Manning and co. but think the Panthers have too much quality at both ends. Broncos will have to hope the best team of the year performs below par to have any chance of a win.
  • Options
    What is the equivalent for cricket?
  • Options
    Will be watching for as long as can stay awake

Am expecting a blow out
    Panthers to win by 18 points.
  • Options
    As a Chief I can not make myself like or support the Broncos. So I am going for the Panthers.

I do think the Panthers are the better of the two teams and come from the stronger conference. Wouldn't be surprised if Manning gets the fairy tale ending though.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Each year i say i'm going to watch my one American Football game of the year and each year i fall asleep way before it ends . I'm going to try to last out the whole 5 hours tonight and try to undrestand what's going on at the same time.
  • Options
    I don't care who wins so will enjoy a rare superbowl as a complete neutral. Expecting a tight, fairly low scoring game, panthers to win by 4
  • Options

I'm the opposite. I'm picking the Broncos for Manning and co. but think the Panthers have too much quality at both ends. Broncos will have to hope the best team of the year performs below par to have any chance of a win.
    Going by your form this year Callum I think I can start celebrating a Panthers win now.
  • Options
    Panthers fan for the night #anyonebutbroncos
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You do know it's not real right?

Oh sorry that's the other one.
  • Options
    I pray its not going to be a blow out, the Broncos absolutely must stop the Panthers getting off to their usual flyer. If the Panthers go up by more than 10 at any point it with be curtains for Manning & co
  • Options
    In SF this year (actually Santa Clara but who's splitting hairs).

21 degrees and clear blue sky today so perfect for football.

I think the Panthers will win unless the Broncos defense bottles them up like they did with the Patriots in the AFC Championship game.
  • Options

Each year i say i'm going to watch my one American Football game of the year and each year i fall asleep way before it ends . I'm going to try to last out the whole 5 hours tonight and try to undrestand what's going on at the same time.

You should probably avoid the halftime show if you want to stay awake this year
  • Options

Usually superbowls are pretty turgid affairs, I'd suggest watching one of the lunchtime kickoffs when they play about 6pm UK time and watch a relatively high scoring team like the Pats, Cardinals or Panthers, that way you'll get into it more
  • Options
    Who's going to win? Bet365 is open and ready
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    My appreciation for the sport has increased 10 fold since moving to Canada and watched more of it and started to appreciate the rules and tactics a little bit, although I take more of an interest in the CFL simply because I have a local team to support.

It's a good sport, and actually rattles along at a good pace as long as they're focussing on the play. It's the fucking adverts that ruin it.

Today is big out here, and huge in the States - it's like a family holiday. People throw parties and devote the whole day to it. Watching the build up on CBS makes me sad for the demise of the FA Cup and the way that the Premiet League and Champions League have totally devalued that competition and what used to be the show piece occasion in the domestic sporting calendar. There's a lot to be said for building the whole season towards a big one off event like this.

Cheering for the Broncos just for the Simpsons reference and the fairy tale end for Manning.

http://youtu.be/s_FyNIXFJ-M
  • Options
    Carolina has been the best team in the league all season and have to be clear favourites. If the Denver D can stop Cam Newton the way they stopped Tom Brady they have a chance but I think that the Carolina firepower will win the day in the end. I'll go 24-17 Panthers.