Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

For god sake GET OFF Jacko's back

edited February 2016 in General Charlton
Okay Johnnie hasn't been at his best late but he is being dragged down by what RD has brought in. He has dug out of a hole before and he will dig us out of a hole again. Even if we go down this season there will be another Jacko moment this season. He has been used to things when the chips are up but this is probably the lowest they have been. He is our skipper and he lead the refund situation. Just leave him alone for crying out loud.

Comments

• Jacko is a Charlton legend, but he was terrible today. He didn't add anything going forward, and defensively was completely behind play.

I thought the referee was quite generous to him, giving him a good talking to rather than an earlier booking, as if the ref realised that while he was making lots of fouls, it wasn't malicious play just someone who's legs were half a yard slow :-(
  • Guarantee he's gonna score the winner next Saturday now
  • edited February 2016
    No Pierre, Louis and Suzanne in Bruges are ok.
  • I doubt Jacko thought he'd be playing as much as he is.
    Some young whipper snapper would, and should,be pushing him out of the side. Probably a couple of seasons before now as well.

But there is NOBODY! And Roland's not in the business of going out and getting somebody. Poyet's probably lost what he once had
    and the rest of the Carlos can'tkickaballs are not up to much either.

Jacko is helping us out.He knows his legs have gone and he's struggling to keep up with the pace.

But do you know what.I think he loves this club as much as we do and he will do anything he can to help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Hi Mrs Jackson - Johnnie not a happy bunny tonight? Was he as late for dinner as he was for his tackles today?

You are one strange character.
  • Such is the love for Jacko that Riga is reluctant to leave him out of the team. But if we want to stay up, he is going to have to. Jacko is no longer up to 90 minutes in midfield every week, the midfield is constantly getting overrun. The thing we are lacking more than anything is an energetic, nippy midfielder who can run at the opposition defence. He needs to find a solution to that problem very quickly. The only answer that I can see is to move JBG inside
  • edited February 2016
    My CV is second to none in praising JJ and what he has done for this club,
    and continues to do. (the antithesis of colin !)

Should he have started yesterday ?

I said at 5 to 3 yesterday that i would have gone with Poyet instead of Jackson. More to do with Diego and what he should be able to do.
    (get about the field quicker)

The fans overall are being very loyal to JJ,
    Shame they don't show that to some other players.
  • It explains a lot. With me on his back he'd be travelling very, very slowly indeed.
  • City played 5 in the middle hence why our central 2 were over run and we switched our formation to what I think was 451 with bergditch switching sides, Lookman wide and JBG in behind Mak.

Still didn't work.
  • Time for a rest for Jack. We need legs and he doesn't have them anymore. Play him from the bench with 15 to go would be the best option.
  • colin1961 said:

Okay Johnnie hasn't been at his best late but he is being dragged down by what RD has brought in. He has dug out of a hole before and he will dig us out of a hole again. Even if we go down this season there will be another Jacko moment this season. He has been used to things when the chips are up but this is probably the lowest they have been. He is our skipper and he lead the refund situation. Just leave him alone for crying out loud.

Why should he be let off when player like Fox gets booed off , both were had very poor games ....
    Hope you show all players the same sentiment when they play badly but I bet I know the answer to that one !!
    What a ridiculous comment. Jackson is a long-serving player who has often given his all for the club. He had a bad game. I suspect he was acutely aware of that, Fox is a constant underperformer who has been found out time and time again. Jackson has a reserve of goodwill which he has earned. Fox doesn't.
  • edited February 2016
    colin1961 said:

Why should he be let off when player like Fox gets booed off , both were had very poor games ....
    Hope you show all players the same sentiment when they play badly but I bet I know the answer to that one !!
    C'mon Col get the facts right, just once this year, please. You must have been there, Fox was ironically cheered off not booed ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Such is the love for Jacko that Riga is reluctant to leave him out of the team. But if we want to stay up, he is going to have to. Jacko is no longer up to 90 minutes in midfield every week, the midfield is constantly getting overrun. The thing we are lacking more than anything is an energetic, nippy midfielder who can run at the opposition defence. He needs to find a solution to that problem very quickly. The only answer that I can see is to move JBG inside

I'd be surprised if Poyet doesn't start next week, in a defensive role in front of the back 4.
  • If we go down, Jacko is going to be our most important player to bring us back up.
  • RedChaser said:

colin1961 said:

C'mon Col get the facts right, just once this year, please. You must have been there, Fox was ironically cheered off not booed ffs.
    That's a heroic assumption.

You are talking about the guy who, with not a hint of irony, let alone a smiley, would on Glynne's mailing list give his player marks out of 10 based on what he heard from a radio commentary.

• sorry to say jackson was poor he should play behind the front two because he has goals in him give him the number ten roll
  • dizzee said:

If we go down, Jacko is going to be our most important player to bring us back up.

Still wouldn't play a 34 year old Jacko in league one. I would however give him a run as assistant first team coach and have him on the bench. Invaluable experience.
  • I absolutely adore Jacko - he's still my laptop background and probably will be for the foreseeable future.

But he's not very good any more and it's time to start someone whose legs haven't gone.
  • I like Jackson as much as most and we need a leader on the pitch, which he is.

But there's no doubt, that in The Championship, he has been struggling to keep up with the play.

At his energetic best, he just about manages it. At his lethargic worse, like yesterday, he's chasing shadows.

He did so many rugby style tackles yesterday, grappling people, pulling them back. He gave away a penalty, which thankfully wasn't given. Jackson & Cousins very rarely works in midfield and has been a problem for a long time.

I'd like to know why Poyet isan't figuring.

I am guessing for the same reason why Fanni and Sanogo weren't on the bench - not fit enough. It's the same with Johnson, we are bringing players in who aren't not ready for the battle we face. It's the same with the likes of Lookman, Makienok, Sarr etc. Our recruitment has been extraordinarily naive in terms of how hard this league is, both mentally and physically. This window has showed yet again that we haven't learnt from previous mistakes.
  • jamescafc said:

This window has showed yet again that we haven't learnt from previous mistakes.

I honestly don't think it's a case of not learning from mistakes I think they just don't have anyone making these decisions that have a clue what's needed.

• jamescafc said:

I like Jackson as much as most and we need a leader on the pitch, which he is.

But there's no doubt, that in The Championship, he has been struggling to keep up with the play.

At his energetic best, he just about manages it. At his lethargic worse, like yesterday, he's chasing shadows.

He did so many rugby style tackles yesterday, grappling people, pulling them back. He gave away a penalty, which thankfully wasn't given. Jackson & Cousins very rarely works in midfield and has been a problem for a long time.

I'd like to know why Poyet isan't figuring.

I am guessing for the same reason why Fanni and Sanogo weren't on the bench - not fit enough. It's the same with Johnson, we are bringing players in who aren't not ready for the battle we face. It's the same with the likes of Lookman, Makienok, Sarr etc. Our recruitment has been extraordinarily naive in terms of how hard this league is, both mentally and physically. This window has showed yet again that we haven't learnt from previous mistakes.
    Poyet should be fit enough, he played a reasonable number of games for MKD, 20 according to Wikipedia