Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose calls Tomlin a cheat

Jose said it was a clear dive that won Bristol City the game today .... 100% agree it was right in front of me and no contact was made , plus the wink and smile from Tomlin to the covered end said it all ...

Comments

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Macronate said:

Fraeye's fault for not getting better results when he was interim manager thereby causing him to be relieved of his duties which subsequently meant he was unable to secure loan deals for Tomlin and Kermorgant when they both said they wanted to come.

Tomlin not good enough what did he do today apart from dive
    .... Bournmouth turned out request down, Yann wanted to come where does he say that funny really as he did not want to stay when we wanted him
    went home with 3 points?
  • Options
    Was it a pen? It looked soft to me but I'd been to the pub before and am biased
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Just seen the highlights. Not a lot of contact but stupidity by JBG and looked like a push. Easy decision for the Ref.
    Colin in talking crap shock!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10158241/charlton-0-1-bristol-city
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    deflect the attention away from the utter gash on display in red.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Just seen the highlights. Not a lot of contact but stupidity by Fox and looked like a push. Easy decision for the Ref.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10158241/charlton-0-1-bristol-city

Dont you mean the push was from Solly?
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Just seen the highlights. Not a lot of contact but stupidity by Fox and looked like a push. Easy decision for the Ref.

Dont you mean the push was from Solly?
    Nope, JBG but had been reading the Fox thread so he was on my mind....Sorry Fox.
  • Options
    Just seen the clip. It's a penalty, Colin. Stick your hand into the back of a player running onto the ball there and he'll go down. Most managers would berate their man if he didn't. Agree it was not enough to send him tumbling in the real world, but there was contact and in football that's enough.
  • Options
    Honestly, if any of our players had been making that same run into the opposition box and felt the same amount of contact, down they would go. And we'd all demand a penalty for it. Whether it SHOULD be or not, that's a pretty clear cut penalty decision.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Just seen the clip. It's a penalty, Colin. Stick your hand into the back of a player running onto the ball there and he'll go down. Most managers would berate their man if he didn't. Agree it was not enough to send him tumbling in the real world, but there was contact and in football that's enough.

It does beg the question of what Solly was doing.
  • Options

mogodon said:

It does beg the question of what Colin was watching.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

mogodon said:

It does beg the question of what Colin was watching.
    It didn't look a penalty from where I was - depends where you sit.
  • Options
    Tomlin goes over so easily and under the lightest of flaps from JBG but as others have said - any player is going to do it whether it's right or not decision wise!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A clear penalty for me. Stupid challenge by JBG who should have left it to Solly

Strange that the highlights don't show the foul on Reza, I assume it was outside the box and the defender wasn't the last man, but I'd like to see it again
  • Options

A clear penalty for me. Stupid challenge by JBG who should have left it to Solly

Solly drifted inside and lost Tomlin. It was JBG or no-one.
  • Options
    have not seen it again but not really bothered if it was or wasn't as perhaps if we got in the opposition box a bit more we might get a few pens, deserved or otherwise. I wonder what Jose opinion is on what I thought was a much clearer a penalty a bit later on.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Jose said it was a clear dive that won Bristol City the game today .... 100% agree it was right in front of me and no contact was made , plus the wink and smile from Tomlin to the covered end said it all ...

Not sure where you sit Colin, but I was sitting almost in line with what the ref saw. A hand went up, there was a forward motion which made contact with Tomlin, he went down. Not a lot of contact but enough. I, and all around me, thought it was a clear penalty. I would think the ref thought it a dead cert from where he was standing. We also thought that it was an utterly stupid thing to do and unnecessary.

I'm sure had it been the other way round and the ref hadn't given it, you would be calling the ref a cheat.

anyway, how do you think this season is going?
  • Options
    Obvious penalty, I hope Riga doesn't make a habit of reading the Giant Book of Excuses by Karel Fraeye.
  • Options
    Thought the penalty was soft but later one looked more solid.
    This aside it can't be used as an excuse, the team were poor today.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It was a clear push in the back and a clear penalty.

My thoughts exactly. Lucky not to give away another soon after!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Who cares if was a penalty or not we had 75 minutes to equalise and get a winner and didn't have a single decent shot on goal - we deserved to lose - we are crap and we are going down
  • Options
    Jose Riga said that it should have been a draw..

We did nothing worthy of getting a draw!