Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bergdich

Could someone please explain what he brings to the team apart from running very quickly. Watched him closely today and he really seems to offer very little - definitely not a wide player and runs around like a headless chicken.
His shot was almost Churchian in its execution.

Comments

• Birdshit IMHO is absolutely awful
  • JJust my opinion but I suspect that he is in the team to put him more in the shop window. Not at all suited to championship, gives the ball away cheaply and should not be playing right now.
    Maybe playing as part of the tit for tat negotiations that Riga agreed with RD - who knows?
  • edited February 2016
    Harriott should be playing. Played well for Riga before, played well when he came back... Then dropped for Bergdich, weird.
  • He's absolute wank. Sorry, but he really isn't a championship player.
  • Not a good game from him. At all. To be fair with the shot though, it was on his right foot. He should have put it across goal for Mak.
  • He was awful today!!! (Come to think of it - he always is!). Chicken of the headless variety; no sense of positioning and overall game/match awareness, can't pass a ball for toffee!
  • I don't know, didn't he have our only effort on goal? the only reason it reached the keeper was due to the wind.
  • It's not as if he was the weak link in the team either today, though he needs to be called out for that ludicrous booking, the sort of pointless yellow card that often comes back to bite you later on in a match when you need to make a desperate challenge
  • Sponsored links:

• HexHex
    edited February 2016
    He is a liability and like Ba, plays with imaginary teammates. I thought he was supposed to be a fullback come left-sided midfielder but you can tell Riga's opinion of his defending by the fact he is left upfield when defending corners.

Like the earlier poster I too wonder if it's the compromise Riga had to make to be allowed a player choice of his own.
  • He had a poor game today. But so did thirteen others in the same shirt. He's been much more effective in the two games prior.
  • thenewbie said:

He had a poor game today. But so did thirteen others in the same shirt. He's been much more effective in the two games prior.

You can't be "more effective in the two games" if you are entirely ineffective in all the other games. Perhaps marginally less ineffective would be more accurate ?
  • sam3110 said:

Watch the highlights back (won't take you long) he played the ball to Reza for a chance, had a chance himself, which unfortunately was on his right foot and not his left, and played the ball to Solly for Lookmans header too.

Certainly contributed more to the game than JBG (apart from the push of course) and has been nowhere the worst player out there recently. In fact, he played 3 different positions today and when THD had to do similar in a game he was commended, fuck it even lauded by some because of it.

But hey lets all jump back on the "RD signing therefore we must bash him" bandwagon

Everyone is currently being bashed. Morgan Fox & JJ the top of the list, Bergdich amongst them.. The whole lot in all honesty.
  • To be fair, he played reasonably against Blackburn and Rotherham

This is Charlton Life after a defeat. You're not allowed to be fair here.

Post something critical of Bergdich then move on to 'worst left back ever' thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Simple solution, move him to left back in place of Fox and bring Harriot back. We then strengthen two positions.
  • Simple solution, move him to left back in place of Fox and bring Harriot back. We then strengthen two positions.

We did that halfway through the second half and we looked even worse, barely recall Harriott touching the ball
  • He was terrific at Rotherham and has been no worse than anyone else whenever I have seen him .. like a few of OUR players I suspect that he is totally pissed off with the bad atmosphere hanging over the Valley and the abuse some players receive from the first until the last minute .. this has two possible effects:
    1) Players are under too much stress and are too tense and timid ... for other types of personality (Makienok perhaps) 2) Fuck you all, take the piss all you like and I just won't try my hardest for you ..
  • Having worked with professional sportsmen for over a decade, I can assure you the better players focus on the game at hand and are able to completely block out whatever happens off the pitch. The weaker players, however, will always blame external issues for their poor performances.
  • I thought Jackson was worse than Bergdich, but one is a Club legend and one isn't. It makes people's judgement less objective.
  • You lot make me laugh, he is no worse than Fox, Lennon, Jackson, Harriott . But he is a network signing so automatically wank.

This
    He is a left back not a winger.
    Totally agree with dickplumb aswell, Jackson offers fuck all in midfield , club legend yes but i am afraid we lose most games because our midfield is shit period.
    Should be Bergdich at left back and Harriott left midfield/winger. Ba is a better option than Jackson did more in his cameo than jackson did in the whole game who it has to be said couldnt even get close to making tackles.
  • You lot make me laugh, he is no worse than Fox, Lennon, Jackson, Harriott . But he is a network signing so automatically wank.

This
    He is a left back not a winger.
    Totally agree with dickplumb aswell, Jackson offers fuck all in midfield , club legend yes but i am afraid we lose most games because our midfield is shit period.
    Should be Bergdich at left back and Harriott left midfield/winger. Ba is a better option than Jackson did more in his cameo than jackson did in the whole game who it has to be said couldnt even get close to making tackles.
    Which is why he kept giving away free kicks. Am surprised he didn't get booked earlier on in the game. Bergdich may have given the ball away a few times but at least he tried to keep it on the floor. Lost count of the amount of aimless punts we made that flew out of of play when the wind got hold of the ball or sailed into the keepers arms.
  • Bergdich was ok yesterday and better than ok, in the previous 2 games.

He certainly had a better game than Jackson & Fox who were poor.