Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Possibilities of more loans

2»

Comments

• edited February 2016

@drewman @RedChaser bah humbug. Give Riga some credit. He's rated by the players and he turned things around demonstrably in his first shift and he has massively lifted them this time around. He has made short work of dead wood and I think he means business. I hope I am right.

If he had any self respect he would have told Duchatelet to f*** off.

It will all end in tears.....again.
    He had a 3 month contract last time, was his own man by not playing the network players and for this reason was not given a new contract.

After Charlton in London(staff from the top to the bottom) when into meltdown after the Serb was offered the job, Duchatelet for the first time did a U turn and offered the job to Riga. Jose told him where to stick a short contract, and instead was rewarded with a 18 month deal.

On Jose Riga part he has come back in a powerful position, and if he keeps Charlton up, which he is a course and distant winner at, He will be offered a job in the championship by a more ambitious club.

A win win situation for Jose, and i am amazed that some on CL can't see this. Talking in the vernacular, it was a no brainer for Jose Riga.
  • RedChaser said:

Redrobo said:

RedChaser said:

@drewman @RedChaser bah humbug. Give Riga some credit. He's rated by the players and he turned things around demonstrably in his first shift and he has massively lifted them this time around. He has made short work of dead wood and I think he means business. I hope I am right.

I hope you're right as well @c4fcdenmark. I'm not knocking the bloke but I'm not going overboard about him either. Great result at Rotherham which after 3 games is four points from nine; he's won, drawn and lost one. Tex appears to be a good signing but still very early days, Sanogo doesn't score many but neither have many of our strikers this season so might be ok at this level and Rod F has pedigree but been playing in the Middle East in the twilight of his career. As I said Riga appears to be making his mark but the proof of the pudding............

I'm far more hopeful than I was under Fraye about staying up, three points Saturday v Brissle are vital but I'm going to wait until he has been in charge for 10 games before issuing an interim report. Even then we have a very tough run in. As Curbs said don't get too low with the lows or too high with the highs, this game has a habit of kicking you in the nadgers :wink: .
    It's harsh to blame Riga for the Hull defeat, considering he came in on Friday and had no training time with the players. I'd mark that down as one of the "interim" games like the Watford fiasco before Luzon got his clerarance
    Yup. 4 points out of 6 is a fairer view.
    Since when was football fair, he was officially manager / coach at Hull four points out of nine the record books will show and Sky's statisticians will show on the ticker tape accross TV screens :wink:
    But we are discussing performance not what should appear in the record books.

Any fair minded person, would I believe, consider that his influence would have been so small that this game should be discounted in order to judge his performance objectively.
  • I would say get Gnabry and we will almost certainly stay up - so whatever it costs, it will surely be worth it.
  • edited February 2016
    Redrobo said:

RedChaser said:

Redrobo said:

RedChaser said:

I hope you're right as well @c4fcdenmark. I'm not knocking the bloke but I'm not going overboard about him either. Great result at Rotherham which after 3 games is four points from nine; he's won, drawn and lost one. Tex appears to be a good signing but still very early days, Sanogo doesn't score many but neither have many of our strikers this season so might be ok at this level and Rod F has pedigree but been playing in the Middle East in the twilight of his career. As I said Riga appears to be making his mark but the proof of the pudding............

I'm far more hopeful than I was under Fraye about staying up, three points Saturday v Brissle are vital but I'm going to wait until he has been in charge for 10 games before issuing an interim report. Even then we have a very tough run in. As Curbs said don't get too low with the lows or too high with the highs, this game has a habit of kicking you in the nadgers :wink: .
    It's harsh to blame Riga for the Hull defeat, considering he came in on Friday and had no training time with the players. I'd mark that down as one of the "interim" games like the Watford fiasco before Luzon got his clerarance
    Yup. 4 points out of 6 is a fairer view.
    Since when was football fair, he was officially manager / coach at Hull four points out of nine the record books will show and Sky's statisticians will show on the ticker tape accross TV screens :wink:
    But we are discussing performance not what should appear in the record books.

Any fair minded person, would I believe, consider that his influence would have been so small that this game should be discounted in order to judge his performance objectively.
    Actually we shouldn't be discussing his performance on this thread and I'm not. I like to think I am fair minded, as I said earlier I'll do that after 10 games, I'm just quoting the stats as they stand.
  • edited February 2016

RedChaser said:

@killerandflash where did I blame Riga for the Hull defeat mate, enlighten me. He was in charge that day and the loss goes against his name fair or not. Luzon never had a work permit for the Watford game so wasn't officially in charge. Them's the facts.
  • @drewman @RedChaser bah humbug. Give Riga some credit. He's rated by the players and he turned things around demonstrably in his first shift and he has massively lifted them this time around. He has made short work of dead wood and I think he means business. I hope I am right.

Not digging out Riga, I have nothing against him personally and whilst he is another network lackey he is definitely the best we've had since Powell. My comment was just an attempt at being funny as whenever we've signed a young player the OS always describes them as "highly rated".
  • I would say get Gnabry and we will almost certainly stay up - so whatever it costs, it will surely be worth it.

Agreed. Rotherham are terrible, Bolton can't get anyone in so we have to finish above one other club.

We also allegedly have Diarra and Bauer to return in the next 2-3 weeks. I say allegedly as with our injury record it could just as easily be 2-3 months.