Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Posts on here are like yesterday's chip paper

These days I generally only look at the posts that appear on the first page of my phone but a quick glance at the second page made me realise how quickly posts are sinking these days because of all the topics that get started...and it's not as if they are not being read or responded to in impressive numbers...the original owners of 365 where Netaddicks was hosted and we all moved over from, monikers et al, must be gutted to see sites like this one make a success of it...anyone know how this site stacks up to the official club one in hits etc ?

Comments

• Everyone wants there opinion heard, so start new threads to be centre of attention!

Oh wait! isnt that what you just done :open_mouth:
  • It makes you wonder whether someone could actually fully own a football club when sites like this exist...
  • Actually, traffic in general is probably a bit down on say two years but I suspect the usage of Facebook and Twitter for football stuff has increased significantly in that time.

We did have a record day a couple of weeks ago (the day after the Hudders stuffing) in terms of unique visitors and pageviews, and I noticed that he Charlton related thread on Transfer Deadline Day received 82k pageviews and around 800 comments in around 13 hours on Monday by itself.

What is noticeable is the average time people are spending on the site per visit has increased quite significantly of late, which is encouraging as people are engaging more.

a bit like Redtube.
  • You've lost me there LTGTR ?

The business of a professional football club consists of 4 main inter-dependent things 1) the franchise; 2) the ground; 3) the team; and 4) the fans...without all 4 the franchise doesn't work..if sites like this, basically, represent the fans, provide an outlet for views and frustrations and a rallying point for the protest for instance then then owners only ever own 3 of the 4 things...following that logic you 'own' part of Charlton Athletic...'Roland, Katrien and AFKA out'
  • So what was the point you were making/question you were asking in your original post LTGTR
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    timken said:

So what was the point you were making/questiion you were asking in your original post LTGTR

To paraphrase somebody else 'little old CharltonLife ain't so little anymore'
  • And the award for most baffling thread of the year goes to...........
  • You've lost me there LTGTR ?

The business of a professional football club consists of 4 main inter-dependent things 1) the franchise; 2) the ground; 3) the team; and 4) the fans...without all 4 the franchise doesn't work..if sites like this, basically, represent the fans, provide an outlet for views and frustrations and a rallying point for the protest for instance then then owners only ever own 3 of the 4 things...following that logic you 'own' part of Charlton Athletic...'Roland, Katrien and AFKA out'
    At which point in history has a football team "owned" the fans though ?
  • Nope I still don't get any of It not a thing
  • Actually, traffic in general is probably a bit down on say two years but I suspect the usage of Facebook and Twitter for football stuff has increased significantly in that time.

We did have a record day a couple of weeks ago (the day after the Hudders stuffing) in terms of unique visitors and pageviews, and I noticed that he Charlton related thread on Transfer Deadline Day received 82k pageviews and around 800 comments in around 13 hours on Monday by itself.

What is noticeable is the average time people are spending on the site per visit has increased quite significantly of late, which is encouraging as people are engaging more doing infinitely less work.

• Nope I still don't get any of It not a thing

Actually, I think I do to a certain extent, though it isn't specific to 'here'.

I 'think' what he is trying to a say that in terms of all the components of a football club, the fans are an important aspect, it is also an aspect that clubs do not own or control. Through forums, social media etc that has now magnified and provide a degree of collectivity and organization.

though probably wrong!!

• Well why didn't he say that then, I couldn't get me head around the title
  • Sponsored links:

• I was desperately hoping it made it onto the second page so I could do that :-)
  • Actually, traffic in general is probably a bit down on say two years

Most of that is down to the number of Bans being thrown about willy nilly.

And Henry having trouble with his broadband.

• Are the new off-line groups included in the traffic?

Much more fun and informative
  • Are the new off-line groups included in the traffic?

I thought you'd been given a temporary suspension from the transgender group?

• Addickted said:

Are the new off-line groups included in the traffic?

I thought you'd been given a temporary suspension from the transgender group?

I still think calling you a fat drama queen was fair comment but the PC brigade didn't like it
  • If its any use - I tend to come on here a lot more when things and aren't going well and a few others i know are similar - partly so I can air my views and partly because its more interesting when there's a 'crisis' going on I guess
  • So in a nutshell this is "people shouldnt make new threads..."

Ta.
  • Page 2 yet?