Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where were all the banners ?

When i read this weeks idea i thought what a great idea. Two questions..who were they given to ? I would have held one up { although i did take and hold up a homemade version}. And i realise the timing didn't work out as the penalty was given at the same time but was surprised to see only a few held up at the set time. Also hardly any held up later in the game. Why no further chanting / holding up of banners throughout the game. Protest seemed to go very flat.This isn't a criticism as i realise these things must take a lot of organising.

Comments

• 100 were defo given put but it didn't look like they all made it in...
  • Some got confiscated on entry.

Protests inside the ground can only go with the flow and atmosphere. With the game being so flat, this made the atmosphere flat, which didnt help the protest
  • Saw dozens held up and the big black and white one was in display for most of the game.

AFKA was asking for volunteers during the week so people could have put there names forward.

Some dodgy geezer offer us a banner in the Lib which we took in and held up but it was one of the homemade ones.

Protests inside the ground can only go with the flow and atmosphere. With the game being so flat, this made the atmosphere flat, which didnt help the protest

Not true. The atmosphere at Hull was great, albeit gallows humour. The fans sang all game and much of it after half an hour was abuse against the regime. The worse we played the louder our fans sang. Keep it up everyone.

Not true. The atmosphere at Hull was great, albeit gallows humour. The fans sang all game and much of it after half an hour was abuse against the regime. The worse we played the louder our fans sang. Keep it up everyone.
    Away atmospheres are always different
  • edited February 2016
  • I held mine up upside down

Did it say RD in then?

' )
  • Sponsored links:

• Gentleman came around the Royal Oak about 1:45 and asked if you were sitting in the Covered End. (Matt Wright plus an older male)When the answer was no, they pissed off without an acknowledgement. Does it matter where you sit? If you want to hold a banner up, them let them do it.

Do not believe we are not wanting the same cause if we don't sit behind the goal!
  • shirty5 said:

Gentleman came around the Royal Oak about 1:45 and asked if you were sitting in the Covered End. (Matt Wright plus an older male)When the answer was no, they pissed off without an acknowledgement. Does it matter where you sit? If you want to hold a banner up, them let them do it.

Do not believe we are not wanting the same cause if we don't sit behind the goal!

Sorry mate. I was probably the older male (effing cheek :smile: ). Didn't mean to be rude at all, just a lot to do in little time. As Fanny says, it was all about concentrating the banners in one area on this occasion.
  • shirty5 said:

Gentleman came around the Royal Oak about 1:45 and asked if you were sitting in the Covered End. (Matt Wright plus an older male)When the answer was no, they pissed off without an acknowledgement. Does it matter where you sit? If you want to hold a banner up, them let them do it.

I think you'll find that the decision was made to create the greatest impact by targetting the North Lower & Upper only on this occasion.

Had those 100 or so been sprinkled around all 3 sides, it would have considerably diluted the protesters' aim.

Was you a party to this then Jean? I personally thought it was patronizing to other people behind the cause
  • Davo55 said:

shirty5 said:

Sorry mate. I was probably the older male (effing cheek :smile: ). Didn't mean to be rude at all, just a lot to do in little time. As Fanny says, it was all about concentrating the banners in one area on this occasion.
    Seen and noted. Lesson learned in future then?
  • The banners for me took too much out of the support for the team.

We lost covered end support in the first 20 minutes where we sit.

In West lower we need the covered end to get those if of us who are up for it going, we can't do it by ourselves, we have tried.
  • We struggled to support the team today, not just because their performance wasn't sharp but because also the lead singers weren't up to the job.

Very unhappy with the team performance and with the support today.

Very poor on both fronts.
  • shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

I think you'll find that the decision was made to create the greatest impact by targetting the North Lower & Upper only on this occasion.

Had those 100 or so been sprinkled around all 3 sides, it would have considerably diluted the protesters' aim.

Was you a party to this then Jean? I personally thought it was patronizing to other people behind the cause
    I agree with the banners in the North stand only for this protest. Made more impact than if done across all stands. All behind CARD want the same thing so let's not start in fighting. Banners with billboard today was a good day's work under the circumstances. Let's take it one protest at a time.
  • I was amazed there was so many, stewards were very strict with the pat downs!
  • Sponsored links:

• We were two banners in the Lib and we sit in the east.
  • edited February 2016

shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

I agree with the banners in the North stand only for this protest. Made more impact than if done across all stands. All behind CARD want the same thing so let's not start in fighting. Banners with billboard today was a good day's work under the circumstances. Let's take it one protest at a time.
    There are more than the 2,000 people in the upper tier of the covered end behind this cause. Please don't say that the West/East stands are full of people supping on their tea and home made cheese sarnies and don't care what's going on. You have to look at the Directors Box at the Blackburn game to see that is not true.

Now when the post came out on Social Media at 12 it said as follows

"These will be distributed by CARD to already identified supporters prior to the game with instructions to hold them up for 60 seconds after 19.05 minutes and every time there is a chant of “Stand Up If You Want Them Out” – and otherwise as fans feel comfortable".

When I read the above I was proud of what was happening. Sadly some of the supporters were not identified hence what happened in the Oak at 13:45.

Regardless of where we watch the game from, please don't assume we have to sit behind the goal to have the same beliefs.

• shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

There are more than the 2,000 people in the upper tier of the covered end behind this cause. Please don't say that the West/East stands are full of people supping on their tea and home made cheese sarnies and don't care what's going on. You have to look at the Directors Box at the Blackburn game to see that is not true.

"These will be distributed by CARD to already identified supporters prior to the game with instructions to hold them up for 60 seconds after 19.05 minutes and every time there is a chant of “Stand Up If You Want Them Out” – and otherwise as fans feel comfortable".

When I read the above I was proud of what was happening. Sadly some of the supporters were not identified hence what happened in the Oak at 13:45.

Regardless of where we watch the game from, please don't assume we have to sit behind the goal to have the same beliefs.

Didn't say that at all. I'm in the East stand.
  • Absolutely hilarious, worst protest I have ever seen!!... Penalty came at the perfect time tbh and nothing of note happened!
  • Sounds like a bit of a balls up (from afar)
  • shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

As it happens, @shirty5, I'm in the East Stand too. And I'm working very, very hard as part of CARD to try to get my Charlton back to the way I love it. Neither I nor anyone involved believes that Charlton fans in different parts of the ground have different beliefs or ability to support the protest. I would have loved to have banners all around the ground but we had a limited number and we made a tactical decision to concentrate them where it would have a major impact.
  • No infighting guys... Everyone needs to stick together.